Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84793 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2013, 05:33:16 pm »

@Gilg: Mrmrmrm...I don't know if the spell focus would apply to summons, tho it would make sense.
...Doesn't Spell Focus affect saving throw DCs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »

How many bonus spells would i get? I'm using http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm and http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page as sources, but can't seem to find it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2013, 05:36:03 pm »

@Mainiac: An awakened cat is not an appropriate adventurer because A] it is Tiny sized, and B] it lacks thumbs. That being said, you can roleplay it so that the "familiar" is actually the one in charge and wears the pointy hat in their relationship.

I see the lack of thumbs things as a positive, not a negative.  It gives an interesting handicap to the character that is likely to actually come up in gameplay (assuming we ever encounter a door).  When it comes to equipment it could force some limitations on the character but I think that's workable.  Is Tiny size really a dealbreaker?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 05:38:20 pm »

Lacking opposable thumbs is typically an issue...but if the cat has a Hand of the Mage or something, who cares?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 05:39:58 pm »

Well, that said, I assume I can't increase my starting size by 1? If so, I'll just downgrade my equipment and such and play a not-nearly-as-big packmule.

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 05:45:07 pm »

@TealNinja: You round up half dice. So 1d8 goes to 5, but 2d8 only goes to 9. Only things that are available online are available for play. If you can link to the Marshal, I will let you play it. Otherwise, no.

http://dndtools.eu/classes/marshal/ for the Marshal class.

So with that rounding, does that mean the odd levels of a class give 1 more health than the even levels?

(Also, that means Kobold Bard/Marshal.  Prepare to be inspired by tiny reptile!)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:05:20 pm by TealNinja »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »

@GiglameshDespair: The relevant table is here. A 3rd level Druid with 18 Wisdom gets an extra 1st level spell and an extra 2nd level spell.

@Maniac: A cat gets a net of +16 to Hide checks in the jungle due to their race. The RPG is only 20 numbers long. Any creature that would be able to find your character would be unable to fail at finding the rest of the party, and any creature that might not find the party would be entirely unable to find your character. It isn't that +16 is "too big", so much as that it diverges too far from what someone playing a normal-sized character could get.

@Remuthra: I am willing to let you to take "Big" as a feat instead of as a trait.

@TealNinja: Marshal is allowed. Yes.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »

@Remuthra: I am willing to let you to take "Big" as a feat instead of as a trait..
Alright, done.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:53:33 pm by Remuthra »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »

@Maniac: A cat gets a net of +16 to Hide checks in the jungle due to their race. The RPG is only 20 numbers long. Any creature that would be able to find your character would be unable to fail at finding the rest of the party, and any creature that might not find the party would be entirely unable to find your character. It isn't that +16 is "too big", so much as that it diverges too far from what someone playing a normal-sized character could get.

Can I ask you to maybe just mull it over for a while?  There are after all plenty of situations where hiding isn't appropriate... unless you leave your team to die.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:23 pm »

@Grek: Quick and final questions from me, I'm taking skill woodcrafting, wots the crafting DC for arrows?

Also, whats the rules for ammunition recovery?

I figure if we got lost in the horrible jungle (Eventually) I'll need to make/find my own arrows to replace the literally hundreds I might shoot.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2013, 05:58:38 pm »

Grek, where did you get that Cat's get a +16 to hide in jungles due to race?  I see that cat's have a natural +4 to hide and an additional +4 in vegetation.  Where's the other +8?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/cat.htm
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »

Grek, where did you get that Cat's get a +16 to hide in jungles due to race?  I see that cat's have a natural +4 to hide and an additional +4 in vegetation.  Where's the other +8?

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/cat.htm
Size modifier. Similarly, I have -4 to hide.

@Kansa- Out of curiosity, how ranged-focused do you plan to be? This pertains to a plan I have down the line.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »

The skills max rank 6/ 3 means i can only put 3 ranks int oit, doesn't it, up to a maximum of +6. Or am i misunderstanding?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2013, 06:02:57 pm »

I was planning on being pretty ranged focused, I can't get too close due to the base hp and armour proficiencies of the Wu Jen
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58