Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84818 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #690 on: November 02, 2013, 09:14:27 am »

"Their long range artillery didn't do anything, let's walk right into the army! By ourselves. Also, bring the boats so they can sink those."

What we're looking at can be just a regular scouting party. Imagine, for a moment, that they are guards. Imagine, also, that your AC is so high they need to roll a 20 to hit you. Right now there are so few of them, and so many targets, that the off chance of a 20 isn't that bad. Imagine you go inland and get caught. You could get swarmed BY YOURSELF because no one else wants to risk this. Lets say 40 of them get you. You could die rather easily considering we don't know what they're capable of in melee or what their numbers are. Lets save the priest first, then we'll come back and attack monkeys for ya.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 02, 2013, 09:17:56 am »

The things didn't even scratch us in the first attack.  How dangerous can a quick scouting be?
How dangerous indeed...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 02, 2013, 09:26:16 am »

Knew I shoudl have chosen a Speak With Animals spell, but too late to change it now.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 02, 2013, 09:33:39 am »

The things didn't even scratch us in the first attack.  How dangerous can a quick scouting be?
How dangerous indeed...
Sometimes, it's the little things—used well—that count.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 02, 2013, 09:38:10 am »

Rem, Maru didn't say that ogre bit out loud.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:17 am »

Even 40 things hitting you with a minimum of one damage a hit is usually fatal :P

I'm looking at this from an IC perspective. One of the people riding along with us has apparently jumped off and ran into the jungle without a word to anyone. We can either stop and put everyone at risk for one person, or keep going and get on with the job we were hired to do.

What I mean is, a canoe is a democracy-I own a pair of paddles and I vote we keep rowing.

If Orgarr wants to stop and catch up with us later to pick you up, that's fine. I'm sure nothing bad will happen to you...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 02, 2013, 10:08:39 am »

Imagine, also, that your AC is so high they need to roll a 20 to hit you.

Imagine also that I have 16 to move silently and am just looking for any sign of life...

I'm not trying to take on the talking monkey second army here.  But consider what you guys are doing.  You faced opposition and decided to heedlessly charge onwards into gods knows what.  Yes there is no clue what's on the shore, but the same applies to the river and the river doesn't offer great scouting opposition.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 10:12:54 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 02, 2013, 10:11:07 am »

He does have a point, you really should have at least let us know you were gonna do that.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 02, 2013, 10:40:34 am »

Even 40 things hitting you with a minimum of one damage a hit is usually fatal :P
Thank the kobold for the DR 1/magic.

I'm looking at this from an IC perspective. One of the people riding along with us has apparently jumped off and ran into the jungle without a word to anyone. We can either stop and put everyone at risk for one person, or keep going and get on with the job we were hired to do.

What I mean is, a canoe is a democracy-I own a pair of paddles and I vote we keep rowing.

If Orgarr wants to stop and catch up with us later to pick you up, that's fine. I'm sure nothing bad will happen to you...
Note to self: Never go canoeing with your character.

"Hey Steffan, this reminds of that summer in Mariliath! Remember? That one time? With the spitting imps? You tried to talk to them too, remember what happened?"
You got chopped into little pieces due to fighting an enemy for parties more than 10 levels higher than you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:53 am »

Actually the imps were so shocked that they actually tried to talk that they all died.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:00 am »

Why leave me behind? I'm literally just stabbing at them idly with a long stick from safely in the canoe.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 02, 2013, 11:04:33 am »

So, uh... How did she even reach the shore? Remuthra didn't go with the "paddle to shore" option, just pulled a spear and started using it.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 02, 2013, 11:06:25 am »

So, uh... How did she even reach the shore? Remuthra didn't go with the "paddle to shore" option, just pulled a spear and started using it.
I indicated in my marching orders that I was to keep my spear on hand at all times during boat rides.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 02, 2013, 11:10:03 am »

Actually the imps were so shocked that they actually tried to talk that they all died.
And the marilith?
Sig

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 02, 2013, 11:17:00 am »

And the marilith?

Mariliath is a place, not the monster of a similar name. Though with the small Demons present, one can guess they live there. :P

It's true origins are as of now, shrouded in the secrecy of noodle incident territory.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 58