Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see added to Dark Ages next?

Alchemy Systems
More Workshops
More Adventure Crafting
Mithreal Metal
Other

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: << DF: Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [Old Version]  (Read 30693 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 2]
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 11:26:21 pm »

Those lesser wendigos are the ones from Direforged? If so, they can cause bugs in Legend mode. I thought I had added a bug note to them in the manual, but I see I didn't.

Very glad to meet you! Your mod and documentation are epic.

Thanks for the warning. I mostly use Legend Viewer so I haven't encountered any crashing yet. I did make fairly big changes to your Noctis creatures, because they weren't appearing in my world gens. I didn't mess with Wendigo curses that I recall, other than to increase them.

Could the bug be related to them not existing in world gen? They appear to be a thriving population in my worlds.
I'm not aware of any other bugs with the wendigos. I'm pretty sure it's Legends mode only.

I'm not really sure why my night creatures wouldn't appear, but it's possible that, as is, they are simply weak and die out before they can reproduce, something that I'm still struggling with. Well, the coral maidens and duskblooms. The dark masters simply don't reproduce, and just go take over goblins, and the wendigos are terrorizing the worlds nicely enough.

To be clear, they never appeared when I just dropped them into my world gens. Fear of the Night mods/settings may conflict in some way. I ended up making significant additions and incremental buffs to Lesser Wendigo, Wendigo, Dark Masters, Coral Maidens, and Duskblooms. I added in Void Hulks as a kind of Dark Master cousin.

Dark Masters are possibly the apex monster in this mod. Coral Maidens and Duskblooms seldom become historic but do sometimes lead interesting lives.  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:29:42 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 01:59:36 am »

If you want, I'll gladly test Adventure Mode for you.
I'm not interested in the Fortress Mode but I've got many many hours in Adventure Mode and I'll gladly contribute if you want to made a good Adventure Mode mod.
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 01:55:58 pm »

Well, all I'm saying is that I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't appear at all. Actually, they might get culled from world gen if they don't add anything. I doubt Fear the Night is doing anything that's incompatible.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 09:05:25 pm »

If you want, I'll gladly test Adventure Mode for you.
I'm not interested in the Fortress Mode but I've got many many hours in Adventure Mode and I'll gladly contribute if you want to made a good Adventure Mode mod.

Perfect. Back when this started my whole point was to make Adventure Mode as epic and unpredictable as possible. There are two new playable races: Nymph and Legendary Dwarf

If you are in a fey mood, message me a good way to reach you. Otherwise I will just message you here as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:14:12 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 09:13:22 pm »

Well, all I'm saying is that I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't appear at all. Actually, they might get culled from world gen if they don't add anything. I doubt Fear the Night is doing anything that's incompatible.

I've been modding DF for about 90-days, so I trust your assessment over my own. Legend Viewer shows even the dead populations, so I at least expected to see them there. I ended up making them outdoor populations. Now they appear aplenty.

I read somewhere that people remove creatures from vanilla "to make room" for new creatures. No idea if that is a clue or red herring, because I never removed any.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:15:42 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 4]
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 06:05:48 pm »

I might be blind, but I cant find the download anywhere.  ???
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 12:34:16 pm »

I'm 90% sure it hasn't been released yet.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »

I might be blind, but I cant find the download anywhere.  ???

Knight Otu is correct. As of right now, I'm holding off for the next version of Dwarf Fortress to update and release this mod. It was made from the start to head in the direction Toady One is going. As far as dense civilization and historical richness goes.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:49:43 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 6]
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 08:46:29 pm »

Added the following new stuff:

-Abyss Hydra - terror incarnate.
-Greater Werewolves -powerful wild werewolves from birth
-Master Vampire - enhanced and more common
-Monster Weaknesses - won't say too much about this.  ;)

1.13GB of Legends: Ashitar, The Wondrous Land - Year 850: http://dwarf-fortress-numthur.blogspot.com/2014/01/vampires-werewolves-and-medium-worlds.html

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 6]
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 06:30:55 pm »

Just noticed my name in the credits there for making an 'aboleth'. I don't even remember making that :o ???

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: << Dark Towers / DF: Dark Age >> - Vanilla + Horror [In Progress: 7]
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »

Just noticed my name in the credits there for making an 'aboleth'. I don't even remember making that :o ???

Great to meet you. :) Your timing is strangely perfect. I just started detailing them further and building a fairly complex Aboleth civilization: http://dwarf-fortress-numthur.blogspot.com/2014/02/oceanic-horror-civilization-trade-routes.html

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 02:53:28 pm »

Uh-huh. Well, seeing as I've been quite inactive since september, and am very busy I doubt I could do much to help you with that :) Goodluck none the less.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:25 pm »

I'll throw my own ptw here, and offer my own services as a pre-release tester if you still want them. This sounds incredible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 06:55:55 pm »

And another question from me as well: How did you get that many towers? Just ramp up the number of secrets in worldgen? (+ a long history)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6