Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9069 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:40 pm »

Petition to name this secret organization Cauldron.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »

+1

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 10:44:57 pm »

Name: Randy Peters
Appearance: a tall, somewhat chubby, curly-haired man with a prominent handlebar mustache and really large nose. Dresses casually, prefers to wear t-shirts with silly prints on them.
Personality: talkative, loves playing the theremin and cooking, enjoys a good bit of science every now and then.

Talents:
Powered: Muse - people in the same room (or within a 10-meter radius, whichever is closest) as Randy tend to experience fits of unusual competence and bursts of creativity that are too consistent and repeatable to explain in any way other than superpowers. This does not apply to Randy himself, obviously, and he cannot control this power in any way. In addition, the power is unpredictable, and can sometimes provide seemingly useless revelations, such as an incredibly catchy tune that just won't get out of your head.
Silver-Tongued.

EDIT: added another detail. Also, didn't know we needed a backstory, or that this wasn't FCFS.

Optional Backstory: Randy is one of the few Nevadans who appears to have gotten his powers naturally - in fact, it was only recently that he found out that he had any. All his life, he thought he was just less competent than anyone else, which resulted in a bit of an inferiority complex. It was quite liberating when he found out, actually. Turns out he just makes other people work better through proximity, like some kind of good luck charm. As a result, he occasionally rents out his services to various businesses, hanging out in the workplace to increase efficiency - has a decent success rate, too. Now he's getting paid for doing nothing, mostly, though he has also taken up pretending to be a qualified scientist as a side job. Particularly since this latest job includes the opportunity to learn more about how to get even more powers to make money off of.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 10:28:25 am by Harry Baldman »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 10:46:00 pm »

+1
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 10:52:58 pm »

Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 11:25:32 pm »

My god,
Unproven formula? Monstrous almalglamations?
Super power?
HELL YES IM RESERVING
Name: doc Cion (si-on)
Appearance: tall and unremarkable, has a noticeable slouch and nearly completely white skin and carefully unkept hair.
Personality: brash and fast thinking, he has an odd habit of speaking almost without pause when he is excited, quick to trust and when he wants to, try's to be focused at the task at hand.
Talents:connected,null, silver tounged.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:48:59 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 02:33:21 am »

LET'S DO SOME SCIENCE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:37:50 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 05:59:53 am »

Well I was gonna make a char, but DAYYYYYM that waitlist now...:( I missed my chance.
Also was gonna go powered with theoretical character but JESUS FUCKBALLS EVERYONE HAS SUPAPOWAS!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 06:59:14 am »

I'll put a sheet up after school, I'm annoyed I missed this yesterday.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 07:05:19 am »

We appear to have eleven character sheets. This is almost twice the number of characters I intended to let in.

Anyways...

+1
+2
Man, you wish you were Cauldron. Cauldron's got like a five-year head start on you guys. Probably best not to tick them off. But who knows, maybe you can beat them to market the product.

Characters In:
Irine (Lenglon). As noted, that's great.
William Park (Remalle). He has a backstory.
Gary Johnson/Shade. Backstories are great. But why did I think Gary had one?
Walter Green (Scood). Yay backstory.
Frederick (Errol). Backstory.
James Braxton (jetex1911). Even if you don't have a backstory, you clearly put an above-average amount of work into the character.
Petra Kahler (Flying Dice). You seem like your character would be an...interesting addition to the mix.

Sorry to the others; I'll waitlist you. Scientists who are in, please submit your turns!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:25:35 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Characters Chosen!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 07:35:24 am »

So, I could have entered if I had made a backstory. Damn.

Well, de-waitlist me then, I don't know if I will be able to follow the game well.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:32 am »

De-Waitlisting.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 08:07:15 am »

Decided to make a backstory anyway...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 08:31:27 am »

Tsk. Looks like it's time to throw crap at the wall and hope some of it sticks. Sounds like a pain.

...so there's me with some time to kill. Well, whatever. Let's get something cooking... but first pay the esteemed colleagues a courtesy visit. Now, what to put in... darts around somewhere?

Minor action #1: Go out and post an ad or two to rake in a few volunteers. To be specific, it'll be an ad claiming to be written by aliens who wish to study a few human specimen. Come to a certain place out of town by midnight... I'll need to arrange for someone to pick them up, too.
Minor action #2: Do a round of the block and familiarize myself with my colleagues. Ain't like they got things to hide yet, after all, so now's the best time.
Major action #1: Mix X-Radium, Gold and Rose, dubbed Glitterlance A.
Major action #2: Mix Holly, Gold and Rose, dubbed Glitterlance B.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:47:33 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:13 am »

Anything else you want to do?
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9