Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115720 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2013, 02:15:35 am »

If yes to one, then yes to two. But Tar is already a fighter, and Dread Pirate has some sneak attack powers. Scriver seems to be building a swashbuckler as well.
My plan is to prestige class into Assassin, so that should feel different enough from what Taricus and Scriver are doing as not to step on any toes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2013, 02:29:33 am »

Oooooh. Fun.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2013, 03:57:27 am »

For anyone who is wondering, my char will probably end up Barbarian 10/Fighter2/Silvermarked Berserker 10. I really don't intend to be very complicated here. :P

My PRC is actually a fluff mod of Runescarred Berserker that Remuthra okay'd.

Spoiler: Silvermarked Berserker (click to show/hide)

And with some final purchasing changes to my char, I believe she's done.

Edit: The only 'weird' items I took was the Dimension Stride boots from MIC, and I made a custom item based on the creation rules-a headslot bonus to insight AC.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:08:22 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2013, 04:17:11 am »

For anyone who is wondering, my char will probably end up Barbarian 10/Fighter2/Silvermarked Berserker 10. I really don't intend to be very complicated here. :P
Gestalt?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2013, 04:26:07 am »

I can toss some wicked spells, but in the end I'll still be mostly hacking and slashing, if that's what you mean.

Gestalt is term I am not entirely familiar with in regards to D&D, however.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2013, 04:27:54 am »

Well I'm definitely interested in this. Skimmed large parts of the thread so may have missed important information. In any case, my initial thoughts went to playing a sha'ir, but it seems you already have a wizard so the arcane caster role is covered. So can I be a xenotheurgist?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2013, 05:24:18 am »

I have three questions:
Is there still room for players in this game?
Is there still room for crew on Weirdsound's Pirate ship?
Can I play the UA Thug Fighter Variant seen here?
There's always room for extra players.

Both variants are approved.

I can toss some wicked spells, but in the end I'll still be mostly hacking and slashing, if that's what you mean.

Gestalting is essentially getting multiple classes a level, typically to help less powerful classes stay relevant.

Well I'm definitely interested in this. Skimmed large parts of the thread so may have missed important information. In any case, my initial thoughts went to playing a sha'ir, but it seems you already have a wizard so the arcane caster role is covered. So can I be a xenotheurgist?
You may want to be a demonologist instead. A certain campaign rule might make them prevalent.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2013, 05:30:54 am »

You may want to be a demonologist instead. A certain campaign rule might make them prevalent.
Mmm? What campaign rule? A quick readthrough didn't point out anything effecting summons, and the Demonologist is pretty bad as a rule. Plus that still leaves the need for a base class, and I'd have to be arcane to go into Demonologist, and I'd prefer to not step on toes if possible.

EDIT: Plus there's the whole "have to be Chaotic Evil" requirement. I'm fine with roleplaying neutral evil or lawful evil, but if I try to play a chaotic evil character I'd probably default to "lolrandom" evil, and no one wants that.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:35:24 am by Demonic Spoon »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2013, 05:43:31 am »

@Demonic Spoon: I'm pretty sure you could fluff that away...I mean, summoning Demons is pretty evil but maybe you do so for good reasons :P

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:08 am »

@Demonic Spoon: I'm pretty sure you could fluff that away...I mean, summoning Demons is pretty evil but maybe you do so for good reasons :P
Then I'd play a Malconvoker, which I'm considering now that the DM brought up the Demonologist.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2013, 05:51:52 am »

Character sheet is here.

Weird things that the GM should know about include:
-Took levels in the Unearthed Arcana variant fighter who gets Sneak Attack instead of Fighter Feats. Available on the SRD.
-Character is an Orc, a nonstandard but LA +0 race. Available on the SRD.
-The two non-cleave feats are both from Complete Arcane and are available online. Links available on request.
-Armour is technically Psionic, not Magic. Available on the SRD, and I am willing to refluff it as being magic.
-Requesting that I be allowed to swap Know (local) for Know (arcana) for backstory reasons.

Backstory synposis:
Torik was orphaned at a young age and, despite rumours to the contrary, not by his own hand. He grew up on the streets of Karn, fighting and stealing where he could to survive. His only comfort were vague and distant memories of a family that loved him. In time, he grew into a strong and cunning young orc and fell in with a sorcerer, working as one of his thugs in exchange for a stable livelihood. Brutality was his daily work and bloodstains his constant companions, earning him the epithet "the Red Handed". As he grew more experienced, he was rewarded, first with an axe of great and vicious power, said to contain the soul of a devil, and then with a letter of introduction to a guild of assassins. He was trained well, educated in the arcane and the unnatural, before being instructed to make his first kill and be fully welcomed into their order. He was given an address and a simple instruction: "The man that lives here killed your parents. Avenge them." The address was the old sorcerer's tower, his former master, and in a black rage, Torik splattered blood across the walls that night. When he came to grips with having his revenge at last, he felt only hollow. There was no satisfaction in the old sorcerer's death, only a bleak emptiness. Then and there he swore to walk the path of redemption and to find some way to make up for his monstrous misdeeds.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2013, 07:18:00 am »

It means taking multiple classes at a single level. "Barbarian 10/Fighter2/Silvermarked Berserker 10" adds up to 22 levels, so.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2013, 08:02:07 am »

Mmm? What campaign rule?
Bad grammar summons a demon, somewhere.
Remuthra said it as a joke, and then I ran with it. Something like the time I took the pewter candlesticks from a vampire's mansion and used them to attack the vampire. (Apparently, this pewter didn't have silver in it. Copout.)

It means taking multiple classes at a single level. "Barbarian 10/Fighter2/Silvermarked Berserker 10" adds up to 22 levels, so.
Maybe we're going into epic levels? Or at least, he's planning that far?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2013, 08:08:48 am »

Mmm? What campaign rule?
Well that's right out then. I do have standards you know.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2013, 08:28:27 am »

Mmm? What campaign rule?
Well that's right out then. I do have standards you know.
But...but...the free demons!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57