Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: High schoolers' UTTERLY SCIENTIFIC survey (I screwed up, try again)  (Read 5450 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right now I'm in an AP Gov/Econ class in high school, and we have a project to conduct an anonymous survey. If anybody here interested in politics would be willing to take a minute to answer five multiple choice and a few one word/sentence questions, you have no idea how much I'd appreciate it.

Sorry if this is demanding or pestering or anything... My group got half the surveys we needed done by driving to a nearby mall and, over the course of two and a half hours, asking strangers to fill out the survey.

It was painful. Mall people are mean. O_O
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:47:32 am by Araph »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: High schoolers' UTTERLY SCIENTIFIC survey on government
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:38:51 pm »

well you got a stupid canadian to do the thing

i don't even know your senators how am i supposed to say anything about america
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »

well you got a stupid canadian to do the thing

i don't even know your senators how am i supposed to say anything about america

I can say with reasonable certainty that you'll do better than several of the native Californians who answered the survey at the mall.

And thanks for filling it out. :) I really appreciate it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »

Your survey needs more ambivalent choices, namely for what we think of women/minority presidential candidates. Also, you've got a state-centric question. Something tells me that you should be looking for more local responses?

Anyways, I took it. You got a Tennessean to look up the senators from California, well done.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »

What Pyro said, I took it and am a native Connecticutian!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »

I also derped on the California question, but in retrospect, I probably should've just answered as though it were Colorado.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:52 pm »

+1 to the notion that some of the multiple choice questions needed another neutral answer. Specifically, questions 3 and 4 need a neutral answer. Question 2 could have benefited from an aditional in-between answer, as well.

Also, I had to look up the California senators. But I'm from Virginia, and I can't be expected to know all the senators, can I?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 08:20:58 pm by Lagslayer »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »

Thanks for taking the survey, everyone! And yeah, there really should be more neutrals, but the questions were taken from a list given to the class, which, of course, led to pointlessly polarizing and leading questions. Also, I find it hilarious how skewed the results will be in favor of Bay12. I think two of the twenty five people surveyed at the mall were able to name both senators, so congrats! Bay12 is going to look way smarter than everyone else! :P

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »

I knew Diane Feinstein. Also knew Speaker of the House being 2nd in line after the VP. Followed by the President Pro Tempore, or very simply the longest serving member of the Senate's currently serving majority party. I know this because a 84-yr old takes over the US should the top 3 die. Looking over the charts now, it amuses me that eventually the Secretary of Veteran's Affairs is tapped for the job.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 08:34:19 pm »

Oh... I um... I guessed "California Bob and Joe Dimaggio" for the senators.

I'm in Virginia, alright!?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 08:41:31 pm »

I said Secretary of State for succession, and Nancy Pelosi and Barbra Boxer for the Senators. They are, in fact, Representatives. Damn it, I live in California! I should know this.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 08:43:36 pm »

I'd be curious what your results turn out to be.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »

I said Secretary of State for succession, and Nancy Pelosi and Barbra Boxer for the Senators. They are, in fact, Representatives. Damn it, I live in California! I should know this.
Barbara Boxer has been the Junior Senator of California since 1993. The other is Diane Feinstein, most notably the chair of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »

Barbara Boxer has been the Junior Senator of California since 1993. The other is Diane Feinstein, most notably the chair of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Wait, I was half right? YES.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 09:16:23 pm »

I knew Diane Feinstein. Also knew Speaker of the House being 2nd in line after the VP. Followed by the President Pro Tempore, or very simply the longest serving member of the Senate's currently serving majority party. I know this because a 84-yr old takes over the US should the top 3 die. Looking over the charts now, it amuses me that eventually the Secretary of Veteran's Affairs is tapped for the job.
As is, terrifyingly, the Secretary of HomeSec. Fortunately, a very large number of well protected people would have to all die in a very short time frame for that to happen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5