Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.28.181.40d] Kikrostikal, StockadeHealed, the Community game.  (Read 5718 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
[0.28.181.40d] Kikrostikal, StockadeHealed, the Community game.
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »

Hi all. I suddenly want to start a game with old 0.28 version, that brought me into DF. Anyone is up for this?

We have a newly-generated vanilla world called The Domain Of Portent, 200 years old:
Spoiler: The Domain Of Portent (click to show/hide)
and I'm ready to embark somewhere you guide me to!

So, everybody is welcome signing for turns and dorfing for start team. Also you can point us the place where to strike the earth!
EDIT: We've embarked to south-eastern volcano nex to river.

Old version can be downloded from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/older_versions.html
and also I kindly ask for some must-have patches and stuff that we probably need.

Dorfed people:
  • Peregar, Founder and fisherdwarf
  • FireCrazy, miner
  • Jovus, stoneworker
  • Proto, woodcutter

Turn list (in case someone else wants to play)(current, done, skipped, waiting):
  • Peregarrett, year 201
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:55:38 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Jovus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.28.181.40d] New Old Succession game, pre-embark stage!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:28:08 pm »

I'd love to do this, but finding and installing an old release of DF on my computer is something of a chore. (I run a very special Linux distro.)

Dorf me if this gets off the ground.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.28.181.40d] New Old Succession game, pre-embark stage!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:28:55 pm »

Dorf me as anyone.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.28.181.40d] Embark!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 12:19:25 pm »

No one volunteered fo turn, but I'm starting anyway. Lets tun this into community game.

Chapter 1. Embark.

They called for 7 brave dwarves and they got them. King and others spoke their speeches, but that's what they usually do for every group that they send into wilderness. Most useful was the report of Royal Geology Society:

The volcano, the brook and the mountain face. This place can provide a lot of opportunities, if you know what I mean.
We spur our donkey and set off. And after long and dull travel wi finally arrived.

I dub this place StockadeHealed! The first words that come to my mind, actually.

There's fire imp hissing is heard from volcano. Better keep away from it, for now.
Unload the wagon, dig into mountain cheek, and I'f off to develop what we do next!

By the end of Granite FireCrazy, our miner, dug out the primary quaters - that is main hall, dining room and dormitory. it's qute deep inside the mountain so we feel safe there.
Jovus made a few felsite doors and is working on tables and thrones.
Woodworkers clear-cut the area around our wagon and made beds and barrels.
And I caught a few pond turtles and developed new plans. Also, I need an office and living room!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 01:05:18 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.28.181.40d] Kikrostikal, StockadeHealed, the Community game.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 01:08:09 pm »

I would like to get dorfed and sign up for a turn, is that allowed?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »

I would like to get dorfed and sign up for a turn, is that allowed?
Sure! Do you have preferences for a dorf?

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.28.181.40d] Kikrostikal, StockadeHealed, the Succession game.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 01:53:33 pm »

Nevermind about the turn, my computer doesn't like 40d... I'd like to be dorfed as your woodcutter. nickname Proto.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:02:18 pm »

Well, actually, I'll try.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:38 am »

I've tried to play 40d but it is just too slow. I'm sorry but I can't play.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 05:12:37 am »

I've tried to play 40d but it is just too slow. I'm sorry but I can't play.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 08:10:51 am »

Nevermind about the turn, my computer doesn't like 40d... I'd like to be dorfed as your woodcutter. nickname Proto.
Ok, dorfed.

Chapter 2. Inhabiting the place
FireCrazy and his apprentice Athel (she was fish cleaner and butcher, but got her mining skill up quickly) dug the farm zone and are working on storage room.

Jovus is smoothing our sleeping room and then will continue with main hall, where we build trade depot.
I'm still catching tutles and keep records of items we produce.

There's giant eagle in the sky, and a group of slugmen on the outer side of river. Maybe we should build military before it's too late?

I ordered to dig the coridor towards magma pipe, to set up the magma forges there. And then we'll dig for ore - we've found only copper so far.
Also, I'm a legendary record keeper now. No wonder as I spent last months in my office keeping records for everything. My head is full of numbers like the pond of fish.

By the end of Galena we've dug the room for forges and sewern beneath them. And found garnerite vein there, so the date of magma filling was delayed - we had to store the ore outside the sewers. But finally we pinched the wall into magma pipe and it floods the sewers.

And there came dwarven caravan along with liaison. His presence in my room was so annoying that I decided hold on my records and listen what he wants. Actually, I'd rather go fishing, but when I tried to squeeze outside o the pond, the liaison followed me, so I had no choise but listen him. And also I negotiated with merchants, taking their metal bars, meat, a few weapons, and bags fro a load of stone mugs.

And we lost our steel axe - that must be thieves who followed merchants all along the way. Ugly bastards!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:29:34 pm by peregarrett »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 05:28:26 pm »

Requesting dorfing as anyone.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:34 am »

Requesting dorfing as anyone.
Dorfed, you're leader of the squad - 3 unskilled recruits with obsidian swords, of new migrant group
Spoiler: Maskwolf (click to show/hide)
Also, Proto:
Spoiler: Proto (click to show/hide)

After merchants left we got a group of 9 migrants. Mostly useless profession 0 peasants, lye makers, woodcrafters... Ok, peasants join the military while others getto learn some useful jobs.
While they process all ore we found so far (nickel and copper only) we do exploration mining. Still haven't found anything but microcline clusters, but we won't give up.

Found gold and platinum veins! Hooray! But only copper for weapons and armor.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 12:06:39 pm »

and also I kindly ask for some must-have patches and stuff that we probably need.
I don't have any patches for 40d, but I do have DFHack-40d which includes most of the stuff in DFHack-0.34.11-r3 (including Manipulator for labor management). Do note, though, that it only works with plain 0.28.181.40d, not any of the OpenGL/SDL optimized versions that had been posted on the forums (e.g. 40d19). If you're interested, I can make an updated build and upload it somewhere.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 01:04:15 pm »

I don't have any patches for 40d, but I do have DFHack-40d which includes most of the stuff in DFHack-0.34.11-r3 (including Manipulator for labor management). Do note, though, that it only works with plain 0.28.181.40d, not any of the OpenGL/SDL optimized versions that had been posted on the forums (e.g. 40d19). If you're interested, I can make an updated build and upload it somewhere.
That would be good, my version is from "Previous versions" page of bay12, so I think it's plain 40d one.

Speaking of fortress:

We were ambushed by group of elves. All our military (3 sworddwarves with obsidian swords and auxillary squad armed with whatever we bouhgt from caravan pushed them hard, but failed. We lost Jovus, Proto, Peregar who fought like crazy and held them for quite long with his bronze spear... But finally they made into fortress and the massacre began. Elves chased everyone and no one fought back... till our miners returned from deep mines. They clashed with enemies and killed quite a lot. And there came group of migrants, who grouped and attacked them from behind! We were victorious and a few elves managed to run away. But losses are quite big.
Pages: [1] 2 3