Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death  (Read 84841 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 PbP: River of Death
« Reply #540 on: October 28, 2013, 08:25:38 am »

-snip-
I foresee people ignoring and/or abusing Kalnaf.

-snip-
Ooh, House Drake.
I foresee Beth either learning how to become a paladin, or learning that she doesn't need to become a paladin. I kinda hope the later.

-snip-
I see potential for a party leader here. A distant, aloof party leader perhaps, but a leader nonetheless.

-snip-
What a cheerful guy. I give him two days.

-snip-
-snip-
-snip, Pelordamit-
That is a good chunk of RP and whatnot. Good job.
And getting into relationships off the bat, nice touch.

Suddenly, a sixteen foot gray-skinned barbarian appears from where he  had been sitting drinking behind the inn, and comes over to introduce himself.
"GREETINGS, I ORGARR SNOWCRUSHER! YOU NEED MUSCLE, I HELP!"
My snipping tool is broken! Oh well, not much to snip here...

Leaning against the wall of the inn, Ashii's handbell gave a soft chime as she slid it into her pack. Silently she walked up to the Paladin. She nodded, but looked around doubtfully at the elemental and the huge stone giant.
See two above.
Hm. Only Sane Man in the making?

-snip-
Another potential OSM.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:09 am »

I am somewhat confused. According to the GM post, we are all in the bar. According to Weirdsound's post, Bethany is in a guild building owned by the navigators? According to several of the followup posts, their characters are in the bar standing near Bethany and carrying on a conversation with her.
Hmmm...
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 28, 2013, 09:17:51 am »

Ahrlgbagagh...

Um.

I guess if Bethany is not getting the mission assigned in the bar (where adventurers are usually hired), her scene can take place before all of that, then we all talk to her-at which points she's just recruiting us in the bar.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 28, 2013, 09:58:03 am »

Taking control of another person's character isn't very nice yo. Even if it's something small.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 28, 2013, 10:14:59 am »

@Nerjin: Who are you talking about?

What Maniac did was harmless RP-and actually helped set up the scene. It's pretty obvious he would have probably looked over at the voice. But yeah, rping others reactions shouldn't really be encouraged.

If you're talking about ME, I'm going to say it's just damage control. Zako, myself, remuthra, Gilgameh and Tryar have all posted on the idea WS's char is casing the bar for people to hire for the job she in theory was assigned.

We can either all delete our posts and do nothing I suppose, or assume the obvious-that we're eventually getting together.

I admit I read WS's post wrong, however. But it shouldn't change anything, as I said above.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 28, 2013, 10:19:10 am »

Taking control of another person's character isn't very nice yo. Even if it's something small.

It speeds things along if you make small assumptions like that after checking to make sure it doesn't contradict anything they've already written.  If they have a problem with the assumptions, they can retcon them away.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 28, 2013, 10:55:17 am »

I was talking to mainiac as it happens. I'm fine with what ya did there. It really was something small but I was just throwing it out there because I think we've ALL had that RP where someone just decides that you're not doing it right. I figure if I get on you now over something small there's less chance of someone later telling me that Holdron has decided to become Lawful Good.

Purely preventative. Not really getting on ya about it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 28, 2013, 11:39:35 am »

Arg. Sorry about the flood of purple. Not used to 1/ much RP; 2/ being serious for long; 3/ playing any kind of talky character. Also sorry for missing out the other (?) paladin (?), I have no time left. Anyway, I thought I'd try to gather the expeditiony people, without trying to be pushy about it...

-snip-
I see potential for a party leader here.

Arg #2.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:42:21 am by lawastooshort »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 28, 2013, 12:50:59 pm »

-snip-
Aw, a kitty-cat!
I'm sure that he will be mostly marginalized.

-snip-
Ah yes, the amusing old coot. I suspect that this group will not need for comic relief.

-snip-
Yolo, but that doesn't make alcohol not taste terrible.

-snip-
Organizing the group, investing in the game with RP...definitely the group leader.

She lacked the nerve to do so while looking into his deep blue eyes however.
You don't say...
Fun fact: Paladins do not take a vow of chastity. Take that as you will.

"You're a paladin lass? I'm one too. A paladin prince as it happens! I once slew a dragon using nothing but me bare hands.
Congratulations! You slew a dragon with your bare hands. Amazing, isn't it?

"Proper burial? What are you on about lass? We're out ta save pumpki- No... We're tryin' ta capture monkeys or some such righ'? Well I'm off to help a priest with his holy water. If ye don' mind me askin, why not help us wit' tha'? Yer a paladin righ'? Wouldn't preventing future deaths be more important than gettin' the dead? They stay dead so they ain't goin' anywhere." Holdron seemed to be somewhat annoyed at the idea of ignoring the living in favor of the dead "Plus it pays better. We can use that money to buy things to help bury the dead better right?"
This guy is unusual, but he has a point...

-snip-
I see potential for a party leader here.
Arg #2.
Hm?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 28, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »

"Proper burial? What are you on about lass? We're out ta save pumpki- No... We're tryin' ta capture monkeys or some such righ'? Well I'm off to help a priest with his holy water. If ye don' mind me askin, why not help us wit' tha'? Yer a paladin righ'? Wouldn't preventing future deaths be more important than gettin' the dead? They stay dead so they ain't goin' anywhere." Holdron seemed to be somewhat annoyed at the idea of ignoring the living in favor of the dead "Plus it pays better. We can use that money to buy things to help bury the dead better right?"
This guy is unusual, but he has a point...

He's not that dumb... BUT I have to say I'm glad for your little summaries. They make me happy for reasons I can't even describe. Also, I hate you for the TVTropes link. Now I'm gonna be stuck for an hour.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 28, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »

There's no trope for Crazy Guy Has a Point.

Glad I'm making you happy.

:P
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 28, 2013, 02:42:57 pm »

Bethany turns to the old man. "There is no guarantee the holy water fixes anything anyway."
Blasphemy!
Sig

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 28, 2013, 02:45:06 pm »

Sort've odd that the Paladin would express that sort of belief.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 28, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »

Sort of. ICly I'll slow develop and reveal that Bethany isn't the biggest fan of elven gods and things blessed in their name. Also, the nasty could just be natures ambivalence taken to the extreme and not anything unholy or wicked.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:03 pm »

Dude! Spoilers. That would have made a good bit of RP when that came out. Now we gotta make a crack addict or something to make up for it cause the paladin always has to have some sort of secret.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58