Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24928 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 18: Rollin']
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2013, 09:21:29 pm »

Turn 19: Advantage

Head to the center. Pass the time by asking a priest what god they worship.
[2] The current priest on duty at the shrine appears to be a Bakerling. He tells you the glories of Cheesecake, his race's patron deity. Cheesecake is an eldritch and unknowable god, prone to misunderstanding our world somewhat. Still, his intentions are benign and his power is without question.

well that's informative!
in two ways yes.
disarm her in any ways necessary, apart from killing or maiming.
[4] vs [1] You manage to trip her and then pin her to the floor. She can't get a good angle on her knives, and she isn't strong enough to buck his weight.

You don't quite manage to actually get her knives away from her, though she's been reduced to pointless struggling and cursing.

"Hm. I don't have that much right now..."

Increase bid on skull to 6 gold. Start heading for the battlefield.
You put another 4 Gold Coins down for the skull and return to the Center.

Quote from: Aut0-Dwarm
To battle!
With your reinforcements here to challenge the Murmurs, you join up with the troops again.

Battle
Both armies move to M3
[4] vs [1], Murmurs win!
Guards take 9 damage, lose 1 Suntouched Warriors, 2 Infantry; Infantry takes 1 damage
Fervor deals 1 damage to Protector Novice, Protector Novice regens 1 hp
+7 XP: Nepthym, Shinja
+7 Gold Coins: Shinja

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 19: Advantage]
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »

yay! Nothing bad happened!
she still want to kill us, you know.
"look, please calm down here, I'm not here to kill you and I like having my organs inside my body thank you very much, so can you please calm down?! I just want your dagger, you are free to keep it if you don't want it taken but I must point out that your blade is a needed object."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2013, 10:49:42 pm »

Head to M3. (Or the Plains, if you won't give me another little square of movement.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 18: Rollin']
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2013, 10:24:22 am »

((Scapheap, this quest is folly. Abandon it and take Shinja's place at the battlefield.))

Enter city. Retrieve money and see if anybody has a ring of Regen I.
Shinja: Get +2 attack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2013, 08:19:27 pm »

Turn 20: Avalanche

yay! Nothing bad happened!
she still want to kill us, you know.
"look, please calm down here, I'm not here to kill you and I like having my organs inside my body thank you very much, so can you please calm down?! I just want your dagger, you are free to keep it if you don't want it taken but I must point out that your blade is a needed object."
[5] She calms down, shrugs you off her, and gets back to her feet.

"Tch. If you need a blade that badly, take it," she says with a sneer, tossing her knife to (maybe a little at) you.

"You could be dangerous if you weren't such a twit."

+Bru's Blade [This dagger looks fairly ordinary]

Head to M3. (Or the Plains, if you won't give me another little square of movement.)
((Another? I gave you like four already! :P))

You head to the Plains.

((Scapheap, this quest is folly. Abandon it and take Shinja's place at the battlefield.))

Enter city. Retrieve money and see if anybody has a ring of Regen I.
Shinja: Get +2 attack.

The Bakerlings are very particular about bids- they may only be retrieved once the auction ends. Your efforts to point out that they're ending any minute now are met with tut-tuts about the rules.

[3] For 2 Gold Coins, the Finder could look into it.

Shinja bulks up and hones his blades.

Retreat!
Faced with being overwhelmed, you pull back to the Plains.

Battle
-R
[6] vs [4], Murmurs win!
Guards take 15 damage, lose 1 infantry
+2 XP, Gold: Shinja
Guard army destroyed, reinforcements at C0

Auction House
Kaybull wins the bid at 6 Gold Coins. He may collect his skull at any time.

Next up is Vajinu's Teeth. These long, thin fangs are carried in a little pouch, and fill their bearer with a sort of battle hunger.

[Turn 25] Vajinu's Teeth [Vajinu's Relic: Gain +1 Vampirism for each Vajinu's Relic carried. Vampirism X: Recover X health on your army successfully dealing damage to an enemy.]

Trading Post
With no further attempts at currying their favor present, the Techwitches at the Trading Post declare their intentions to accept the Murmurs' offer, albeit somewhat grudgingly. They intend to travel to their new home as soon as the way is cleared of Guard troops.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 20: Avalanche]
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2013, 08:32:52 pm »

shes a good fighter, i must say.
mmm, true, we could use her...
(before i put my action in, can i have her as an ally or something?)
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 28, 2013, 08:39:04 pm »

Grumble about the policies of the Auction House. Join the battle.

I should be able to spend two turns in battle, then two more heading back, and still be back in time to bid on the teeth, right?

"Huh. That is a lot of Mumblers. Where'd all the Guardians go? Stupid idiots, running or deserting or not existing. Or dying. Because of lack of forces. Well, not dying is the better part of valor, and the murkyfig isn't exactly going to help me much..."
Head back to the Center. Also wonder if there are non-costly ways to restore HP.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:14:56 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »

shes a good fighter, i must say.
mmm, true, we could use her...
(before i put my action in, can i have her as an ally or something?)
Gaining allies will generally be difficult, but is possible. By default, allies act as additional heroes under your command, though they will tend to be loathe to leave your side.

Gaining other forms of her services are also possible, but may be more or less difficult depending on what you want and how well you roll and so on. Paying her a ton of money to operate a bar would probably be easier than convincing her to join your side as a respawning minion for the righteousness of your cause, for instance.

I should be able to spend two turns in battle, then two more heading back, and still be back in time to bid on the teeth, right?
At the moment you can fight the battle from the Plains, meaning in theory you could fight for three turns, travel for one, and place your bid on arrival on the very turn the auction is ending, but before it processes.

However, you may wish to take note of the current Murmur forces in relation to your own. The penalties for dropping to 0 HP are poorly thought out and potentially unpleasant at the moment.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 28, 2013, 09:09:31 pm »

are you deciding on asking her if she wants to help us?!
yep, what of it?
she was trying to kill us just before! lets just leave and we can give the blade to the weird cloak guys.
nope, imma going to try this.
"you seem pretty good with fighting, how would you like to join a war effort?"
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 28, 2013, 09:12:24 pm »

At the moment you can fight the battle from the Plains, meaning in theory you could fight for three turns, travel for one, and place your bid on arrival on the very turn the auction is ending, but before it processes.
However, you may wish to take note of the current Murmur forces in relation to your own. The penalties for dropping to 0 HP are poorly thought out and potentially unpleasant at the moment.
...Huh. Oh my. Editing post. Please note the added snark/criticism.
Sig

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »

(Are Dutiful Protector's supposed to have Regen I or Regen II?)

Collect my gold, if I can, before heading to the center.
Gardenia: Walk to the center. If I have gold, give him 1 or 2 gold to watch a fight.

Edit: These battles are a bit odd. Maybe the losing side could deal 1/2 damage if the rolls only have a difference of one?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:25:45 pm by Nirur Torir »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 28, 2013, 09:55:47 pm »

...Huh. Oh my. Editing post. Please note the added snark/criticism.
Oh, you were supposed to have healed that already. The current system still isn't very good, but you heal 1 HP per turn spent in a city or similar.

Regen II. I wasn't paying attention, and just sort of copied the Dutiful Protectors over as Novice Protectors +1 Att and Level.

Edit: These battles are a bit odd. Maybe the losing side could deal 1/2 damage if the rolls only have a difference of one?
Odd how?

To some extent, I like the snowballing/chance thing, where the larger your army, the more damage you deal, but it just takes an unlucky roll to stall you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 28, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

Real battles aren't that random. If one side has even a small (overall) advantage, it has more tactical options (and, of course, more firepower), and hence kills the enemy soldiers quicker, which increases their advantage, and so on until one side is devastated and the other okay. Barring things like storms ruining fleets, generals dying of alcohol poisoning, and the occasional daring-desperate-but-clever plan, most battles are fairly easy to predict in a general sense.
Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2013, 01:00:04 am »

Turn 21: Enjoyable

"Huh. That is a lot of Mumblers. Where'd all the Guardians go? Stupid idiots, running or deserting or not existing. Or dying. Because of lack of forces. Well, not dying is the better part of valor, and the murkyfig isn't exactly going to help me much..."
Head back to the Center. Also wonder if there are non-costly ways to restore HP.
You head back to the Center, considering that spending time in civilized areas or doing relaxing things might be good ways to restore HP.

are you deciding on asking her if she wants to help us?!
yep, what of it?
she was trying to kill us just before! lets just leave and we can give the blade to the weird cloak guys.
nope, imma going to try this.
"you seem pretty good with fighting, how would you like to join a war effort?"
[3] "Bout as much as I'd like to shiv my own arm. What's it to you?"

Collect my gold, if I can, before heading to the center.
Gardenia: Walk to the center. If I have gold, give him 1 or 2 gold to watch a fight.

You scoop up your gold and return to the Center. Gardenia promptly excuses herself and hurries to join you.

[4][4] Gardenia greatly enjoys herself, watching some rag-clad peasant being eaten by a giant purple slime.

-1 Gold
+3 XP: Gardenia
Gardenia: Excited [+1 Att for next battle]

Stay out of it
You retreat to the Guard Base.

Battle
-R
[3] vs [6], Guards win!
Murmurs take 4 damage, lose Protector Novice
+2 XP: Shinja

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 21: Enjoyable]
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2013, 01:14:27 am »

(I could not be less useful here could I?)
"nothing, you just seem like a good fighter, if you would like to help at least."
If she doesnt respond, go ahead back to the figures.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15