Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9078 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Characters Chosen!
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »

ooooh. Then cauldron started later.
Or it's not the Wormverse?
Or, this is another Earth, which differs primarily in when Cauldron was established. "Earth Bay-ta"? Eh, eh?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Characters Chosen!
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2013, 08:56:41 pm »

OOC: Sorry for the wait. I just returned from school and when I was just about to compose a post, I was told that I was having dinner and a movie at my mom's boyfriend's house. Did I mention that Pacific Rim is a good movie?
No problem.
I've heard that it's the kind of movie that's great if you don't pay attention to the plot, which means I'd probably hate it. I'm probably seeing it tomorrow.

ooooh. Then cauldron started later.
Or it's not the Wormverse?
Or, this is another Earth, which differs primarily in when Cauldron was established. "Earth Bay-ta"? Eh, eh?
Or, this is as much an AU to Worm as the Marvel Cinematic Universe is?

Turn coming now that we've finally got all the turns!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Superpowers, Inc: Day 1
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2013, 10:49:42 pm »

((Ah, it's been so long since I've run a nice RtD turn...If only I had dice within a quick walk. It would feel so much more authentic.))

Tsk. Looks like it's time to throw crap at the wall and hope some of it sticks. Sounds like a pain.
...so there's me with some time to kill. Well, whatever. Let's get something cooking... but first pay the esteemed colleagues a courtesy visit. Now, what to put in... darts around somewhere?

Minor action #1: Go out and post an ad or two to rake in a few volunteers. To be specific, it'll be an ad claiming to be written by aliens who wish to study a few human specimen. Come to a certain place out of town by midnight... I'll need to arrange for someone to pick them up, too.
Minor action #2: Do a round of the block and familiarize myself with my colleagues. Ain't like they got things to hide yet, after all, so now's the best time.
Major action #1: Mix X-Radium, Gold and Rose, dubbed Glitterlance A.
Major action #2: Mix Holly, Gold and Rose, dubbed Glitterlance B.
[6] You create an ad and set up a pickup. Specifically, a pickup truck and a lot of chloroform.
You chat with the others. Nice to be friendly.
Mixes made.
Frederick heads down to the out-of-town motel, where [2d6=6] people are milling about, chatting and exchanging theories. There's small family, a young Hispanic man, an old man, and a kid. Not a terrible haul, but thank goodness you brought all the chloroform...[4-1] You manage to get half of them--the kid, the old guy, and the young man--but the family escapes. [6-2] Some quick driving manages to nab them, as well. You think you might have been noticed, however.
You're gonna need more formula.

Major Action: Get acquainted with the base, it's facilities and personnel.  Introduce myself to anyone who looks like they can get me places.  And my fellow players, of course.  See if animal testing goes on anywhere and if so whether the animals are available to borrow.  Find and claim the most secure lab space there is, preferably one that keeps test subjects separated from me by a strong partition and has contingencies to put down anything nasty.
Major Action: Go out to town and search for any place where animal testing goes on, or a homeless shelter.  Also if I see any homeless people or drug addicts, people who aren't likely to be missed, persuade them to come with me with promises of food, shelter and safety.
Major Action: Mix anise, holly, newt, rat and snake extracts.  Label it "Organic Extract Mixture #1".

You chat with most everyone else.
There are currently no animal testing facilities, but you could requisition some critters. The results would be harder to test and such, however.
[3] You get one homeless guy to come with.
You mix up a new mixture.

Inconsequential:
-Locate prime lab space and secure serum testing chamber, lay claim.
Major 1: Mix Gold, Holly, and X-Radium. Serum GHX-001, "Midas Day".
Major 2: Go to town. Recruit a test subject, preferring individuals who will--for one reason or another--probably not be missed. Flatter, praise, seduce, whatever is necessary. The order of the day is duplicity.
Major 3: Full regimen of testing serum GHX-001 on the subject.
Inconsequentials:
-Obtain 1 bottle vodka.
-Obtain 1 serving of prepackaged borscht.
-Place requisition for whichever of the following is available: a motor-driven top, a resin statuette of Suzaku Kururugi, or a tornado in a bottle.
-Ignore my co-workers.

"Hmf. The Cossack Spin may yet become a reality."
You snag a lab and begin work.
[3] You find a homeless tween. She is glad to be able to have a home, as far as you can tell.
Much to Subject 8's surprise, she grows a pair of antennae, made from three bony-but-skin-covered rods each, sticking from her forehead. She becomes more surprised when the antennae begin to emit smoky darkness.
You celebrate this with vodka and borscht.
(Are you sure you want to spend your Requisition points on that?)

minor #1 - Take a good look at both versions of the map of the facility. Then read the Technical whatchamajiggers in my office/lab.
minor #2 - Get acquainted with the other employees of the facility, anyone who is in Dr. Gott's inner circle and such.
Major #1 - Go to a bar(not the one he works at), find someone who has questionable morals and convince him to come with you to gain super powers in exchange for a 3000 hours of service, or, 1 year. which ever is shorter.
Major #2 - Mix Apolipoprotein Z, Rat, Rose, Serpant, and Newt together and name it Biofluid
You join an informal mixer, which about half the lab is attending.
[4] You find a nice woman, perfectly willing to become a superheroine. She is perfectly willing to watch you mix a formula.

"Well, I'll be in the library if anybody needs me. I want to get our groundwork done first."
Major action:Go to the library, open up my laptop, and research the various ingredients already here. Look up their religious signifigance, cultural signifigance, conventional uses, locations of origin, any association they have with supers, and so on. attempt to find a pattern or at least provide a rough estimate of what powers/effects they seem to be associated with. make copies of my work available for everyone. If anyone wants to talk to me, that will be when I'm easiest to find.
Minor action: Do my daily practice session with my abilities in one of the test areas.
Minor action: Go out into town and attempt to establish some contacts. make myself known and just generally be friendly. make sure the locals don't think I'm some kind of monster.
Major action: after I've spent a while meeting and greeting, begin recruiting. try to find willing and interested people for testing. be pretty open and honest about what I'm doing, and do mention the risk of things going wrong, but don't focus on it. Be willing to demonstrate my own power as long as it is in a safe, controlled way, and take advantage of my appearance to help guide the topic where I want. Attempt to record potental testee's: Name, contact information, physical description (gender, hair and eye color, estimated height and weight, if they need corrective lenses, general physical fitness, any noteworthy conditions or whatnot that they mention), current career, what their preferred superpower set would be, and why they want superpowers.
The ingredients are either mutagens, radioactive materials, or materials associated with various mystical properties. All three, especially the former two, are often claimed as an "origin" for superhumans; you wonder about the magical ones, though. They never seem to be substantiated. A quick check on Subject 8 makes you question the utility of mystical explanations, as neither gold nor holly are associated with either antennae or darkness.
You get a chance to practice and chat with the townsfolk. [5+1] You are an instant hit; everyone seems to enjoy your presence, you make many friends, and one (rather drunk) guy even proposes! He'll probably take it back in the morning, but he may never live it down.
[6+1+1] You are swarmed with potential subjects. There's no way you could test all of these guys, girls, and children.

"...I'll be... In my office then... Do we have any Phosphorus?"
Major: Mix together a Three part formula: Two parts Serpent, one part gold. Dub it "Gold Drake Forumla"
Major: Try and lay claim to a lab that can be deemed easily secured and that also has access to equipment needed to create and test formulae.
Minor: Go to the town and have a quick look around, see if I can't find places where I can commonly find poverty-stricken congregation areas.
Minor: Once I return, request that a shipment of Phosphorus, both White and Red be delivered to the lab.
You snag a lab and make a formula.
The town isn't big enough for a real slum area, but there are definitely homeless people. Several fewer, now.
[4-1] You can get a few units for some Requisition.

Subturns:

Remalle--Do you want to requisition animals? (Check the second post for prices.)
Flying Dice--Do you want to requisition stuff?
Lenglon--How are you going to sort these guys into a feasibly testable number?
jetex--Are you willing to spend Requisition for some White and/or Red Phosphorous?

Keep in mind, you can share formulas and subjects.

P.S. Test results for Subjects 2-9 will be added later, when I have a better method than the D&D Dice Roller to generate stats. Some average results? Great. All stats right in the middle? Nope.

EDIT: It's HOW LATE?!? Good God, I spent about two hours on that update! Hopefully it won't take as long when I'm not writing up new subjects/formulas...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Day 1!
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 11:00:37 pm »

((Your abbr tags are broken in the second post of the thread))
EDIT:
((here is what it should say. I used --- where you had no appropriate text for the abbr tag to be attached too.))
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
((oh, and, um, I don't think I have "Powerkinesis", I'm pretty sure it's "Pyrokinesis"))

((switching colors from red to mediumorchid to avoid overlap, I didn't notice that red was already in use earlier.))
"Oh... wow. I... Thank you! I didn't expect so many interested volunteers. Thank you all so much! I feel very honored. Um, there's no way I can test all of you, but how about this. I'll copy down everyone's contact information, along with a short summary of yourselves, and I'll call you as soon as I'm ready. Ok? Oh, and um, I'm not the only person I know researching this stuff. If any of you are willing to let me refer you to one of my colleagues if they have an opening for you before I do, then let me know and I'll mark it in your entry in my contacts list. Thank you all so very, very much!"
Rather than bring them all to the facility with me, simply write down contact information for them along with a description of them and if they're willing to be referred to someone else if it'll give them powers faster. as I need test subjects I'll look through my contacts list and call up volunteers matching the description I want for whatever test I'm doing.
Keep law enforcement and emergency first responders on a special list. do not use them for normal testing or hand out their contact info without specifically mentioning it. I want to make sure that they get a good power-set.

At breakfast, with whoever else happens to be there at the time: "Ok then, today I guess I'll focus on filling in the gaps in what people are testing, so that we can at least guess where in the list something that we're looking for is. Oh, and um, I ended up with a ton of volunteers for testing when I went recruiting earlier, if anyone needs test subjects let me know, ok?"
Insignifigant action: review the lab equipment and see if all ingredients are added at the same time. (does the order we list them in change the serum any?)
Major action: Mix Polyfuran, Aligned Marble, N-Methylanisidine, Alphium, and Canadium. Name the result I-1 (if people want to talk to me, then it'll probably be easiest at this time)
Minor action: Quickly test I-1 upon an emotionally well balanced adult.
Minor action: Continue to perform my daily practice routine with my flame abilities
Insignifigant action: chat with some of my new friends in town over the phone
Major action: Mix Cinquefoil, Alkaline Bromine, Anise, Anthrapyrene, and Arsenic Bromide. Name the result I-2
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:17:24 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2013, 12:37:42 am »

Subturn: Requisition 1d6 lab rats.  Try and get at least one male and a few females if possible.

To Irine: "Hey there!  Irene, right?  Did I hear you've got some spare test subjects?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:39:42 am by Remalle »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2013, 12:43:48 am »

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, When I went to town earlier, I ended up swarmed with volunteers! The people there are really nice! do you need help finding someone to test on? Several of the said they were ok with working with someone other than me if I referred them and all."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2013, 12:46:17 am »

"Yeah, yeah that would be great, I'm a little short on subjects at the moment.  Probably about... three would be ideal?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2013, 12:51:10 am »

"Sure, just a moment."
Irine flips through her contacts book and
Looks for three adults that said they would be okay with being referred to another researcher, and copies down their contact info for Will.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2013, 02:03:48 am »

...this ain't gonna be pretty. Kids, huh... Can't let them run after they've seen this, either... Well! Gotta play along now. Time to find a convincing alien disguise. All in the name of science.

Minor Action #1: Acquire convincing alien disguise. Put on convincing alien disguise, practice an alien voice (hammy, overly formal, strange pronounciation should do it)
Major Action #1: Full testing regimen of Glitterlance A on the young hispanic.
Major Action #2: Full testing regimen of Glitterlance B on the family's father.
Minor Action #2: Sneak out in the dead of night and create some crop circles in a field somewhere near the motel. In disguise.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2013, 02:10:12 am »

Mr. green goes to eat breakfast, looks at Irene and compliments her on how much she has her shit together and might use some of her testing procedures in his own work if she permits it.

Devise containment procedures if something goes terribly wrong.

And here comes the point of no return. It's either going to go horribly wrong, horribly right, or just meh. Mr.Green takes a deep breath because with his luck it's probably going to go horribly horribly wrong. He then performs a full range of testing for Biofluid on the female subject in *looks at map* testing room 4-C while standing behind blast windows and doors.

If something goes horribly wrong activate containment procedures.

If nothing goes horribly wrong, Mr.Green sticks orange peels slightly up his nose and does a little dance.

He goes to one of those over the top parties where everyone is drunk, high, or were hiding in a corner trying not to draw too much attention because they’re not entirly sure why they’re there in the first place. Then looks for more volunteers. This time, he does not give them a tour of his office on accident because they are good looking and instead asks for contact information.

Mr. Green posts the following on the employee public forum during lunch

space of all possible formulas stream of consciousness.

n = number of total types of ingredients
n = 31
(!n/!n-5)+(!n/!n-4)+(!n/!n-3)+(!n/!n-2)+(!n/!n-1)

= 21,172,411 possible formulas assuming we do not use an ingredient twice in the formula.

If we do there are no more than (n+1)^5 possibilities which in this case is 33,554,432 possibilities

If there is time in the day, He slaps some stuff in the mixer while talking to a potato.(Apolipoprotein Z, Gold, Radion,Anise,Alphium) He labels  it "Potato soup" after his new friend.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:17:59 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2013, 02:24:26 am »

Mr. green goes to eat breakfast, looks at Irene and compliments her on how much she has her shit together and might use some of her testing procedures in his own work if she permits it.
((Hello Mr Third Person, how are you?))
"Thanks! and sure, I'm totally fine with you borrowing my procedures. Let me know anytime you want the info."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:32 am »

Subturn: Red Phosphorus. Less likely to blow up in my face. :P

Major: If Phosphorus arrives today, add 2 parts to Gold Drake Formula, otherwise attempt to kidnap a Hobo.
Major: Mix another 5-part Formula: 3 parts Neptunium, 1 part Newt, 1 part Uranium Nitride. Dub "Azul."
Major: Look around my lab and see if I can't find ways to make it even more secure.
Inconsequential: Submit a request for one refrigerator be added to my lab, as well as some canned food.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2013, 07:56:23 am »

((Your abbr tags are broken in the second post of the thread))
((I was making the turn from 10 to midnight, cut me a little slack...))

EDIT:
((here is what it should say. I used --- where you had no appropriate text for the abbr tag to be attached too.))
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
((oh, and, um, I don't think I have "Powerkinesis", I'm pretty sure it's "Pyrokinesis"))
((Thank you. Although the textless abbrs were intentional; I've been using them for a while to store secret or semi-secret GM info. It's surprisingly useful, when I remember to close the tags.))

((switching colors from red to mediumorchid to avoid overlap, I didn't notice that red was already in use earlier.))
"Oh... wow. I... Thank you! I didn't expect so many interested volunteers. Thank you all so much! I feel very honored. Um, there's no way I can test all of you, but how about this. I'll copy down everyone's contact information, along with a short summary of yourselves, and I'll call you as soon as I'm ready. Ok? Oh, and um, I'm not the only person I know researching this stuff. If any of you are willing to let me refer you to one of my colleagues if they have an opening for you before I do, then let me know and I'll mark it in your entry in my contacts list. Thank you all so very, very much!"
Rather than bring them all to the facility with me, simply write down contact information for them along with a description of them and if they're willing to be referred to someone else if it'll give them powers faster. as I need test subjects I'll look through my contacts list and call up volunteers matching the description I want for whatever test I'm doing.
Keep law enforcement and emergency first responders on a special list. do not use them for normal testing or hand out their contact info without specifically mentioning it. I want to make sure that they get a good power-set.
They freely give out their contact info.

Subturn: Red Phosphorus. Less likely to blow up in my face. :P
Noted. Red phosphorous ordered.
Sig

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2013, 08:35:48 am »

(Should I post my regular actions along with my subturn?)

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2013, 09:20:25 am »

((Hello Mr Third Person, how are you?))
"Thanks! and sure, I'm totally fine with you borrowing my procedures. Let me know anytime you want the info."
((hehe Mr. First Person will be out of town for a while.))
Mr. Green nods
"That would be sweet! Send me an email with it when you get the chance."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:29:09 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9