Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115615 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« on: October 26, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »

In the middle of an ocean known as the Realm of Fog, there is a small chain of islands known as the Broken Isles. These seemingly random spits of land enjoy high amounts of trade from passing merchants, as the only landmass within the Realm, traveling between the prosperous nations of Karn to the east and Sil-Marrion to the west. Consequently, the Isles have become host to three prosperous port cities which sprung up on three of the seven large spits of land. These cities are Wolster, founded by the Karnian Sultanate as a means to extend their trading empire, Rickshaw, founded by a company of adventurers, which has since become a haven for pirates and outlaws, and Savinia, a settlement of the imperialistic Sil-Marrion elves as a means of expanding their influence. Other parts of the Isles hold smaller settlements and dens of many races and creatures, brought here by convenience, force, and the allure of a new life. At the center of the seven islands lies Wavebreak Hold. Built by a traveling order of dwarven priests from the far north, the monastery keeps order among the diverse colonists, using the power of Parvion, their chosen god. This group, known as the Order of Shining, has summoned you to Wavebreak Hold to charge you with investigating some strange activity rumored to be occurring recently across the Broken Isles. The situation on the Isles is already strained, and any strange events are most troubling to the Order, who are bound to keep the peace here.

Important Information:
Level Six, Roll for HP, 1.5 WBL (32400 gold), 36 Point Buy
All WotC books, providing you can show them to me and the other players, so we can take a look at what you want to use.
I'll accept any alignments, including an evil party, but evil requires good roleplaying, and if you want to make characters of opposing alignments you'll have to make the party mesh.
If you want to use any of the established setting stuff, let me know so I can give you OOC knowledge about the topics in question.
I'll go ahead and adopt Grek's Marching Order policies. This means you have to add what you want your character to do by default in combat to the sheet, so that if you can't be reached we can continue.
Rounds will move at twenty four hours per turn as per the Marching Order system, unless I for whatever reason can't update the turn, in which case I'll let you guys know.

Wrex's Rule Changes: Find the Source for these Here.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:59:00 am by Remuthra »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 09:31:27 pm »

HMS Holier Than Thou:

HMS Birth of Oblivion:
Surrah Blacktalon
Team Evil's Nefarious Plotting Thread
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 07:12:37 pm by Remuthra »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 09:31:45 pm »

Reserved for Campaign Details.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 09:32:03 pm »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:15:46 pm by Remuthra »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 09:35:31 pm »

Interested. Rereading campaign description and will work on a character shortly thereafter.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 09:43:51 pm »

Found it hard enough to make a level 3 character, never mind another three levels. I'm interested, though i may be a bit busy atm. I'll see how things go. Should be able to cram in a post a day.

Would like further background information on the world though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:44:15 pm »

Found it hard enough to make a level 3 character, never mind another three levels. I'm interested, though i may be a bit busy atm. I'll see how things go. Should be able to cram in a post a day.

What about?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 09:58:40 pm »

sounds cool, I was thinking of going for that Magic Missile Stormer build I heard about. How many flaws do you allow?(this will dictate on if I start Wizard or Warmage)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

What about?
Pretty much anything. Would I be able to adapt my character Ket from a different, non DnD game?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It would require the existence of a large fortress state to the north that rules several vassal cities, though out of that they pretty much sit around and get hired out as heavy-armoured mercenaries. Would that break your world's canon?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 10:02:17 pm »

sounds cool, I was thinking of going for that Magic Missile Stormer build I heard about. How many flaws do you allow?(this will dictate on if I start Wizard or Warmage)
I'm not too big on flaws and traits, personally, but I suppose I can give you one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03:48 pm »

As this seems to be a nautical campaign, I'm definitely going to be using Stormwrack. I'm not sure what all I'll be making...possibly a darfellan, those guys are neat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 10:05:35 pm »

Oh gods. Nose to the grindstone, character creation time!
BTW, what level of optimisation are we going for? I'm thinking of making a Scout, but if it's going to be completely useless then I have plenty of other ideas in mind. Oh yes, plenty, ahahaha...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 10:08:29 pm »

Also, we going point buy or standard roll? And I can work with one flaw(this build properly requires two, but one will work)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 10:10:27 pm »

Yep, this may involve boats. I won't be making this all about them, though, as this wasn't the Adventure on the High Seas campaign choice.

Oh gods. Nose to the grindstone, character creation time!
BTW, what level of optimisation are we going for? I'm thinking of making a Scout, but if it's going to be completely useless then I have plenty of other ideas in mind. Oh yes, plenty, ahahaha...
Roleplay is more important than optimization, but this could be pretty perilous if you don't make yourself at least reasonably effective.

I am awarding roleplaying xp, by the way.

Also, we going point buy or standard roll? And I can work with one flaw(this build properly requires two, but one will work)
Ah, forgot about that. Go 36 point buy.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »

Hum.  Maybe?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:09:57 am by TealNinja »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57