Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115614 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #735 on: November 02, 2013, 08:54:57 pm »

Damned Team Evil Corporate Subsidies.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 02, 2013, 09:01:01 pm »

Team Evil: Because we care about your paycheck and standard of living.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 02, 2013, 09:17:25 pm »

Well I found that having +3 armor and +1 bonus ring is cheaper than +2 armor and +2 bonus ring.
And I only just realized that one of the houserules halved the cost of magic armor/shields, amulets of natural armor, and rings of protection, among others.  That gives me a bit more room to play with. 

Oh, by the way, can people see this if I post it?  I thought I'd throw it together so that we of Team Not-Quite-As-Evil could try to put our ship together.  Since I'm doing my full spell list in the same way (and reserving prepared spells for the main character sheet), I thought I'd check to make sure it's actually visible. ^_^

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 02, 2013, 09:19:34 pm »

Well I found that having +3 armor and +1 bonus ring is cheaper than +2 armor and +2 bonus ring.
And I only just realized that one of the houserules halved the cost of magic armor/shields, amulets of natural armor, and rings of protection, among others.  That gives me a bit more room to play with. 

Oh, by the way, can people see this if I post it?  I thought I'd throw it together so that we of Team Not-Quite-As-Evil could try to put our ship together.  Since I'm doing my full spell list in the same way (and reserving prepared spells for the main character sheet), I thought I'd check to make sure it's actually visible. ^_^
It's visible.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 02, 2013, 09:20:40 pm »

Visible for me.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 02, 2013, 09:21:54 pm »

OK, sounds good.  So, let's start thinking about what kind of ship we want to build.  I think, if we can play with the numbers and plug in how much each of us can contribute, we can figure something out, especially since we need that 10k minimum for HarbingerJM. ^_^

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:51 pm »

What are our priorities in terms of a ship? Speed? Durability? Ability to sink other ships? Places it can go?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 02, 2013, 10:07:22 pm »

Speed, Health, Power.

Pick 2.

I pick Speed and Health, personally; we can handle Power ourselves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 02, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »

Alchemist's fire requires air...gunpowder is almost certainly going to cost money, but is certainly possible. Not that immovable rods don't make a small hole. Just that if you do it in the right place, get lucky, place them right, etc., they can make a large whole(place it so the ship is cut along one side, essentially, by it, for example, or so it breaks the center-piece thing. Would need to place it sideways, though, for the record). Or place it so it breaks their mast. :D

Mostly just because I think it would be cool, is all. An Immovable Staff would work better for the purpose, though. Or a set of them. Three would let you tear a rather large chunk, underwater or not.
Assuming the ship was moving fast enough.
And gunpowder costs nothing compared to mid-level magic items.

Speed, Health, Power.

Pick 2.

I pick Speed and Health, personally; we can handle Power ourselves.
You left out "Cost".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 02, 2013, 10:19:49 pm »

No, not really. With that, cost is assumed to be a constant.

Edit: the wood will break before the rod moves. Meaning either the wood breaks or the ship is stopped. Either way is helpful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 02, 2013, 10:20:14 pm »

Also crew requirements, versatility, and probably some other things, but who's counting?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 02, 2013, 10:32:50 pm »

Well it's not much, but I can toss in my remaining 117g to help
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 02, 2013, 10:32:57 pm »

Edit: the wood will break before the rod moves. Meaning either the wood breaks or the ship is stopped. Either way is helpful.
Cpngratulations! You have stopped a rhip. Matbe I should stop typing in the dark. Nah, I just need to rely more on muscle memory.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 02, 2013, 10:36:44 pm »

I do doubt the ship would stop. Using caravels as an example, at 2 knots(pretty slow), it exerts over 2.5 times as much force as the Rod can hold. Which is plenty, mind you. I do believe the wood would not be strong enough to withstand the force of the rod.

On the other hand, with several immovable rods, or more powerful versions(immovable staff. Yes.), you may be able to spread the ship's force out enough to stop it without obliterating it, if you placed them right. Have a crew of like five people with 3 or 4 rods each, place them all around the ship, immobilize it, get them back once you're done with it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 02, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »

Or just put in an antimagic field in the bow of the ship. So long as it has an effective range to make them fall without them damaging the bottom of the ship and you're safe.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57