Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9068 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Characters Chosen!
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 08:43:02 am »

Post edited. If that whole post's enough for one minor action, then sure, make it a minor one so that I can have it at midnight to welcome any guests. But otherwise... nah, I think that's enough for now.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 08:44:14 am »

You don't even want to mix your ingredients?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2013, 08:45:58 am »

I thought that was a major action? Oh, wait, you want me to post the entire day at once. Gotcha.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2013, 08:53:21 am »

Oops, thought I made that clear. Yeah, I intend to run each whole day at once.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2013, 09:08:00 am »

Major Action: Get acquainted with the base, it's facilities and personnel.  Introduce myself to anyone who looks like they can get me places.  And my fellow players, of course.  See if animal testing goes on anywhere and if so whether the animals are available to borrow.  Find and claim the most secure lab space there is, preferably one that keeps test subjects separated from me by a strong partition and has contingencies to put down anything nasty.
Major Action: Go out to town and search for any place where animal testing goes on, or a homeless shelter.  Also if I see any homeless people or drug addicts, people who aren't likely to be missed, persuade them to come with me with promises of food, shelter and safety.
Major Action: Mix anise, holly, newt, rat and snake extracts.  Label it "Organic Extract Mixture #1".
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:45:56 pm by Remalle »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 09:39:26 am »

Inconsequential:
-Locate prime lab space and secure serum testing chamber, lay claim.

Major 1: Mix Gold, Holly, and X-Radium. Serum GHX-001, "Midas Day".
Major 2: Go to town. Recruit a test subject, preferring individuals who will--for one reason or another--probably not be missed. Flatter, praise, seduce, whatever is necessary. The order of the day is duplicity.
Major 3: Full regimen of testing serum GHX-001 on the subject.

Inconsequentials:
-Obtain 1 bottle vodka.
-Obtain 1 serving of prepackaged borscht.
-Place requisition for whichever of the following is available: a motor-driven top, a resin statuette of Suzaku Kururugi, or a tornado in a bottle.
-Ignore my co-workers.

"Hmf. The Cossack Spin may yet become a reality."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 09:41:44 am »

Spoiler: sheet for waitlist (click to show/hide)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 09:47:54 am »

minor #1 - Take a good look at both versions of the map of the facility. Then read the Technical whatchamajiggers in my office/lab.
minor #2 - Get acquainted with the other employees of the facility, anyone who is in Dr. Gott's inner circle and such.

Major #1 - Go to a bar(not the one he works at), find someone who has questionable morals and convince him to come with you to gain super powers in exchange for a 3000 hours of service, or, 1 year. which ever is shorter.

Major #2 - Mix Apolipoprotein Z, Rat, Rose, Serpant, and Newt together and name it Biofluid

EDITED!!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:52:32 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:54 am »

((Why would you call a backstory optional when it clearly isn't if you actually want to get in? Oh well, I didn't read the part that says that you can provide one anyway. Anyhow, that's added now to my sheet, along with a particular detail on the power.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 10:52:46 am »

((Why would you call a backstory optional when it clearly isn't if you actually want to get in? Oh well, I didn't read the part that says that you can provide one anyway. Anyhow, that's added now to my sheet, along with a particular detail on the power.))
((I got in without a backstory. ;)))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

((That's true, I suppose. Luckily for me, though, I enjoy making characters slightly more than actually being in games, so it's all good.))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 12:06:18 pm »

PTW.
Will make a character sheet soon.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »

((Why would you call a backstory optional when it clearly isn't if you actually want to get in?
It was a criterion I used to guesstimate how much work had been put into the character. The backstory was a nice touch, and when you get double the intended number of people signing up, you look for those nice touches.
How would you have had me choose?
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 01:01:24 pm »

((To be honest, I wasn't expecting you to choose at all. You usually go with first-come-first-served, at least in my experience, and the OP didn't say anything to the contrary.

Not really saying there's any other way to properly gauge work, though. Very 'hidden test of character', though, sneakily saying that backstory's optional.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 01:02:58 pm »

There were kinda a lot of reserves. That really throws off the first-come part.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9