Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to Spelunk: Another Cave Adventure (Waitlist)  (Read 29344 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Spelunk: Another Cave Adventure (Waitlist)
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:36 pm »

I promise I won't be a jerk, but I might be a bit of a trickster, Loki style... And by that, I mean Norse Loki, not Marvel Loki... I'm also going to probably be the spotter of the group if we work together, with my perception and feats and stuff... But expect me to run REALLY, REALLY quickly at the first sign of trouble
Marvel Loki is a loser compared to Norse Loki!
But your idea sounds a lot like my character, with my poison and flammables and many perception based abilities, maybe we could work together.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »

Alright, with the exception of maybe my unarmed feats not working that way :P I should be ready and legal.

Although each reincarnation of Roger will bend the rules just a little farther, just saying.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2013, 10:30:37 pm »

I promise I won't be a jerk, but I might be a bit of a trickster, Loki style... And by that, I mean Norse Loki, not Marvel Loki... I'm also going to probably be the spotter of the group if we work together, with my perception and feats and stuff... But expect me to run REALLY, REALLY quickly at the first sign of trouble
Marvel Loki is a loser compared to Norse Loki!
But your idea sounds a lot like my character, with my poison and flammables and many perception based abilities, maybe we could work together.
Think of my guy as the thief based character; you got something you need me to get, I'll try and nab it for you. You want me to check for traps, I'll do it. You anger me? I steal your treasures in your sleep and distribute them amongst everyone else, making them believe its new stuff. Only thing I need is a dress that makes me fly :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2013, 10:34:53 pm »

(I say you should put in a dynamic town, it's always active even when spelunking so wait listers can jump in once somebody dies, and the caves only reset when either its all explored or they leave entirely, also so the others can dump atifacts and minerals back at town and come back for more.)

I was actually thinking of doing pretty much that, except with a few differences. Caves won't reset; instead, people will vote on locations from a list of options, and the expedition will begin once people agree. As for it being always active, that sounds like significantly more work. It might be doable, though. And people will be able to dump things back in town; they just won't be able to return until everybody else does.
No that wasn't what I meant, when I said always active I just meant that you could go back and forth if you wanted to OR:
In the situation in which you are hurt and return to get fixed, at means you have finished that expedition, everything would be like you said, but if you tried to get fixed up, that would mean your expedition was finished until everyone else came out or got killed, everything else sounds really Cool though.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2013, 10:50:21 pm »

(I say you should put in a dynamic town, it's always active even when spelunking so wait listers can jump in once somebody dies, and the caves only reset when either its all explored or they leave entirely, also so the others can dump atifacts and minerals back at town and come back for more.)

I was actually thinking of doing pretty much that, except with a few differences. Caves won't reset; instead, people will vote on locations from a list of options, and the expedition will begin once people agree. As for it being always active, that sounds like significantly more work. It might be doable, though. And people will be able to dump things back in town; they just won't be able to return until everybody else does.
No that wasn't what I meant, when I said always active I just meant that you could go back and forth if you wanted to OR:
In the situation in which you are hurt and return to get fixed, at means you have finished that expedition, everything would be like you said, but if you tried to get fixed up, that would mean your expedition was finished until everyone else came out or got killed, everything else sounds really Cool though.
That sounds good, and its like a "leave early and heal" type thing. Mind you, they'd have to get out first. I just hope we don't have that one idiot who falls into a trap and then when someone comes to rescue him, a jerk extorts him to get his gear in exchange for getting out alive... Like my friends AD&D game when the guy got hold of the trap controls and stole everything my friend had

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2013, 10:51:54 pm »

That sounds good, and its like a "leave early and heal" type thing. Mind you, they'd have to get out first. I just hope we don't have that one idiot who falls into a trap and then when someone comes to rescue him, a jerk extorts him to get his gear in exchange for getting out alive... Like my friends AD&D game when the guy got hold of the trap controls and stole everything my friend had
I know them feels.

One of my first ADnD games I played was with a thief that would pick his allies pockets during battle
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 11:08:21 pm »

I know them feels.

One of my first ADnD games I played was with a thief that would pick his allies pockets during battle
Have an ally like that in my current D&D who proceeded to run past the enemy at the first sight of a decent sized pile of gold. He stuffed his pockets with about two handfuls and me, the fighter, and the paladin, both had him in a position where we could insta-kill him. The groups bard/leader/Nazi proceeded to go on a rant saying how we're both not lawful evil so we shouldn't care (4e paladins can be any alignment, though evil are Blackguards) but my guy follows a bastardized "Code of Honor" and stealing was one of those that was punishable by any means, as was murder and betrayal. We figured it all out when he got to keep the gold he had, and the rest and the leftover loot was distributed amongst the rest of the group (he got ~170 gold, everyone else got 300+ gold EACH). Needless to say, my character hates him with a passion, and if his goals are threatened by him, he will kill him, along with 1/2 others of the party he doesn't care for. The others he'd knock out

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2013, 04:50:52 pm »

There may not be a turn tonight. I misplaced my school bus pass, and have to sort out a way to get to school while I wait for a replacement to arrive.

Edit: Nope, didn't take very long.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:44:46 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2013, 06:33:56 pm »

I have no idea what's up with the dice. Also, I just realized that Unlucky gives less points than decreasing each stat by one. That should probably change.

Quote from: Coolrune206
Sneak-run off.
Push past the guy going down the unsloped path. That guy who's yelling.
Quote from: GWG
-MEGASNIP-
Don't attack Coolrune, but put the fear of God/me into him.
Light oil and chase after Coolrune

Flip off Coolrune, follow behind him by 20 feet, and apply poison to my rapier.

"One false move and your dead, mate, and I'm not risking my life with those stupid ropes."
Wish everyone good luck, including Squidgel, if he understands.
Then go down the left path with anyone else that is also going that way.
Dash down the left path with reckless abandon

(Initiative for this sort of thing is dexterity-based. Other times, it might be perception-based. Also, for this turn, I'm also using the same rolls for movement. I may change this later, but it makes sense and means much less rolling.)

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Cromwell applies poison to his weapon, then easily keeps pace behind Merc, who takes a while to get up to full speed.
Alexandria runs off quite a distance down the left tunnel. The tunnel has quite a few mushrooms.
Squidgel runs down the left path, and Lyle quickly follows.
Orste plans to scare Kyle, but the later runs off before he can do so.

Use one of my ropes to descend the sloped cave.
If we agree NOT to kill each other and cooperate for a moment, go down the rope path.

(Placing ropes is dexterity, as is climbing them. Both actions gain bonuses for being easy.

(Kerry: 5 + 2 + 2 = 9)You beautifully throw that rope down, and anchor it onto a rock. Poetry in motion. If there were any judges, they'd give you an 11/10.
(Matt: 2 + 2 = 4)You descend partway down the rope.
(Orste: Stupidity + Obliviousness = Auto-Success)You manage to climb partway down the rope. (What edit? No edit here, that's for sure.)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greenstarfanatic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: squidgen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: dewboy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Coolrune206 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sentient Bowtie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:09:55 pm by Elephant Parade »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »

Rush further down the path, looking for anything.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2013, 07:23:11 pm »

Stop for a second and take my knife out of my backpack. Clench it in my teeth and continue descending.

((Might as well be ready for whatever's at the bottom of this))

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

squidgen

• Bay Watcher
  • [INKING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2013, 07:48:45 pm »

Continue running down the path, looking for anything sparkly

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2013, 08:04:49 pm »

Um.

Go down the rope-requiring path, like I said I would last turn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2013, 08:07:44 pm »

Um.

This.

Also, my character's spoilerbox is missing from the last post.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2013, 08:07:54 pm »

Um.

OOPS.

Retcon powers activated.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:10:43 pm by Elephant Parade »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15