Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 97219 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge Community Mountainhome!
« Reply #570 on: June 24, 2014, 06:24:55 pm »

Contributions updated, quite a nice little entry there Dreamerghost! Got another fort too if you're interested, known as Riverrun (doesn't mean Carryscar is being left to rot though.)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 24, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »

Wadabout Angel Abbey Splint?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 24, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »

Wadabout Angel Abbey Splint?

I hop on it every now and again and plug along with it, but updates for that will be abysmally slow at best. Actually, scratch that. Since we're not under constant threat like I was expecting - I was expecting to be attacked by pit slaves fairly often since that always happened before - and I keep forgetting what I planned to do with what where I may just drop it. It had much potential but so do many other things that go horribly wrong or fizzle out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 24, 2014, 07:45:56 pm »

Allright, well, can we get a new one of it then?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 25, 2014, 04:14:06 am »

Here, in caves, the day/night cycle does not really matter - it's always dark, cold, humid, and the danger roams nearby. Freetown chose the hard path, but it doesn't mean we have to roll in a ball like armadillo and give up struggling. We must fight, for the brighter future of our citizens and the dwarvenkind itself.

Shorast and I were strolling along the main tunnel, admiring humble workshops and engravings. Shorast was a trapper, and he volunteered to take command of our new squad, the Troglodytes. I know, the name sounds humiliating, but there's no way we could arm a militia without asking the current militia commander. Anyway, three speardwarves are now guarding Freetown, and it is good indeed.

"So, how was your day, sergeant?"

"It's been fine... Finally got my spear from the forges." He showed me a spear with a slight red tint.

"Have you heard about sald blob incident?"

"Yeah. It's said that Freetowners were somehow involved... Someone basically framed us." Shorast frowned.

Alright, Shorast, I have to go now. Stay sharp, the spies might try to get in.

Selore was alredy standing near the gates, wrapped in Splint's checkered blancet. She was holding a small scroll.

Hello there, kid. Did you bring it?

We exchanged looks. She handed the scroll over to me and than ran away without saying a single word.

The silent mysterious assasin was already drawing the string. I heard it and dodged. The bolt hit the wall with a loud clang.

"Shorast! Help me!" I screamed and rased my crossbow, taking cover behind one of the statues. The sergeant appeared in the doorway, but the assasin has already fled. I went searching for the bolt and soon found one bearing a strange sign.

It was the Bugbats insignia. Why would an assasin use encrusted ammo for his business? It seems that someone is really willing to set Carryscar and Freetown on each other...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:16:34 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2014, 09:15:09 pm »

Alright, well, can we get a new one of it then?

If you meant a new Angel Abbey update I'm afraid not. I've decided to put that one out to pasture. Blame the enemies for not attacking like I thought they would.

I think I got all the community contributions up to date, if anyone wants to poke around and check for me, that'd be great. I also may make an update for good ol' Carryscar tomorrow or the day after, not sure which. If anybody wants a new third Splintfort running for shits and giggles, let me know via PM. I do tend to clog the front page of this board somewhat though, much as I don't mean to.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2014, 09:32:30 pm »

Meant a new series of the same mod.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2014, 09:33:25 pm »

Meant a new series of the same mod.

Ah, well, to be perfectly honest I haven't had much interest in it as of late, if the lack of updates wasn't enough of a hint.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2014, 09:37:09 pm »

Ah well.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 27, 2014, 01:24:43 am »

Just got done reading this entire thread. Damnit Splint, you are too good of a story teller. I want more  :P

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 28, 2014, 02:53:21 pm »

((I won't be able to write anything up for a bit, so you people feel free to 'borrow' my character in my absence. JUST DON'T DESTROY HIS PERSONALITY!

Feel free to kill him off, though. I have a contingency plan. Ish.))
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 28, 2014, 03:16:26 pm »

The chances of Talonis dying are pretty low man. Unless of course the ultimate act of sabotage occurs.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 28, 2014, 08:33:43 pm »

This double post is extremely important. I have decided we can do one of two things: Stay the course (standard update,) or have the next update consist of the ultimate act of sabotage and that only. Work will continue, but the update will only consist of the main event.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If we go this path know this: There is a very real chance the fort will be destroyed by this subversive action and many will go mad with grief and anguish. The King and his Guard may end up the sole survivors as a result since they currently have the fewest relations. All will rest upon our soldiers for victory, and many warriors thought unkillable will likely meet their maker.

The poll has been changed. Make your choice, Carryscar.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 01, 2014, 11:26:47 am »

pool seems rather one sided at the moment  :P
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 01, 2014, 05:17:26 pm »

Yeah, it is, but in a sense I saw that coming. The fort's mostly stable and safe and that's not good for audience amusement.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41