Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96

Author Topic: Goblins: So How Hard Are You? (Makes sense in context)  (Read 150773 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins: [OMINOUS VAGUERY]
« Reply #1020 on: August 07, 2017, 04:41:27 pm »

The hammer awaits.
I dunno.

According to the flea demon earlier, there is a Hammer of Prissan, designed to imprison good and be wielded by pure evil. Fairly certain this is the hammer in question. Assuming that the Staff of Notangle can shatter that prison just like it did the Axe, the hammer awaiting is a pretty good thing.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 07, 2017, 05:00:36 pm »

The hammer awaits.
I dunno.

According to the flea demon earlier, there is a Hammer of Prissan, designed to imprison good and be wielded by pure evil. Fairly certain this is the hammer in question. Assuming that the Staff of Notangle can shatter that prison just like it did the Axe, the hammer awaiting is a pretty good thing.

I don't think the Staff of Notangle is itself responsible for the axe shattering, and it frees the wielder, not whatever is inside what contacts it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 07, 2017, 05:51:43 pm »

The levels are gained outside of time.
Not too much of a fourth wall break, as people in this universe already seem to be aware of character classes and such.

It makes me think of that dungeon thing Minmax and Dwarfguy  was in together with the snekchick. Iirc it existed outside of time.
Love, scriver~

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 09, 2017, 08:57:40 am »

She saw but misunderstood, the name is not right.
Likely refers to Saves a Fox and her personal quest to avoid her name's fate.

Death of a goblin, death of a god.
Guessing this refers to the events surrounding Duv, the goblin that wanted to ascend to godhood.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 09, 2017, 11:50:29 am »

I just realised I have basically no memory of what is going on with Dies after some time after he entered that dungeon with Fox and that Lizardguy. I remember the fingerbeast and Lizardguy biting the bolt but not much more. Did that thread ever conclude before we switched back to the other gobbos or are they still hanging out in there?
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 09, 2017, 06:02:40 pm »

Yeah, that plotline has moved along quite a bit. Dies and Saves a Fox got to the bottom of the dungeon, and found an ogre being tortured by demons who own its soul. Dies Horribly decides it's time to live up to his name, so he sells his soul to a demon hoping that Saves can get out with the orb that the demons are guarding. The demon kills dies to claim his soul, but it also claims a soul in Dies' metal arm (which we were explicitly told shouldn't have a soul of its own), and the demon is banished for breaking its own agreement. Dies is brought back to life, and he, Klik, and Saves defeat the demons with the help of the now-freed ogre. Dies' arm takes over his body for a part of the fight - it is both very dangerous and very rude.

They escape the dungeon find the Viper Clan waiting for them. The Vipers lead the ogre away, claiming they're letting him leave. He sees this is a trap, but still can't avoid the monster they lead him to, a huge switchbeast. Meanwhile, the Vipers prepare a ritual for Dies, Saves, and their other goblin captives. Duv, the Viper leader, offers to make each goblin the chief of their clan so they can unite the clans under Viper rule. Dies and Saves refuse her offer, and Duv orders them to be killed.

The ogre sneaks back into the Viper camp, having escaped from the switchbeast alive but wounded, and steals some healing potions. Then he heads into the middle of the Viper camp, where they're about to kill Dies and Saves, and starts killing Viper goblins. Then the switchbeast finds the camp, presumably having followed the ogre, and chaos ensues. In the conflict, Duv and Saves a Fox are both knocked off a cliff, with the orb from the dungeon. Duv slows her descent with her wing, and Klik grabs Saves just before she hits the ground. Klik changes into a staff and Saves uses him to fight Duv.

Back on the cliff, Duv's son Grem walks out of the dungeon, where Dies and Saves left him for dead. He immediately attacks the ogre who is slaughtering his clanmates by the dozen. The ogre is stronger, but Grem has a finger from the finger horror, and manages to infect the ogre's foot with the gross melting body thing. The rest of the Vipers rush to defend Grem from the ogre and, down a foot, there's no way he can beat them all. So he amputates his leg at the knee to stop the infection from spreading, stuffs the rest of the stolen healing potions into his mouth, chews a few up to heal himself, and jumps off the cliff.

Nearby, the goblin captives have decided that they need to kill Dies or Duv will kill them all when she gets back. They start beating him, but his arm takes over again and kills them sadistically. The green metal starts covering more of Dies' body, and it steps over to the cliff face to search for Saves below. Dies senses that it wants to hurt her, and manages to regain control of his body for just long enough to amputate his arm.

Back down the cliff, Saves is losing her fight and about to die when the ogre lands on Duv. He gives Saves a potion, she heals, takes the orb, and runs off to find Dies. The ogre finds Duv, picks her up, and decides to lecture her about all the death she's caused. He decides the best solution is for her to give up on her obsession to restore her lost wing, so he rips off her remaining wing and walks away.

Back up the cliff, Dies' arm has turned into an evil green demon Klik. It starts to attack Dies, but Klik flies up the mountain and starts fighting it. Saves finds Dies bleeding on the ground and shoves the orb at his wound, figuring that if it can help restore wings, it can help restore arms. It works, and Dies now has a green glowy magic limb. He watches the green Klik that used to be his arm throw Klik into a pool of blood, which corrodes it. Dies charges in to save Klik, and discovers that the evil green Klik is corroded by his new arm. It jumps off the cliff to escape. Dies rushes over to Klik, who is now almost completely corroded, and can do nothing but hold Klik in his arms as it crumbles to dust.

I don't think we've seen Dies since then, and that was in 2012. Pretty understandable if you've forgotten some or most of that. Hopefully we'll get back to him soon. Forgath seems like he might meet up with Dies at some point, since he's like 60% klik body parts now and is hunting another evil klik.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 10, 2017, 01:12:22 am »

Might want to spoiler that a bit. I also could have sworn the ogre was actually an orc, but its hard to tell with the art style.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 10, 2017, 04:38:47 am »

It is a beautiful day.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 10, 2017, 05:33:24 am »

When the serpent becomes his prey, friends become enemies, and love will fuel hate.
Note that Kickaxo's eyes stopped glowing when he said this. The meaning should be pretty clear, and suitably grim.
Godamnit. Godamnit. Just. Godamnit. I really hope that the twist this time is that nothing terrible happens to max and he lives happily forever after. But knowing this comic, I really doubt it.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 10, 2017, 06:45:35 am »

Thanks gir the memory waker, penguin, I appreciate it. Also fuck it, 2012? How could it be so long ago. Where the fuck does time
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:31 am »

Update, good times with Forgath & friends.

And yeah, thanks for that recap, honorable penguin!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 31, 2017, 08:50:22 am »

Hah, and there is the dwarf. Nice to see you Mr F.
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins: 'bout tree fiddy
« Reply #1032 on: August 31, 2017, 12:14:11 pm »

I check this comic every day looking for updates, it figures that it only happens when I'm asleep.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 31, 2017, 12:20:35 pm »

I'm glad you are!  Such an unpredictable schedule, I'm just glad people do still care.
I'm conflictingly happy to see this group again.  I like Forgath a lot, and I like "his" new friends too.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 31, 2017, 12:32:51 pm »

Yeah, it's good to see Forgath again, and hey it gives his friends time to develop as characters too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 96