Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Normal Updates or Breach adamantine without caution or preparation?

No, I want to see the fort cave in on itself naturally (may be a little boring but the fortress goes on longer.)
- 7 (26.9%)
DOITDOITDOITDOIT-ad infinitum-
- 19 (73.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civ Forge Community/Story Fortress: FINISHED  (Read 97388 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Heheheheheheh...

For my possible dwarf, could it be someone with no living relations, no gods and I dont really care what skills?
Also just a job name change instead of renaming?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

WHat is it with you and relations? Because honestly I'm gonna be making a fairly long gen (for me anyways) so "No relations" will probably be fairly difficult.

EDIT: Lost Caravan wins by a hair, so that'll influence what good we have at start.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dont like having to deal with real history.
Whatabout all dead relations?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Again, I can't guarantee that. I have genned the world and the entire first generation of dwarves is dead from old age. However we are at war with the hobgoblins, and appear to be winning so maybe your family will be dead or at least you may not be married.

I have found a suitable embark, however it isn't a swamp, it's a savage conifer forest. Is that acceptable to you guys?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Oh, fun! I always like watching these.

If you want to hold off just a little bit, I should be posting the newest version of the mod sometime later tonight.

If not, that's cool too. 2.7 is pretty stable, so far as I know.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you could include a worldgen that will promote savage swamplands with caves, that'd be great.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yah?

And thanks Splint.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you could include a worldgen that will promote savage swamplands with caves, that'd be great.

Hmm. Well, I'll look at the differences between the versions. You might not even need to gen a new world.

Looking at the files I've modified, I don't think you'll need to gen a new world for most of it. You might miss out on a few things, but the majority should show up. I'll see if I can do a test with a world from a previous version, see what shows up.

In any case, I'm off work soon so I'll see if I can get my last few tests done and package up the new version of the mod in the next few hours.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:43:20 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good to know then I guess I'll stick with what we have and get the ball rolling from there.

Fun fact, our civ has been fighting a war of attrition and winning due in part to the fact that it completely subjugated a goblin civ (we have 1500 of them to call on as soldiers apparently.)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nifty.

Still working on the release. For some reason I'm having trouble getting studying in the libraries to work. Very aggravating.
Come play Mafia with us!

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized that assigning butchering to a hunter might not be the best idea. The hunter almost never goes to butcher the corpse, from what I have seen. Well, I don't think butchering goes well in the first place with animal training/caretaking, so yeah..

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well boys and girls, I'm getting things going. New poll is up reflecting what we have for embark workers.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We don't have any farmers or brewers but we could wait for migrants to come I think.. As long as we don't die from thirst first..

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I need to regen the world. The cave I selected was one of those screwy ones with no cave but some cave critters there.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ozkakurrith "Carryscar," A Civilization Forge community game, almost ready!
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 01:17:01 am »

Alright guys, the new Civilization Forge is out so tomorrow I'll be regenning the world. Sorry about the delays.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41