Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84851 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #555 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:40 pm »

Sort of. ICly I'll slow develop and reveal that Bethany isn't the biggest fan of elven gods and things blessed in their name. Also, the nasty could just be natures ambivalence taken to the extreme and not anything unholy or wicked.
Still, it's an unusually...you know...skeptical belief for a paladin.

Dude! Spoilers. That would have made a good bit of RP when that came out. Now we gotta make a crack addict or something to make up for it cause the paladin always has to have some sort of secret.
Aside from the crack addiction, +1.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 28, 2013, 03:21:20 pm »

Wait, is this a drinking contest? I thought it was a who can drink the worse possible drink and pretend they like it contest?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 28, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »

It's a "Drink the others drink and see which is better." contest. It's less a contest and more of Holdron saying "You'll like my booze more than your ale." and your guy saying "Nuh uh!" and Holdron saying "Uh huh." so now they're gonna drink each-others booze and see which is better.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 28, 2013, 03:24:19 pm »

Yeah that's what I thought.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 28, 2013, 03:29:09 pm »

I know what it is. Bethany either failed to understand, or suspects a fight or worse might follow.

OOCly I a convenient excuse to leave the room so nobody would RP with my character while I'm off at work. Then, like 30 seconds ago, I learned there is a High Wind warning for the Vegas Valley today, and that it wont be safe for me to show up and do my job.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 28, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

....umm, I probably should have waited before going to see about transport, since I'm stuck until Grek gives the correct response. Maybe I should grumble about unhelpful bartenders and return to the table.....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2013, 04:07:15 pm »

Dose anyone mind if I roll-off Fort saves until one of you falls unconscious/gives up?

I don't wanna steal the Gm's job but this isn't really life or death. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 28, 2013, 04:20:14 pm »

Er it's probably be a willpower thing to see who gives in and says the other person's drink is drinkable first, but I'm not fussed either way. It'd be best to call it a draw and get a joint boat, which we can christen The Wining Ale-Drinker.

It's certainly not a competition to the unconsciousness...

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 28, 2013, 04:49:36 pm »

Please, you haven't encountered undrinkable until you've downed a Troll Sweat. It's made from ale, rum, whiskey, sulfuric acid, bog water, Hydrogen Bitters, feet scrapings, and a dash of lime.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:20 pm »

Well anyway. I have to go, so please do whatever is the general consensus regarding buying a boat/boats/or future part of tavern, and take my 500GP or 500GP plus cloak of resistance, and, if we set off, please can someone hire me two porters to carry my caged monkeys.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 28, 2013, 05:52:43 pm »

I'm really really sorry I haven't been able to post today. I have not had a good day and I just can't seem to find the words at the moment, I'll try again tomorrow.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 28, 2013, 07:11:22 pm »

Being at work while everybody does everything is unfortunate.

Assuming I'm unavailable when the party leaves the Inn, I intend to chase after Rem (since a 16ft monstrosity is certainly the most intimidating figure a 2'3" Kobold could see), and basically force myself into the party.  A la "Aiy, fearsome giant, if you're peaceable, let me join you!  With you providing the strong and I providing the song, I see a successful partnership."  If anyone wants to literally quote that for that bit, feel free.  Hopefully I won't miss more important stuff while I'm at work.

Unless the party's camaraderie lasts until nightfall, which would result in me returning to the Inn and then wondering how I missed the big lug in the first place.  That seems a fair bit unlikely.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 28, 2013, 07:17:13 pm »

I have posted my marching orders! Twice!
And they're on my Char sheet!

graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 28, 2013, 07:31:10 pm »

I don't see them anywhere. Where on the sheet did you put it?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 28, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »

um, giglamesh, might wanna move them from character traits to the other notes block...(they aren't really character traits!)
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58