Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Famous dwarven last words  (Read 6502 times)

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Famous dwarven last words
« on: October 25, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »

I wonder what my miner said when i breached the magma wall...well i think nothing because his face got melted but, what do you think? What would a dwarf say if he dies in a typical dwarfie way like magma to the face or gobbobolt in the face or trousers in the face?
I'll start:
"Oh come on guys their just Elves, they use wooden spears, wooden swords, wooden armour, wooden bow-*headshoot*" Dodok Kerligurdim, the second leader of The Ropes of Sacrificing. About his opinion on the elven military.
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.
I jumped off a ramp in a cave and exploded.

Skorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Famous dwarven last words
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 04:24:20 pm »

Urist McHauler "A dwarf has been killed by a giant cave spider? I guess I'll run to the web to get his items quickly, the spider is probably gone"
"I'M NOT DONE WITH THE GORY PULP THAT IS YOUR EYES! I WILL ERASE THE VAGUE IMPRESSION THAT YOU WERE EVER ABLE TO SEE AT ALL! FORGET THE VITAL ORGANS, BLINDING THE BLINDED AS I BLIND BLIND PEOPLE IS ALL THAT MATTERS!"

-Urist McMason, enraged at having found a Gecko Man in his fortress.
Urist McMason likes Gecko Man Eyes.

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:39 pm »

"MY SOOOOOOCK!" - Urist Ablel, Catten Kelam, Ducim Abanducim, Lorbam Fikodtomus, Tobul Mesirisgun, Atis Kibetas...
This thread is why I love dwarf fortress. We start at engravings of wagons and end up using necromancy to raise them from the dead, and were-wagons.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:02 pm »

"It's us three against that one stupid skeletal tiger. We can totally take it!" - Sergeant Urist McBadleader to his subordinates. (and how I lost one of my few evil embarks. I really thought they'd win...)

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 06:28:15 pm »

"9 of them. 9 blasted scenes of me and that damnable hamster what spooked me at least four seasons ago. The mayor does not listen to my complaints about them any longer, but still I must stare at them or nothing else until this flesh stops rotting from under my leathers. The stench is the worst I have yet to smell, and the clumsy oaf who changes my bandages seems like he never has done it before myself. Twice now I have been bathed in his vomit before being bathed in filthy river water. I could bear this, and the soap filled with grit from the yak suet they used, and the creeky bed made of cactus, and the sorrow from losing my noble mutt who fell trying to save me from that beast... if not for this hospital's decor. You slay two score heads of goblin and troll and no one remembers. One squeek leave your lips at the sight of a rodent, and that is memorialized forever."

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:38 pm »

"F*CK!!!"
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 01:27:32 am »

"SOMEONE CLOSE THE GATES"
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

rellik242

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:41:57 am »

Urist McOverSeer "Yeah guys. Stick the booze stock pile right next to the magma smelters. What could possibly go wrong?"
Morul Idenigath, Recruit cancels starting Fist Fight: Target inaccessible.

Merendel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 04:54:49 am »

"I'm sure there is nothing dangerous about deconstructing this floor I'm standing on."

Also the ever favorate
"Hey Urist McMiner. go channel somewhere else, I'm standing h-"

Kumis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 05:33:13 am »

"I think I'll just go for a little walk outside for no apparent reason, after all, it's been at least a season since the last siege, I'm sure nothing bad is going to happen!" - Urist McLegendaryWeaponsmith
Dodók Medtobór,
What are you trying to hunt?
Y u no find path?

Zan Oltaridor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 05:37:36 am »

"It's us three against that one stupid skeletal tiger. We can totally take it!" - Sergeant Urist McBadleader to his subordinates. (and how I lost one of my few evil embarks. I really thought they'd win...)

Holy Mole! It's Splint! I started reading Spearbreakers a few weeks ago and i totally love it and now you are here! The best Splinter i had in my life!

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:45:45 am »

"Hey, Urist McFellMood, nice day isn't it? What are you doing with that axe?"

Not to mention the last words of every dwarf soldier ever:
"LEEEEROY JENKINS!!!"
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:47:50 am by imperium3 »
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 08:51:14 am »

"I need skeletons and leather! I need skeletons and leather! Where's the water? Stop giving me snakes!!!" --Urist McIWentStarkRavingMadBecauseWeDon'tHaveCompleteSkeletonsinSoundMoistensAndIReallyNeededOneForAStrangeMood.

He was a bloody Five Year Old!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2013, 09:19:23 am »

Holy Mole! It's Splint! I started reading Spearbreakers a few weeks ago and i totally love it and now you are here! The best Splinter i had in my life!

So... I caused you to die of infection due to lack of soap from said splinter?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 11:02:05 am »

"Oh hey, the goblins scared some cattle out of their fields! I better put them back!"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5