Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 97384 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game, almost ready!
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2013, 03:13:33 pm »

Allrighty.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 01:02:29 pm »

Ok, guys, we've embarked and guess what? We get to kill a megabeast!.... What sound does a crab make...

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »

Ok, guys, we've embarked and guess what? We get to kill a megabeast!.... What sound does a crab make...
...when there is nobody around to hear...
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 03:00:20 pm »

None, as they just go "klick click" with there claws. they do not vocalize, as apposed to foxes which happen to sound like dogs or cats. They yip, bark, mew and whine.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:41 pm »

Apparently hermit crabs can make some kind of croaking noise somehow so I'll go with that.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 03:02:22 pm »

Really? How odd. I have never heard that.

To the coraking frog!
Croaking even!
Highly Opinionated Fool

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2013, 01:10:29 am »

I'll want a dwarf.
Any male non-hauler will do.
Name: Dreamer
Bonus points for a dwarf alternating between military and non-military professions.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2013, 01:30:33 am »

hey splint, new fort sounds intresting,

i would like to be dwarfed if possible, either a millitary dwarf or a miner, preference to be male please (but knowing these forums ima end up with a gener fconfused dwarf im betting).

here's to keeping the fort alive (raises a mug to your honor)...hmm maybe we can use the bees as a defense? make a wall, and then several small indents to put the hives in, (the caravan depot would be in a diffrent spot) and make that our main entrence besides the caravan season, which would be heavily trapped and of course in its own seperate area...just in case...

maybe make a tower or two with a walkway connecting them so our marks-dwarves can shoot at invading hob/goblins when they try to seige us! and eventually the elves and humans.

heres to hoping we get a catapult...wait...catapult...if i cant have a miner make me a seige operator!!!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2013, 07:09:03 pm »

Sure thing, Chaos. Welcome to the soon-to-be madhouse!

Sorry I haven't provided the initial update guys, I'm kind of on a New Vegas binge at the moment (found some mods, gun, quest, and otherwise... Kinda got carried away...)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2013, 10:41:13 pm »

awsome,

was just wondering for spearbreakers 2, can we use a tunnel system for the trade depot? (make a tunnel to where our trading will be done instead of going overland...much safer that way! plus we can lockdown whenever hobgoblins and the eventuall pissing the humans/elves off commences) and when we get a strong army, we name one in honor of fischer...and train them all to be super badasses, plus we send the cannon-fodder dwarves against the FB's....if they spew gas, or such...no heros..if not then hell yeah! also if we can get spiders we might be able to capture megabeasts!

heres to hoping we get dragons! train em as gaurds for the fort's main hallway! at east 5x5 + sign, north is the big very decorative dinning hall, the east will be for the workshops, west for the supply area, south would be to the rooming area. of course nobles will want copper decorated rooms and the BIG nobles-aka you! get the silverplated and if we ever get a monarch to live here, gold plated room with own personal tomb...also reminds me, a second small - would be for tombs on either side, west is commoners and east nobles/millitary.

meh when i get ideas i tend to write/type them down...in my head the beginning fort would look awsome depending on the surface.

<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2013, 11:07:19 pm »

I'm not all that fond of tunnel systems. That promotes cave adaptation which inhibits general fighting ability of the militia when they have to fight outside them for whatever reason. Plus I find it a waste/needless digging when it's just a matter of time and materials to build a safe depot area, both of which we should have in ample supply.

Also Chaos, please proofread what you type. That was actually a little difficult to understand fully.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2013, 12:38:08 am »

sorry

i tend to type to fast when ideas start forming in my head. kinda the reason why i lost my frist two forts, got overcreative.

Still can we have a seige weapon site then if we have to be above ground? and a ground zero where we can bombard the goblin scum before we send out our millita to deal with them? Other then that i apologize for my lack of proofreading. all i can hope for now is that we get some update going on and itll be epic start! (that or just the same average OH-SHIT-DIG-DOWN-NOW! stuff that happens all the time on DF)

also whats the general rules on this fort? danger room a-go if things get to dicy and not epic enough? or is the kindergarden okayed as well?

good luck splint.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2013, 12:51:25 am »

Due to my accidentally giving Firecrazy too much in butchery, we only have two guys ready to fight the colossal cave crab (A megabeast) that lives in the vicinity  of the cave we embarked on.We have one light hammer (Thor's work hammer) and Splint's crap iron shortsword to fight that thing with. Plus we'll need to dig emergency food storage for all the meat we'll get from that thing if we kill it rather than the other way around.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2013, 02:53:21 am »

awsome...this should be !FUN!,

welp heres to this fort not dieing a painfully crabby death! the emergenc food storage should be off to the side, next to the butchery and the kitchen, also make barrels if you can, and lots of bins...should help with storing all that meat!

(a fb will keep the fort alive for a year if we keep this up! and as long as we dont have casulties)

good luck splint!

make sure to give us a full update once youve done your year!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41