Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24937 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 16: Lull]
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2013, 12:50:08 am »

((Wait, didn't Kaybull need to make up his own quests?))

"Man, this place is too big. I feel a need...for steed! Or speed. Whatever.

Continue to town.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2013, 01:00:27 am »

"that went better than expected."
the shit does he mean by 'tinkleclaws pet?'
i'm not going to bother finding out, plains ho!
what he said! plains ho!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2013, 05:29:21 am »

To the north(baker city) and look for this horned beast
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2013, 09:58:15 am »

((Nooooo .. useless minions, learning how to attack like that.))

Dokiryn: Upgrade HP again. Realize I'm not with the Murmur army. Move to the Savannah. Ask the sawmill people if they would like to support the war effort by donating free mud bricks.
Shinja: Battle time!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2013, 10:07:19 pm »

Turn 17: Presumptuous

((Wait, didn't Kaybull need to make up his own quests?))

"Man, this place is too big. I feel a need...for steed! Or speed. Whatever.

Continue to town.
((No. He needed to pick/decide something, but they were cryptic and obtuse as to what and how.))

You arrive back at the Center.

"that went better than expected."
the shit does he mean by 'tinkleclaws pet?'
i'm not going to bother finding out, plains ho!
what he said! plains ho!
You arrive at the Plains.

To the north(baker city) and look for this horned beast
[6] You scuttle to the city and begin your investigation immediately. Your search takes you to a Bakerling who knows all about a horned beast- a prized, blood-red bull. It's gained a bit of notoriety.

Also he's the one who owns it, and wants to know why you're looking for it.

((Nooooo .. useless minions, learning how to attack like that.))

Dokiryn: Upgrade HP again. Realize I'm not with the Murmur army. Move to the Savannah. Ask the sawmill people if they would like to support the war effort by donating free mud bricks.
Shinja: Battle time!

[6][2] The inhabitants of the sawmill are thrilled at your offer to make someone's grandmother a pottery shack right there in the Murmur Base, and give you the bricks to do so.

+1 Cart of Mud Bricks [T2]

Quote from: Aut0-Dwarm
Hold...
Still in danger of being overwhelmed by Murmurs, you remain at the Trading Post.

Battle
-R
[6] vs [1], Murmurs win!
Guards take 9 damage, lose 3 infantry
+6 XP, Gold: Shinja

Trading Post
Some unsettling mercenaries have arrived. Claiming to be of the Kariedu clan of vampires, these tall, parchment-skinned humanoids demand victims to harvest blood from and only meager accommodations otherwise.

Kariedu Fighters [L3]
4/4 HP
1 Att
Vampirism 2 [Passive: Heal 2 points of damage whenever your army successfully deals damage.]
Cumulative Feast 1 [Passive: Gain 1 Attack for next turn on your army successfully dealing damage. Refreshes itself and stacks on being triggered successively.]
Condition: Slaves to feed upon, any L3 building to inhabit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 17: Presumptuous]
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2013, 10:28:07 pm »

tired of battle but clings to it like a bug, hmmm, well, I'm lost, what about you?
shit, don't ask me for advice, I just kill things.
not very well from what I've seen.
look around the trading post, for anyone who looks old and weary but holds a weapon.
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2013, 10:31:06 pm »

((No. He needed to pick/decide something, but they were cryptic and obtuse as to what and how.))
((Wait. Are you saying I lost a chance at a quest...because you didn't tell me my choices for it?!?))

Pick up the swirlithing. Bid 2 gold on the skull thing. See if I can find someone selling some kind of noble, and fast, steed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »

((Can we destroy old structures, or if I build that pottery shack is it there until the other side destroys it?))

Move to the city. Bid 5 gold on the skull.
Shinja will stick with the army until further notice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 25, 2013, 05:24:21 pm »

Turn 18: Rollin'

tired of battle but clings to it like a bug, hmmm, well, I'm lost, what about you?
shit, don't ask me for advice, I just kill things.
not very well from what I've seen.
look around the trading post, for anyone who looks old and weary but holds a weapon.
[1] You find a middle-aged noseless halfling in leather leaning against a wall, tell her she looks old and tired, and ask if she needs you to take those weapons off her hands.

[5] You catch and flip her when she inevitably draws a dagger and tries to stab you in the face. She rolls to her feet pretty gracefully.

+1 XP

((Wait. Are you saying I lost a chance at a quest...because you didn't tell me my choices for it?!?))

Pick up the swirlithing. Bid 2 gold on the skull thing. See if I can find someone selling some kind of noble, and fast, steed.
((Well, technically yes. But technically everyone misses out on a lot of things because I don't give them hints.

Probably more realistically, you missed out on a chance for a quest due to the nature of the quest and your actions and rolls. Those three are not standard push button, receive quest style questgivers.))

You grab your swirliswig and take a look at it. It's a contraption of sorts, but needs to sort of sit there semi-autonomously to function. So, it's a bit closer to a traveling companion than a true item... in battle, at least. Naturally the thing still needs to be carried out of combat.

You bid two gold on the skull.

[5] The Finder is all too happy to find what you're looking for... for a modest finder's fee, of course.

The Artol is a large, fairly bulky reptilian beast used by certain immigrants as a steed. While it's normally known for its combat hardiness more than its speed, there are variants and individuals capable of moving at a very respectable pace.

He further explains that mounts tend to come in two varieties- equipment and companions. "Equipment" mounts are cheaper and generally less impressive, and always absorb damage before a hero in combat. This means that they're handy for utility purposes, but difficult to bring into dangerous situations, since they're typically far less hardy than their heroic riders.

"Companion" mounts, on the other hand, tend to be more expensive, and act as full heroes for most purposes, including XP gain and leveling. This means that they're much easier to bring into difficult situations, but heroes with companion mounts tend to be much weaker on their own than heroes without.

Once he knows exactly what you're looking for, if indeed you're interested, he can begin discussing the fee. He also reminds you that mounts are not cheap.

((Can we destroy old structures, or if I build that pottery shack is it there until the other side destroys it?))

Move to the city. Bid 5 gold on the skull.
Shinja will stick with the army until further notice.

((You can demolish buildings at will, though the inhabitants might not be happy.))

You dump all your money on the skull.

Quote from: Aut0-Dwarm
Hold...
This is bad. Now you know how those Murmurs felt when your unstoppable army ruthlessly crushed all opposition.

Battle
Both armies move to M2
[5] vs [3], Murmurs win!
Guards take 9 damage, lose 3 infantry
+6 XP, Gold: Shinja

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 18: Rollin']
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »

she seems pretty tired of battle!
that's mostly the fact she doesn't have a nose, maybe we shouldn't have called her old.
still tired of battle i'd say!
"look, sorry about calling you old, but you wouldn't happen to know where a bru's blade would be, wouldcha?"
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »

((Well, technically yes. But technically everyone misses out on a lot of things because I don't give them hints. Probably more realistically, you missed out on a chance for a quest due to the nature of the quest and your actions and rolls. Those three are not standard push button, receive quest style questgivers.))
((...What would I have needed to do to get a quest? And would it be plausible for Kaybull to kill them in a fit of irritation?))

"Hm. I'm more interested in a mount that won't die when I come near a battle, but that also makes me faster. Do you have any Companion Steeds that make me move faster? And if so, how much would they be?"
Sig

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »

Head to the center. Pass the time by asking a priest what god they worship.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2013, 12:33:19 am »

she seems pretty tired of battle!
that's mostly the fact she doesn't have a nose, maybe we shouldn't have called her old.
still tired of battle i'd say!
"look, sorry about calling you old, but you wouldn't happen to know where a bru's blade would be, wouldcha?"
You note that her nose appears to never have been present, rather than severed in battle.

"Yeah, the one I'm gonna gut you with."

((Well, technically yes. But technically everyone misses out on a lot of things because I don't give them hints. Probably more realistically, you missed out on a chance for a quest due to the nature of the quest and your actions and rolls. Those three are not standard push button, receive quest style questgivers.))
((...What would I have needed to do to get a quest? And would it be plausible for Kaybull to kill them in a fit of irritation?))

"Hm. I'm more interested in a mount that won't die when I come near a battle, but that also makes me faster. Do you have any Companion Steeds that make me move faster? And if so, how much would they be?"
((The short answer is that you'd have needed to figure it out; navigating the questgivers is part of the challenge. It would be plausible to try, though most critters around here look down on murder, war not withstanding. You get the feeling that success would be somewhat less likely, though it's hard to say much for certain while knowing so little about them.))

The Finder details a mount he has available for a mere 13 Gold Coins:

Young Artol Steed [0/10 XP]
2/2 HP
1 Att
Movement 2 [May move 2 spaces per turn rather than one.]
Mount [May bear a rider.]

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2013, 12:40:32 am »

well that's informative!
in two ways yes.
disarm her in any ways necessary, apart from killing or maiming.
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2013, 10:17:11 am »

"Hm. I don't have that much right now..."

Increase bid on skull to 6 gold. Start heading for the battlefield.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15