Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I draw Scenarios!  (Read 4532 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
I draw Scenarios!
« on: October 21, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »

Hey, guys! My art wrist is itchy for some DF art! Give me your favorite moments, and I'll draw them! But you may have to wait a bit, cause I'm gonna put effort into them. Begin the !!FUN!!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: I draw Scenarios!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 06:12:16 pm »

One fortress I had was on a flat area, so I had to build an aboveground section. It worked pretty well, trapped with an archer tower nearby and generally well defended. But it had an unusual effect on the surrounding area. Every year, when the melts came, it was possible to notice a sandy patch growing around the entryway. Every year the tendrils of arid sand would creep further and further out, creating an area all around that was absolutely useless for grazing animals.
I still have no idea what was up with that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »

How about you draw some scenes from my testing?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132288.0

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »

I posted this engraving from my fortress in another thread. I'd love to see it realized in all its glory:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a more serious note, I'd love to see what you could do with my current fortress (Df map archive: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-11905-heartmine). I imagine the view would be spectacular as a new migrant approaches the central staircase at night, with only the red glow of the magma hundreds of feet below to light the way.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:43:41 pm »

TO GRAKNORKE,

Thank you so much for giving me a basic scenario to begin! I was able to finish it because there was a small bit of Info for me to work on, so remember, more deets, more arts, more time. Here, enjoy!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:27:57 pm by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 06:52:47 pm »

TO GRAKNORKE,

Thank you so much for giving me a basic scenario to begin! I was able to finish it because there was a small bit of Info for me to work on, so remember, more deets, more arts, more time. Here, enjoy!

You linked to the wrong thing, but good opening drawing!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:58:15 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 06:56:49 pm »

TO itg!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:28:47 pm by Nidilap »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 06:58:38 pm »

Dear, art givers,

Sorry for my lack of good art sending, I'm on an iPad, and I'm new to pics in this forum. Bear with me, please.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »

TO itg!

You keep putting the URL of the DA page into the img tags, rather than the URL of the image.

EDIT: Ninja'd. I'm not sure if you can find image URLs on an iPad easily, but you would know better than I do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 07:32:14 pm »

TO BENNERMAN,

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:29:18 pm by Nidilap »

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 07:53:50 pm »

I love it and I love you.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

Thanks so much, bennerman. You have NO idea how much your support helps me with art and stuff. Keep up those Crazy Dwarven antics, guys!

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 08:11:39 pm »

TO itg!

Great work, thanks!

I think you're still linking to the wrong page, though. Your drawing for Bennerman isn't showing up.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

One time i had a freshly minted adventurer and decided a needed to get my wrestling and fighting skills up, so I snuck up on an ostrich, cut one of its feet off and then proceeded to lie down next to it and start wrestling its more useless body parts, however it bit my arm and latched on firmly and I found i lacked the strength to pull away! after a few shakes that arm had been torn off, so i decided things were serious and used my axe again, however that got stuck in the ostrich and once again i lacked the strength to pull it out, the ostrich proceeded to bite onto my leg and shake it off too, and i eventually overcame it by strangling after sustaining many more bruises.
if you could draw anything in that mess that would be cool :)
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »

TO NEBLIME

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:29:59 pm by Nidilap »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4