Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57

Author Topic: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP  (Read 115620 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Oblivion- 3.5e D&D PbP
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 05:34:29 am »

Posting to express interest. I'll start dreaming up a character now. With that much money to start with, I'm thinking of playing a Dread Pirate: http://dndtools.eu/classes/dread-pirate/

Now I just have to figure out what sort of build would be best to get to that prestige class...

Interested in a first mate, mayhaps? I have a few ideas for both whether you go dishonourable or honourable path.
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 05:42:24 am »

Found it hard enough to make a level 3 character, never mind another three levels.
I find this strange, but then again, I would rummage through 5 different supplement books at once and write up characters to level 20 when I got bored.

What are the "WotC" books again? I'm bad with anagrams.
I may be able to make a character without even looking at the books if I can remember them...

I don't have any of the books. I've never played Dnd in real life. The first time i made a character sheet was around a week ago.

I don't really know what I'm doing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 05:45:33 am »

So long as you're not playing with Chick Rules, there's nothing wrong with that.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 05:48:09 am »

So long as you're not playing with Chick Rules, there's nothing wrong with that.

...the what rules?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 06:04:53 am »

What are the "WotC" books again? I'm bad with anagrams.
Wizards of the Coast.
Oh...

That makes sense.

So could I use:
Eborron
The second Player's handbook
The Book of 9 Swords (And possibly Weapons of Destiny)
And maybe Complete Warrior/Mage, if I'm confusing which feats are coming from which books.

I won't even ask for Book of Exalted Feats, because forget that garbage.

Also, though I wouldn't do it, Factotum is best class evar.
Wizards of the Coast is all official game content, which is all written by the Wizards of the Coast.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 06:22:45 am »

Oh, time to make another char...!

Question for GM. If I make a eagle totem barbarian, can I consider spot a class skill? It'd sort of make sense...

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Eagle_Totem_Class_Features <--

Also, my char. Actually mostly done. Yet another char from an aborted campaign, re-purposed for use. :)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=593827

Edit: Also, any lore about the colder, northern climates would be helpful. Thrush is obviously from someplace cold.

HP http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4275446/
Sure, you can do that. Also, here, have some lore.

Generally, the lands to the far north are mostly unknown to the world at large, being perilous for ships and therefore not worth trading, conquering, or even that much exploring. Some say the northern lands are cursed, adding to the air of mysteriousness associated with them. It is said that dwarves and giants live together in the arctic wastes. However, as a human, you would be from the Western Lands, not the North. Much of the northwest land is either mostly uninhabited, deemed too harsh for organized colonization, is under the control of one of the many small human nations of the West, or is a part of the Bothnian Kingdoms, a large northern human country which, due in the main to its political disunity and its focus on conquering the smaller nations around it, has despite its excellent large ship construction not expanded as the Karr have. The Bothnians are very much ingrained with a sense of duty and a capitalist, loose class structure, and borrow influences from certain European nations.
Does that help?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 06:35:23 am »

...the what rules?
The Dark Dungeon rules. When your character dies, you die too!

Is leadership allowed?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 06:37:04 am »

...the what rules?
The Dark Dungeon rules. When your character dies, you die too!

Is leadership allowed?
Yep.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 06:41:25 am »

It dose help.

My char will be from one of those small western human nations.

Tell me if you have any problems with my peoples backstory, Remuthra.

[Tribe]
~The Stormhawks

Thrush's tribe lives, naturally, in the cold and somewhat harsh northwestern forested lands that are (for that area) well traveled by the people of the world as a trade port-unlike their nomadic brethren, the Stormhawks maintain the far flung port city of Dracoshire, drawing some riches and not a few converts from the sailors and merchants who pass through. They are no less warriors, though, and many of them are adventurers and mercenaries-taking advantage of the power and freedom granted through their station to visit other lands and bring back great stories and treasures.

Their living icon and protector is Aglanaon, the 'Stormhawk'-he is Silver Dragon, and a benevolent ruler. The Noble Wyrm has existed for many years beyond counting, and perhaps even he does not remember if originally the tribe came around him, or he founded the tribe-but under his rule, he has somewhat civilized their wild customs, and helped them adjust to the changing world-and the same may be true in reverse. Though they protect and honor him as King, he humbly refuses to be venerated as a God.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 06:48:05 am »

It dose help.

My char will be from one of those small western human nations.

Tell me if you have any problems with my peoples backstory, Remuthra.

[Tribe]
~The Stormhawks

Thrush's tribe lives, naturally, in the cold and somewhat harsh northwestern forested lands that are (for that area) well traveled by the people of the world as a trade port-unlike their nomadic brethren, the Stormhawks maintain the far flung port city of Dracoshire, drawing some riches and not a few converts from the sailors and merchants who pass through. They are no less warriors, though, and many of them are adventurers and mercenaries-taking advantage of the power and freedom granted through their station to visit other lands and bring back great stories and treasures.

Their living icon and protector is Aglanaon, the 'Stormhawk'-he is Silver Dragon, and a benevolent ruler. The Noble Wyrm has existed for many years beyond counting, and perhaps even he does not remember if originally the tribe came around him, or he founded the tribe-but under his rule, he has somewhat civilized their wild customs, and helped them adjust to the changing world-and the same may be true in reverse. Though they protect and honor him as King, he humbly refuses to be venerated as a God.
I wonder that neither you nor the dragon was wiped out. Still, I can't argue with it :P.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 07:03:28 am »

Posting to express interest. I'll start dreaming up a character now. With that much money to start with, I'm thinking of playing a Dread Pirate: http://dndtools.eu/classes/dread-pirate/

Now I just have to figure out what sort of build would be best to get to that prestige class...

Interested in a first mate, mayhaps? I have a few ideas for both whether you go dishonourable or honourable path.

Cool. I'm still planning the character out, but I don't think I'm going to take Dread Pirate before level 6, so I wont have to decide honorable or not until my first level up. If you want to be a first mate, we could help each other out with the cost of the ship at creation, so we have more money to buy stuff, but we should at least plan out out backgrounds together.

---

Also, This will be my first multiclass character. Are we doing any penaities for Multiclass? And when you calculate the BAB of a character with multiple classes, do you add the BAB from each class or just use the highest.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 07:07:41 am »

Cool. I'm still planning the character out, but I don't think I'm going to take Dread Pirate before level 6, so I wont have to decide honorable or not until my first level up. If you want to be a first mate, we could help each other out with the cost of the ship at creation, so we have more money to buy stuff, but we should at least plan out out backgrounds together.

---

Also, This will be my first multiclass character. Are we doing any penaities for Multiclass? And when you calculate the BAB of a character with multiple classes, do you add the BAB from each class or just use the highest.
No, because multiclass penalties are stupid.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:24:20 am by Remuthra »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 07:23:22 am »

For calculating BAB, you add the BAB of both classes, and use the total of that.

Anyway, I may be joining, but I do have to ask if would use some of the house rules indicated in this thread. Still interested if not, just means I'll have to use a different character, is all.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2013, 07:48:41 am »

Alright, I think I'll go Druid (with a 1 level dip into rouge for skills) to get dread pirate...

Although rouge dosn't get a point of BAB at level 1, which will delay me getting Dread pirate for a level... Does anybody know a way I can get Appraise and Use Rope on my druid? I'm shuffling through a huge list of base classes now in hopes of finding something with the skills I need and a +1 BAB at lvl 1...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 07:54:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hnnng.

Alright, I think I'll go Druid (with a 1 level dip into rouge for skills) to get dread pirate...

Although rouge dosn't get a point of BAB at level 1, which will delay me getting Dread pirate for a level... Does anybody know a way I can get Appraise and Use Rope on my druid? I'm shuffling through a huge list of base classes now in hopes of finding something with the skills I need and a +1 BAB at lvl 1...
Use your background to justify to the GM why you should be able to swap some skills around. I presume your character has spent time on a boat before?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57