Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24972 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 7: Manners]
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2013, 12:07:41 am »

(this game enjoys my bad rolls, every good roll just ended up increasing the badness of the bad roll.)

rechallenge the bakerling leader, jesus christ
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2013, 08:13:16 am »

Attack?(0 attack is not a hopeful number, but I'm a spider-thing)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2013, 09:02:42 am »

Remain at the battle and physically force the absent Errol to gain a level of attack.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2013, 09:58:37 am »

Obviously, what Nirur said is a great idea.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2013, 07:36:48 am »

Turn 8: Shmush His Face

"I know it would, smiling outline guy who looks nothing like an owl!"

Bid on the steel sword. One gold!
Then begin my trek back to the battle, if that doesn't take up my whole turn.
You arrive at Baker City and place your bid. You find that you have no time to begin your return trip yet.

(this game enjoys my bad rolls, every good roll just ended up increasing the badness of the bad roll.)

rechallenge the bakerling leader, jesus christ
[6] vs [2] Rising from the ground, battered and bruised, you make a quip about how you're not done with him yet, then charge him with previously unseen strength. The leader is too stunned by this sudden display to do much as you crash him through a fruit cart, the front door of a building, up a flight of stairs, and out the window into a different produce stall.

Technically you probably both passed out at the same time, but you're calling this one a victory.

[6] So are the Bakerlings, who are now spreading rumors about how you're immortal and once stood there letting someone stab you repeatedly until he got tired, before pushing him over and thus winning the fight.

+2 XP

Attack?(0 attack is not a hopeful number, but I'm a spider-thing)
[5] vs [5] You pounce on it like a ravenous spider, but it catches your leap on one shoulder and heaves you off. It then comes after you with its hideous maw, but you scurry out of the way.

It's now eying you warily, shifting its weight from side to side but not attacking yet.

Remain at the battle and physically force the absent Errol to gain a level of attack.
Obviously, what Nirur said is a great idea.
With Dokiryn squeezing his face and Shinja going along with it, it's not long before the delicious orange of 10 XP has been squeezed into the infinitely more delicious juice of a point of Attack.

Quote from: Auto-Dwarm
Proceed to the battle
Nepthym presumably hurries onwards to the Trading Post, in a rush to get to the battle.

Battle
-R
[1] vs [5] Guards win!
Murmurs take 6 dmg, lose 3 Infantry
+3 XP: Shinja, Dokiryn

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 8: Shmush His Face]
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2013, 07:42:37 am »

Action: Onward to belated battle!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2013, 07:52:55 am »

Wild attack go.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2013, 09:41:58 am »

((So that's how xp drain works.))

Back to the base! Look around the streets for an event, and try to drag Shinja with me. ((They'll be able to deal 9 damage, which is enough to kill all troops and one of us, unless you level up HP.))

Edit: Back to the base! Spend my 3 gold on a Level 1, Tier 3 stone hut. It needs a chimney, with the focus of the interior being a brewing area, a broom lean-to shed, and cots. It should be painted black with orange highlights, with pumpkin-shaped windows. If possible to do both, drag Shinja back to the base with me.
Spoiler: Build Location (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:33:38 pm by Nirur Torir »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:24 pm »

"Hm. It's two turns to get back to the battle, at which point the sword will be ready for pickup and I'll need to head back here anyways. No point. Instead..."

Start partying here. Possibly involving a bar-brawl crawl.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2013, 05:06:06 pm »

(does that mean if i build a house for those bakerlings, theyll help come fight? if so, im going for that immediatly, how much would it be for a low grade house witht he lowest grade materials again?)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2013, 08:18:41 am »

(does that mean if i build a house for those bakerlings, theyll help come fight? if so, im going for that immediatly, how much would it be for a low grade house witht he lowest grade materials again?)
I'm actually going to simplify this.

You now build troop-producing structures directly on the city grid, and they do not require an upkeep resource. Building or upgrading a structure requires Gold Coins equal to its Tier times its Level, or units of material matching its Tier and equal in number to its Level.

Examples:
L1, T1 Grass Shack would take 1 Gold Coin or a unit of grass.

L1, T3 Stone Hut would take 3 Gold Coins or a unit of stone.

Upgrading a T1 Grass Barracks from L2 to L3 would take 3 Gold Coins or three units of grass.

Upgrading a T3 Stone Barracks from L2 to L3 would take 9 Gold Coins or three units of stone.

Building a T1, L5 Grass Palace in one go would take 15 Gold Coins or 15 units of grass (or some combination of the two). One for L1, plus two for L2, plus three for L3, etc.

Building a T3, L5 Stone Castle in one go would take 45 Gold Coins or 15 units of stone (or some combination of the two, with each unit of stone counting for 3 Gold Coins). Three for L1, plus six for L2, plus nine for L3, etc.

Compared to non-troop-producing structures, barracks and the like tend to have far lower bonuses, lack bonuses, or even apply penalties based on their surroundings.

As for whether the Bakerlings will assist you... hard to say, meaning you'd need to roll for it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2013, 10:53:25 pm »

Turn 9: Droppin' Coins

Action: Onward to belated battle!
You finally arrive on the front lines.

Wild attack go.
[5] vs [3] You savage the bee-thing like a hungry spider savaging a normal bee-thing. It thrashes back, but is unable to do much more than keep you at bay and hold on to some jars it's carrying. It's now attempting to wriggle out from under you as you pummel it.

+1 XP

((So that's how xp drain works.))

Back to the base! Look around the streets for an event, and try to drag Shinja with me. ((They'll be able to deal 9 damage, which is enough to kill all troops and one of us, unless you level up HP.))

Edit: Back to the base! Spend my 3 gold on a Level 1, Tier 3 stone hut. It needs a chimney, with the focus of the interior being a brewing area, a broom lean-to shed, and cots. It should be painted black with orange highlights, with pumpkin-shaped windows. If possible to do both, drag Shinja back to the base with me.
Spoiler: Build Location (click to show/hide)
You drag Shinja back to camp, fleeing the approaching Guard army.

Once there, you waste no time throwing your money around in order to get a witches' hut constructed. It's cozy, if rather small.

((You may request a symbol to be used to represent it if you'd like. I used G as a default because it's vaguely pumpkin-shaped.))

-3 Gold Coins

"Hm. It's two turns to get back to the battle, at which point the sword will be ready for pickup and I'll need to head back here anyways. No point. Instead..."

Start partying here. Possibly involving a bar-brawl crawl.
[1] You get hammered and pass out. That's a lot of expensive booze.

-1 Gold Coin

Combat
All heroes withdraw, Murmur army now located at M1
-R
Guards reinforce
[6] vs [2], Murmurs win!
Guards take 3 damage, lose 1 infantry
+2 XP: Nepthym

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:53:25 pm by IronyOwl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 9: Droppin' Coins]
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »

"Hey, that was supposed to be a thumb-twiddling action, but more fun! And what fun is getting passed out? I should at least get some kind of bonus or ally or XP or something from my partying!"

Complain to the GM.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »

"Now beg." Gardenia said to the bee.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2013, 06:51:28 pm »

Drag Shinja back to the battle. Cast Dazzle at my foes and hide behind my zombie-like colleague.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15