Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24973 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 5: Strength of Arms]
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »

((I think I wasted five turns doing nothing...ugh. Then again I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be doing. Or maybe I shoulda run into battle before I tried to do other things.

Like, five turns ago.))
((There's several things to do, but most of them require money, which is difficult to get anywhere but battle. Most of them also relate to battle in some sense. It's a very battle-centric game.

So yes, gaining a few Gold Coins and maybe even a levelup from battle first probably would have been better, but the rewards get spread out with multiple heroes from the same side anyway. When not doing that, your options for free are fairly limited to minor events like you and several other people have been doing. With money, you get a good number of options, even if most of them relate to getting yourself new items or building structures for your base.

The newly-added Quest Brokers should also help with that a fair deal. They still require money, but not very much, and can grant more than they cost if you get lucky/qualified/unscrupulous.))

((Yeah, but it'll take me one turn to escape if lucky, then two more turns to get down and one more turn to join battle :P
Which means I'll spend like 10 turns doing nothing and be a drag to my team. If I had gone to fight, I'd at least be able to toll my way through the middle...

I really believe I got off to a bad start here.

Like, bad enough I should probably quit and let someone else play-it's not fun to drag down my teammates. By the time I actually join the game, turn wise, I'll have probably lost any interest. What do you think, Io?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:51 pm »

Hey, GWG, as the only guy on your team able to attack, would you rather do nothing other than fight every turn alone, fight every turn with your allies and splitting the rewards, or leave the battle sometimes to build stuff/quest and know that one or more of your teammates are there to keep xp from being wasted?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »

Hey, GWG, as the only guy on your team able to attack, would you rather do nothing other than fight every turn alone, fight every turn with your allies and splitting the rewards, or leave the battle sometimes to build stuff/quest and know that one or more of your teammates are there to keep xp from being wasted?
The third sounds pretty good, but the second should be strongly considered.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

((Yeah, but it'll take me one turn to escape if lucky, then two more turns to get down and one more turn to join battle :P
Which means I'll spend like 10 turns doing nothing and be a drag to my team. If I had gone to fight, I'd at least be able to toll my way through the middle...

I really believe I got off to a bad start here.

Like, bad enough I should probably quit and let someone else play-it's not fun to drag down my teammates. By the time I actually join the game, turn wise, I'll have probably lost any interest. What do you think, Io?))
((Well, only you can comment on your interest, but in terms of dragging your team down, you don't need to worry about that unless nobody from your side is fighting at the moment. If you look at everyone's statuses, pretty much everyone is in the same boat as you are, except for one person from each team who's been able to hog the combat rewards for a while.

Your start could have been better, but as far as your team goes as a whole, not by much. It was kind of the intention that you'd have one or two people engaging in battle while the rest sort of faffed about elsewhere.

Somewhat tangentially, I think I'm going to remove the toll for going from Baker City to the Center. It's isolated enough as is without costing money to get out the quick, conditional way.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »

Turn 6: Valor

((I think I wasted five turns doing nothing...ugh. Then again I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be doing. Or maybe I shoulda run into battle before I tried to do other things.

Like, five turns ago.))

Action: Recover the pie for the urchins and flee/hide! Better waste another turn!
[4] You stabilize the pie, get a better grip, and successfully drop to the street below, though the fall hurts a bit. You then flee into a nearby alley, urchins in tow. You hear a bit of cursing, but you're not sure if the owner of the pie saw you or not.

[3] Once in the alley, you find yourself surrounded by the little ones looking at the pie, clustered just slightly within reach. Something seems off about them, and it takes you a moment to realize that none of them have noses- their face is just smooth skin from their eyes to their mouths.

"Ooh, that sounds great!"

Abandon the battlefield for the auction house.
Bid 1 gold on the scimitar.
If possible, return to the battlefield and keep killing mumbles or whatever they are.
You retreat to C0.

((A chance to do stuff and finally prove my greatness!
Errol: Please level up.))

Staffzap a slag infantry! Laugh like a maniac ferret!
[4] You laugh like a maniacal, if rather small and cute, ferret.

And also disable the wounded infantry.

*sigh* give that BAKERLING what for.
[3] You find two of his goons and get into a scuffle. It's sort of inconclusive, with all three of you roughed up and panting a bit.

"It been nice talking to you, wanderer. Farewell."

Look around more
[1] You stop paying attention to where you're going for just a moment, which is apparently enough time to walk facefirst right into something. You wince and stumble back, looking at what you hit, and quickly discern that it's some sort of enraged-looking humanoid bee monster. It promptly delivers and unpleasant roar from its unpleasant mouthparts.

[2] You decide that bugs should probably not be this large.

Combat
-R
Dokiryn uses Dazzle 1; Slag Infantry disabled, Guard army Att to 4
[4] vs [3], Murmurs win!
Guards take 3 dmg, lose 2 Infantry
+2 XP, +2 Gold: Dokiryn, Shinja

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 6: Valor]
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2013, 10:52:51 pm »

GET TO THE BAKERLING LEADER.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2013, 01:03:44 am »

Action: Give the pie to weirdlings? Then off to the center unless someone interrupts me...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2013, 03:26:12 am »

Say sorry
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2013, 07:14:48 am »

((Errol: Please level up.))

Continue watching the battle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2013, 09:08:21 pm »

Bid one gold on the scimitar like I tried to last turn.
Return to the battle. If I can
, I don't understand how this is supposed to work.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2013, 12:38:17 am »

Bid one gold on the scimitar like I tried to last turn.
Return to the battle. If I can
, I don't understand how this is supposed to work.
Check the map, you can only move one circle at a time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2013, 12:12:31 pm »

Oh.

Continue towards the auction house, lamenting my inability to submit bids online.

Contemplate inventing the Internet, wi-fi, and eBay just so I can bid on stuff in the middle of battle.
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »

"Ah! Nobody's bid in the past 3 minutes, yes! Oh, can you hang on please, minoin bent on killing me? Just need to do this annndddd... Dammit! Damn bidding snipers, ohh, look at this!"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2013, 12:01:32 am »

Turn 7: Manners

GET TO THE BAKERLING LEADER.
[5] You reckless anime hero up and break past the goons, finding the leader immediately. Needless to say, his reputation requires him to drop whatever he's doing and beat you senseless on his own.

[2] vs [4] Which he does.

Ow.

+1 XP

Action: Give the pie to weirdlings? Then off to the center unless someone interrupts me...
You toss them the pie, which they begin eating immediately, and dash off past some multiracial mercenaries guarding the gate and grumbling about freeloaders and the good old days.

Say sorry
[2] "YOU WILL BE!" it shrieks, advancing threateningly on you.

[1] Of course, it is just a bug, and bugs are easy to squish, right?

((Errol: Please level up.))

Continue watching the battle.
You continue waiting for your chance to be the only fancy mage-thing in this fight.

Oh.

Continue towards the auction house, lamenting my inability to submit bids online.

Contemplate inventing the Internet, wi-fi, and eBay just so I can bid on stuff in the middle of battle.
You arrive at the Center.

[2] Man, being able to do anything from anywhere would be awesome.

Battle
-R
Reinforcements arrive for both armies
[1] vs [4], Guards win!
Murmurs take 6 dmg, lose 3 Infantry
+3 XP: Shinja, Dokiryn

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 7: Manners]
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2013, 12:05:27 am »

"I know it would, smiling outline guy who looks nothing like an owl!"

Bid on the steel sword. One gold!
Then begin my trek back to the battle, if that doesn't take up my whole turn.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15