Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84824 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:00 pm »

Spider elves: Bad news
Snake elves: Bad news
Poison Tree Frog elves: Bad news
Platypus elves: Huh? Oh right.
Jellyfish elves: Jelly fishing! Jelly fishing!
Don't forget scorpion elves.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 30, 2013, 11:49:57 pm »

Sure. PMchat?
I think I sent a PM?

Forgot to set up my profile settings to auto-save outgoing PM's before I did that.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 31, 2013, 12:06:19 pm »

So assuming we set off in canoes with hopefully a horse and two orcs caryying cages on my raft, does anyone want to volunteer a seating / travelling arrangement?

Is there anything preventing us from setting off in the morning and actually getting exploring?

And, as a beginner trying to procrastinate, does anyone want to suggest ways a bard can be helpful in, say, combat? Or indeed any situtation other than diplomacying?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 31, 2013, 12:07:42 pm »

La la, lala la la, use bar-dic, muusic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 31, 2013, 12:15:45 pm »

Hmmm, ok, this'll depend on how many boats we need, but I don't foresee needing more than 3, so I'll take middle of first boat. I can act as scout with my good spot+listen, and still be protected a bit
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 31, 2013, 12:38:33 pm »

Isn't it four per boat? Or was that a different boat? Four human sized...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 31, 2013, 12:45:48 pm »

Heres my marching order for boat, on sheet btw

Quote from: Eli
3. Eli rides in the middle of the canoe, or higher.

2. When boating, I have my bow out-shoot any threats that I see from range. If something closes to the boat or tries to grapple with it, or us, put away the bow (don't drop it) and use my spear to jab at it. If we flounder, I swim for the nearest shore-do not stop to help anyone, but get to the nearest bank and offer ranged support or a rescue rope as needed.

I wanna be close to the front, of course-I gots the perception.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 31, 2013, 12:55:14 pm »

I'd suggest a Bard focus on buffing others first. Stick with a buddy to help him out otherwise. If you stick with the Wizard, you're there to slow someone's advance toward melee with him. If you stick with the Rogue, you're there to set him up for Sneak Attacks by flanking the enemy. In general you can help out by using Aid Another to help ensure a hit from the Fighter (or whatever, there's so much Fighter hate).

In general when using your buffs, try to identify when a fight will be a tough one and use your buffs as soon as possible. If the fight won't be tough, don't use your buffs at all. If you find that your party flees or dies and you still have buffs in your holster, you made a mistake. If you find that you end fights with many rounds left on your active buffs, you should have cast them earlier or not at all.

Finally, as a secondary healer, you can jump in and heal if that's the thing that's absolutely needed. You can spend your round healing 6 damage and keep someone up, but you could have caused 6 damage and dropped an enemy. Try to keep an eye out for that kind of opportunity: if an enemy has been beaten down but it's close to falling, that's the time for you to attack. Same with the friend about to drop: that's the time for you to heal him.

Because you have good movement and low AC, you should probably stick with missile weapons and stay free and back out of melee range. This also helps you rush in and make the necessary move as I described above.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 31, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

Well, thank you. That is clear and helpful.

Aid another?

Edit: ah I see

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 01, 2013, 05:02:01 pm »

Are we waiting on someone?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 01, 2013, 05:43:08 pm »

Not as far as I can tell. I took the day off for Halloween, and assuming nobody posts any last minute requests that take a long time to resolve, I'll put up the "Taking Off Up The River" update sometime tonight.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 01, 2013, 05:45:03 pm »

The GM was waiting for the GM to post :P.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 01, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »

Not as far as I can tell. I took the day off for Halloween, and assuming nobody posts any last minute requests that take a long time to resolve, I'll put up the "Taking Off Up The River" update sometime tonight.

Excellent, can't wait! :D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 01, 2013, 09:41:07 pm »

Just to double check, there isn't anyone who is refusing/unable to go on this mission, right?

TealNinja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 01, 2013, 09:42:01 pm »

Permissible to me.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 58