Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84812 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #660 on: November 01, 2013, 09:43:12 pm »

Meh, if they flake out halfway through we'll just dunk their head into the river. Clean out the dumb from their brains.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 01, 2013, 10:09:32 pm »

Updated posted. I hope you enjoy Awakened Monkeys.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 01, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »

Oh, I forgot to ask, are you doing all the rolls, or are we using invisible castle?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 01, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »

If you post an action, and want to do the roll yourself, link to invisiblecastle. Otherwise, I'll roll the dice.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:40 pm »

On they sail. All seems to go well, at first. The convoy quickly gets out of sight of Rivertown, and no significant danger presents itself. Marini, the Cat-Wizard's familiar, points with her paw at a curious sight on the side of the river: A pair of tiny monkeys, both gesturing at Orgarr and nocking arrows into their tiny, crudely crafted bows. A half-dozen tiny arrows fly from the brush, but none hit! The orcs on the raft panick and try to hide behind the cages; Alanorwan puts herself in front of the horse, in hopes of protecting it.

You have been attacked by tiny, unnaturally intelligent tree monkeys! What do you do?
MFW: :D
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 02, 2013, 01:04:12 am »

Well, let's see what happens when I reduce damage taken by 1 for party members!  Seeing as I don't know the distance to the second boat, they may not benefit from this effect, but when we've decided if we're beaching or not, I may be able to fix that.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 02, 2013, 01:24:35 am »

Someone should have been on that raft with the priest...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 02, 2013, 01:30:31 am »

You could probably jump across? I don't think there's any piranhas in this bit of the water. It would look very brave.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 02, 2013, 01:32:32 am »

You could probably jump across? I don't think there's any piranhas in this bit of the water. It would look very brave.
With a jump of +1, it'd be highly dangerous to try such a long jump.  If I fell into the water, I'd have to make swim checks, which are rather ineffective at -3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 02, 2013, 03:12:34 am »

Honestly, dose not everyone have a bow or something? Shoot them or fight defensive-they're going to have a hard enough time hitting you anyway.

Unless some crits for monkey diplomacy and we end up invited to the monkey village, lets just ignore them and potshot as we go past.

Assuming normal templates, those bows can only do 1d3 or 1d4 damage anyway.

Tho don't hold me to any of this if we face awakened monkeys with class levels. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 02, 2013, 03:15:09 am »

Holdron has bottles. Ain't got time for dem bows yo.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:18:06 am by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 02, 2013, 03:18:54 am »

Leaving aside the fact that they could well have composite bows, and the fact that there are an unknown number in ambush, do we really want to be beginning hostilities with a group we're going to have to pass every time we move up or down the river? Plus the fact that someone had the power to awaken them in the first place?
Tucker's Kobolds spring to mind...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 02, 2013, 03:19:33 am »

Yes I was going to suggest ignoring them or just shouting abuse and continuing on our way.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 02, 2013, 03:28:34 am »

@HBringer: Composite bows are too sophisticated for them, assuming the two we saw are the standard. Awakened animals are smart as normal human, however, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Still, they attacked us. That means they're pretty hostile to begin with. If they keep shooting we pretty much gotta fire back, if only to scare them away.

Edit: And you now, it's extremely likely the monkeys can speak or at least understand some form of Druidic.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 02, 2013, 04:01:52 am »

Still, they attacked us. That means they're pretty hostile to begin with. If they keep shooting we pretty much gotta fire back, if only to scare them away.
They fired a bunch of misses from hidden positions. For all we know they have two fighting-age members and a bunch of children, and are trying to frighten away anyone that comes close.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 58