Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 26: Victory and Defeat]  (Read 24969 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 4: Plodding Along]
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2013, 09:59:20 am »

Level up! +1 Attack.

Continue fighting with the army!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2013, 10:22:45 am »

"True, true." She give a look over as if gauging him for the first time "So what are you, warrior, wanderer?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2013, 07:03:49 pm »

((I am not good at negotiating with godlike entities. Also, murmur troops are hilariously terrible.))

"Just godly wisdom in general before I go try to help with the battles? .. I am having issues synching up with the local magic, but I'll probably figure it out eventually with this staff your people gave me."
((Apparently enraged badgerfolk bumpkin gaggles aren't really a match for slavering hordes of morlock shock troopers. Who'd have thought?))

"AH!"

Holo brings her giant head just a few inches away from yours, staring directly at you with her enormous eyes.

"MY WISDOM IS THAT THE EMPEROR SHALL SUFFER FOR THIS OUTRAGE."

"True, true." She give a look over as if gauging him for the first time "So what are you, warrior, wanderer?"
"Wanderer! Everyone wanders now and again, but some truly make a habit of it, wouldn't you say?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2013, 08:04:18 pm »

"Er-Of course .. I'll go and see if I can rally the troops then? *Dook* By your leave, of course"

Go meet up with the troops at the newest front. Say encouraging things to the Murmur infantry.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2013, 06:03:59 am »

Gardenia smiles "So I would think you seen many wonderful things, right?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2013, 06:45:13 am »

Gardenia smiles "So I would think you seen many wonderful things, right?"
He tilts his head slightly, still grinning.

"Depends on what you consider wonderful, doesn't it?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 02:30:07 am »

...sigh. This is possibly a problem not solved by shouting at it.

Assess what kind of materials one would need to build a drill camp! Then start going to where one might get to gather that sort of stuff.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2013, 07:13:17 am »

"What to you find wonderful then?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2013, 05:38:40 am »

Turn 5: Strength of Arms

Action: That's it, climb up to the window and retrieve the pie for them. Save the world.
[3] You clamber up, grab the pie, and slip, barely regaining hold of the edge with one hand while barely stabilizing the flailing pie on the other. This both creates a fair amount of noise and leaves you in a precarious position. A moment later, your hear what sounds like a muffled voice, a chair scraping on the floor, and the sound of feet thudding towards you from inside the window.

GET REVENGE ON THAT BAKERLING.
[1] Alright, you're gonna find that Bakerling and you're gonna KICK HIS A-

You don't even see what takes you out. You're just all of a sudden lying in the mud with a lot of feathers in your mouth. Did you get hit by a cart or something? This is not good for your dignity. Not good at all.

Level up! +1 Attack.

Continue fighting with the army!
You feel stronger and surer with a blade, and continue to press the attack.

"Er-Of course .. I'll go and see if I can rally the troops then? *Dook* By your leave, of course"

Go meet up with the troops at the newest front. Say encouraging things to the Murmur infantry.
You scurry out of the grove and back to the front lines, chirping optimistic slogans at them like a diminutive sidekick who's either about to prove himself, get murdered promptly to give a real hero a reason to fight, or just sort of provide comic relief while everyone else dies horribly around him.

...sigh. This is possibly a problem not solved by shouting at it.

Assess what kind of materials one would need to build a drill camp! Then start going to where one might get to gather that sort of stuff.
It's looking like gold coins are the most pressing material needed for a drill camp. Pretty much anything could produce a drill camp of some variety otherwise, but you're gonna need gold for all of them. Accordingly, you head over to the front lines.

[1] As long as you're thinking about it, though, the best materials for a drill camp would probably be some kind of elaborate marble, the better for vines to grow on so as to produce fine wines. With a proper vineyard supplying it, such a training camp would doubtlessly be a model of discipline and structure.

"What to you find wonderful then?"
[2] He tilts his head slightly, giving his static grin a sort of impish quality.

"Well, I suppose whatever I find in my way. You'll have to find your own path, wouldn't you say?"

Combat
Each army advances to M2, battle occurs
[5] vs [2], Murmurs win! (finally)
Guards take 3 damage, lose 1 Infantry
+2 XP: Kaybull
+1 XP, +1 Gold: Shinja, Dokiryn

Auction
Disappointed but not especially surprised, the Auction House withdraws their current offer with no bids on it.
In its place, they offer a Steel Scimitar [Weapon: +1 Att], which will go to the highest bidder on Turn 10

World News
Bakerling Quest Brokers have set up shop in both camps, the Center, and Baker City. For a small fee, they will connect you directly with someone in need of a champion's assistance... though not necessarily the someone or the type of assistance you had in mind. Quest Brokers offer no refunds for Quests beyond a hero's physical, mental, or moral capabilities, nor do they accept any responsibility for the long-term effects of any such Quests on any parties involved or uninvolved.

Quests may be completed in a variety of ways, including those not to the quest contact's liking, such as failure, formal refusal, aiding another party, killing them where they stand, and so on. Completing Quests often, but not always, results in various effects based on the nature of the Quest and its completion. These rewards and penalties can be obvious things like providing XP or costing Gold Coins, or can be subtler in nature, such as establishing a nearby herbalist or gaining a fearsome reputation.

Quest Brokers and associated entities tend to look poorly on leaving Quests uncompleted for long periods of time or attempting to acquire too many Quests at once.

Quests operate on the following price scale:
1 Gold Coin: Standard Quest. This is usually a fairly simple, straightforward request by a lone individual for relatively selfish reasons. Standard Quests usually have fairly straightforward objectives and rewards.
2 Gold Coins: Group Quest. Group Quests are usually somewhat messy affairs, typically involving the interests of an organization or group rather than a lone individual. Accordingly, Group Quests tend to be more open-ended and involved than a single, easy task.
3 Gold Coins: Epic Quest. Epic Quests are exceedingly dangerous, elaborate, important, or otherwise difficult and problematic tasks that can't be solved by normal means. Epic Quests are frequently very involved affairs.

By way of example, a Standard Quest might involve killing a werewolf that's been terrorizing a woodsman's cabin. A Group Quest might involve ensuring that the authorities don't bother a thieves' guild that's trying to move into a specific settlement. An Epic Quest might involve slaying a dragon that's entirely beyond your ability in direct combat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for Morukon RTD [Turn 5: Strength of Arms]
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2013, 05:57:29 am »

((I think I wasted five turns doing nothing...ugh. Then again I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be doing. Or maybe I shoulda run into battle before I tried to do other things.

Like, five turns ago.))

Action: Recover the pie for the urchins and flee/hide! Better waste another turn!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2013, 10:05:18 am »

"Ooh, that sounds great!"

Abandon the battlefield for the auction house.
Bid 1 gold on the scimitar.
If possible, return to the battlefield and keep killing mumbles or whatever they are.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2013, 10:28:09 am »

((A chance to do stuff and finally prove my greatness!
Errol: Please level up.))

Staffzap a slag infantry! Laugh like a maniac ferret!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »

*sigh* give that BAKERLING what for.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2013, 03:02:07 am »

"It been nice talking to you, wanderer. Farewell."

Look around more

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2013, 09:22:07 am »

((I think I wasted five turns doing nothing...ugh. Then again I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to be doing. Or maybe I shoulda run into battle before I tried to do other things.

Like, five turns ago.))
((There's several things to do, but most of them require money, which is difficult to get anywhere but battle. Most of them also relate to battle in some sense. It's a very battle-centric game.

So yes, gaining a few Gold Coins and maybe even a levelup from battle first probably would have been better, but the rewards get spread out with multiple heroes from the same side anyway. When not doing that, your options for free are fairly limited to minor events like you and several other people have been doing. With money, you get a good number of options, even if most of them relate to getting yourself new items or building structures for your base.

The newly-added Quest Brokers should also help with that a fair deal. They still require money, but not very much, and can grant more than they cost if you get lucky/qualified/unscrupulous.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15