Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9053 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Day 1!
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2013, 10:31:08 am »

(Should I post my regular actions along with my subturn?)
You can.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2013, 10:53:20 am »

Minor action: Bring the three new test subjects and 1d6 lab rats to my lab.  Divide the four human subjects I now have into two pairs, trying to have the parts of both pairs as different as possible (male and female, young and old, poor and well-off, etc.).
Minor action: Gather all the ingredients and lab equipment I can and bring them to my lab.
Major action: Mix Alphium, Canadium, Dubnium, Prometheum and Seaborgium.  Label the mixture "Radioactive element mixture #1".
Major action: Give one dose each of both my formulae to both members of both subject pairs.  Monitor them throughout the rest of the day.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Day 1
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2013, 04:08:58 pm »

(Are you sure you want to spend your Requisition points on that?)
((Never mind, I was intending something different related to the stuff that apparently became my supper.))

Congratulate Subject 8 on a job well done. Set up the testing chamber with recording equipment and ask her to experiment with her powers inside it, stopping if she ever feels uncomfortable.

Major 1: Mix Serum GHX-001b, "Burning Darkness", Midas Day mixed with Promethium.
Major 2: Mix Serum AB2C-002, "GoBro": Alkaline Bromine, Arsenic Bromide, and Gold.
Major 3: Go to town and talk as many people as possible into being test subjects. As before, aim for those with little to lose and those who will not be missed.

Check in with Subject 8, ask her if she likes her given name or wants to be called something else, feign interest in small talk. Ask her how her experiments with her powers went, wish her good night, and review the documentation from the test chamber monitoring devices.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »

By "given name," do you mean "Subject 8" or what her parents called her?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2013, 06:02:05 pm »

By "given name," do you mean "Subject 8" or what her parents called her?
The latter, Sharon whatever, as listed in the files. Incidentally, there's a dichotomy there: I address her by her name, but think of her and write notes about her as "Subject 8".

3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »

On second count, it looks like everyone's submitted a turn.

I'll account for this by starting work on the next. Once I finish a homework assignment. Because RL>B12.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »

Subturn, Remainder Of:
Subturn: Requisition 1d6 lab rats.  Try and get at least one male and a few females if possible.
You get unlucky; most of the lab rats don't make it to you. You do get an excellent stud for if you get a bunch of female rats.

At breakfast, with whoever else happens to be there at the time: "Ok then, today I guess I'll focus on filling in the gaps in what people are testing, so that we can at least guess where in the list something that we're looking for is. Oh, and um, I ended up with a ton of volunteers for testing when I went recruiting earlier, if anyone needs test subjects let me know, ok?"
Insignifigant action: review the lab equipment and see if all ingredients are added at the same time. (does the order we list them in change the serum any?)
Major action: Mix Polyfuran, Aligned Marble, N-Methylanisidine, Alphium, and Canadium. Name the result I-1 (if people want to talk to me, then it'll probably be easiest at this time)
Minor action: Quickly test I-1 upon an emotionally well balanced adult.
Minor action: Continue to perform my daily practice routine with my flame abilities
Insignifigant action: chat with some of my new friends in town over the phone
Major action: Mix Cinquefoil, Alkaline Bromine, Anise, Anthrapyrene, and Arsenic Bromide. Name the result I-2
The order does not matter. At least, not unless Gott's trolling you...but if he is, you might as well give up now. (Although I'd quirkily prefer if you listed them in alphabetical order.)
[3] You get an acceptably sane person to test I-1 on. No effect. Seems that you made an extremely potent ingredient.
You continue to improve pyrokinesis. Surely this will come in handy someday?
You mix some I-2.

"Sure, just a moment."
Irine flips through her contacts book and
Looks for three adults that said they would be okay with being referred to another researcher, and copies down their contact info for Will.
You do so.

...this ain't gonna be pretty. Kids, huh... Can't let them run after they've seen this, either... Well! Gotta play along now. Time to find a convincing alien disguise. All in the name of science.

Minor Action #1: Acquire convincing alien disguise. Put on convincing alien disguise, practice an alien voice (hammy, overly formal, strange pronounciation should do it)
Major Action #1: Full testing regimen of Glitterlance A on the young hispanic.
Major Action #2: Full testing regimen of Glitterlance B on the family's father.
Minor Action #2: Sneak out in the dead of night and create some crop circles in a field somewhere near the motel. In disguise.

[5] You manage to get an excellent, semi-animatronic alien costume. You think you could convince just about anyone that you are an alien.
Subject 04 does not react to the Glitterlance A.
Subject 02 becomes surrounded with a field of crackling yellow energy. You decide to test what it does...but how to do so safely...[1] Screwing it, you just punch the guy. He probably deserves it. Evidently, the energy disagrees; it shocks you, making your arm sting for hours. At first, though, you are a bit distracted by the quick vanishing of your nose. Maybe you should convince another test subject to punch the next subject with a weird crackling energy around them?
[5] You set up some ≡Crop Circles≡.

Mr. green goes to eat breakfast, looks at Irene and compliments her on how much she has her shit together and might use some of her testing procedures in his own work if she permits it.

Devise containment procedures if something goes terribly wrong.
And here comes the point of no return. It's either going to go horribly wrong, horribly right, or just meh. Mr.Green takes a deep breath because with his luck it's probably going to go horribly horribly wrong. He then performs a full range of testing for Biofluid on the female subject in *looks at map* testing room 4-C while standing behind blast windows and doors.
If something goes horribly wrong activate containment procedures.
If nothing goes horribly wrong, Mr.Green sticks orange peels slightly up his nose and does a little dance.

He goes to one of those over the top parties where everyone is drunk, high, or were hiding in a corner trying not to draw too much attention because they’re not entirly sure why they’re there in the first place. Then looks for more volunteers. This time, he does not give them a tour of his office on accident because they are good looking and instead asks for contact information.

Mr. Green posts the following on the employee public forum during lunch
space of all possible formulas stream of consciousness...

If there is time in the day, He slaps some stuff in the mixer while talking to a potato.(Apolipoprotein Z, Gold, Radion,Anise,Alphium) He labels  it "Potato soup" after his new friend.

Let's see...
Containment Procedures: I'll call this Inconsequential.
Test: Quick injection is a Minor Action; testing what it does fairly fully is Major.
Party: Let's call it Major, assuming you find and attend one.
...Yup, you will have time in the day.
[2] Containment procedures...containment procedures...Aha! "Keep them contained!" Nice and simple. That's the best kind of containment procedure! Nothing can go wrong! Granted, not much can go right either, but that's the price you pay for perfection.
The woman is a bit confused about all the precautions, but she takes the formula gladly (although she doesn't seem to believe you about what it does until she takes it). You don't recognize her at first, almost calling a security breach; you close the door and are about to report such when you remember that it was just Subject 09. Other powers manifest themselves once you get over the "Who is this woman?" problem; she can turn various parts of her body into various stuff, and clumsily control bugs within a couple dozen feet.
[6] You can't any party, so you decide to start one! It takes about ten minutes before you get arrested. Smooth.

Subturn: Red Phosphorus. Less likely to blow up in my face. :P

Major: If Phosphorus arrives today, add 2 parts to Gold Drake Formula, otherwise attempt to kidnap a Hobo.
Major: Mix another 5-part Formula: 3 parts Neptunium, 1 part Newt, 1 part Uranium Nitride. Dub "Azul."
Major: Look around my lab and see if I can't find ways to make it even more secure.
Inconsequential: Submit a request for one refrigerator be added to my lab, as well as some canned food.
I assume you mean two parts red phosphorous to one part Gold Drake? Let me know if this is wrong. While you're at it, let me know it Red Drake is not a name you want for it.
You mix some Azul.
[1] You decide to start by backing up your files online. Hm...maybe Google Drive would be good? Nice and simple, and hey--you can share them with all sorts of people!
For some reason, you get glared at when asking about the refrigerator. Huh, turns out that you accidentally shared the data with the world, and now have one day to undo or mitigate the damage before you get fired!

Minor action: Bring the three new test subjects and 1d6 lab rats to my lab.  Divide the four human subjects I now have into two pairs, trying to have the parts of both pairs as different as possible (male and female, young and old, poor and well-off, etc.).
Minor action: Gather all the ingredients and lab equipment I can and bring them to my lab.

Major action: Mix Alphium, Canadium, Dubnium, Prometheum and Seaborgium.  Label the mixture "Radioactive element mixture #1".
Major action: Give one dose each of both my formulae to both members of both subject pairs.  Monitor them throughout the rest of the day.

You get four more lab rats. Add these to the three new folks who Irine gave you, and you have a bunch of testing subjects!
(You can generally assume that "Get everything ready for my next action" is included in "Do my next action"; you don't need to waste time on it.)
You mix up some Radioactive Element Mixture #1.
The organic element extracts seem to do nothing. As for the others...ugh. Remind me to give you the test results on that ASAP.

(Are you sure you want to spend your Requisition points on that?)
((Never mind, I was intending something different related to the stuff that apparently became my supper.))

Congratulate Subject 8 on a job well done. Set up the testing chamber with recording equipment and ask her to experiment with her powers inside it, stopping if she ever feels uncomfortable.
Major 1: Mix Serum GHX-001b, "Burning Darkness", Midas Day mixed with Promethium.
Major 2: Mix Serum AB2C-002, "GoBro": Alkaline Bromine, Arsenic Bromide, and Gold.
Major 3: Go to town and talk as many people as possible into being test subjects. As before, aim for those with little to lose and those who will not be missed.
Check in with Subject 8, ask her if she likes her given name or wants to be called something else, feign interest in small talk. Ask her how her experiments with her powers went, wish her good night, and review the documentation from the test chamber monitoring devices.

Subject 08 seems cheerful enough, for a child who just got a major deformity. (That is to say, she's a bit gloomy.) Thankfully, she seems to have struck up a friendship with Subject 06.
You mix those formulas.

This is an unexpected amount of work. Would anyone mind if I ended this game with an inquiry and restarted it as a suggestion game?
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »

Oh, almost forgot, Subturns.

Errol: Do you intend to keep testing 02? You have time.
Scood: You were arrested for being drunken, disorderly, and whatnot. How do you deal with this?
Remalle: Make sure I run those tests.
FD: I should probably do some more RP. Why don't we do that with a subturn?

And could everyone clearly mark next turn's actions?
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2013, 08:19:45 pm »

This is an unexpected amount of work. Would anyone mind if I ended this game with an inquiry and restarted it as a suggestion game?
I originally thoght (before reading the thread) that this was going to be a suggestion game.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2013, 08:27:41 pm »

It would have been if I had guessed it would be half this much work.
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2013, 08:39:42 pm »

((Go ahead and do what you think is best for the players. I would rather play a game that doesn't risk over working the GM and getting abandoned))

Subturn: Try to convince the officer to let him go and promise not to go this far again. [silver-tongue]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:42:17 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »

[1+1] This does not make things worse.
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2013, 08:45:05 pm »

subturn: Ask the officer what options he has as far as getting out of jail are.
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2013, 08:51:23 pm »

[5] Community service. It shouldn't take more than a few days. (10 Major Actions.)
Or you could go to jail over the weekend. (3 days)
Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2013, 08:56:50 pm »

((Suggestion game works for me. If you want to continue I'll post my next turn, otherwise I'll head over to that thread whenever it's up.))

Subturn: Get up early, meet Subject 8 for breakfast in the common mess hall. "Good morning, Sharon. I'm glad to see that you're fitting in well here. I know that we have another... volunteer around your age, have you met him yet?"

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9