Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9079 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Characters Chosen!
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2013, 01:07:28 pm »

There were kinda a lot of reserves. That really throws off the first-come part.

((Isn't that the entire point of reserving?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2013, 01:09:25 pm »

((Seems pretty cheap, IMHO. Just typing "Reserve" always bugged me; at least put a skeleton of a character sheet into the mix.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »

((When I reserve I fill the thing in five minutes or less. I just do it in case it is first-come-first-served and someone types faster than me))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2013, 01:16:30 pm »

((When I reserve I fill the thing in five minutes or less. I just do it in case it is first-come-first-served and someone types faster than me))

((Similar here, except I do it in about half an hour or a bit more. I started reserving when there was a situation where I took 20 minutes to fill out a sheet only to find that the player list had filled out by then. And I hate posting an unfinished sheet.

Anyhow, I'll stop derailing now.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2013, 01:33:31 pm »

((Why would you call a backstory optional when it clearly isn't if you actually want to get in? Oh well, I didn't read the part that says that you can provide one anyway. Anyhow, that's added now to my sheet, along with a particular detail on the power.))
((I got in without a backstory. ;)))
((my char sheet was the most sparse of all of them at first.))

"Well, I'll be in the library if anybody needs me. I want to get our groundwork done first."
Major action:Go to the library, open up my laptop, and research the various ingredients already here. Look up their religious signifigance, cultural signifigance, conventional uses, locations of origin, any association they have with supers, and so on. attempt to find a pattern or at least provide a rough estimate of what powers/effects they seem to be associated with. make copies of my work available for everyone. If anyone wants to talk to me, that will be when I'm easiest to find.
Minor action: Do my daily practice session with my abilities in one of the test areas.
Minor action: Go out into town and attempt to establish some contacts. make myself known and just generally be friendly. make sure the locals don't think I'm some kind of monster.
Major action: after I've spent a while meeting and greeting, begin recruiting. try to find willing and interested people for testing. be pretty open and honest about what I'm doing, and do mention the risk of things going wrong, but don't focus on it. Be willing to demonstrate my own power as long as it is in a safe, controlled way, and take advantage of my appearance to help guide the topic where I want. Attempt to record potental testee's: Name, contact information, physical description (gender, hair and eye color, estimated height and weight, if they need corrective lenses, general physical fitness, any noteworthy conditions or whatnot that they mention), current career, what their preferred superpower set would be, and why they want superpowers.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:39:34 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2013, 01:40:10 pm »

((I mostly reserve as an definite interest check/mental bookmark. It can take a bit of time for me to get a suitable character idea - for example this game I went through two sheets I mostly discarded because they were way too scrupulous. That's an extreme but you get the idea.

Also so far I have a pretty perfect record for getting in when FCFS is off. :D ))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2013, 01:45:42 pm »

((I like your style lenglon))
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2013, 01:49:05 pm »

((I like your style lenglon))
((hehe, thank you!))

((Similar here, except I do it in about half an hour or a bit more. I started reserving when there was a situation where I took 20 minutes to fill out a sheet only to find that the player list had filled out by then. And I hate posting an unfinished sheet.

Anyhow, I'll stop derailing now.))
((It takes me several hours to create a character, I have many premade ones I keep in reserve as a basic template (including Irine), but it takes me hours to fill in how they fit into that specific setting. case in point, look at when I posted the basic skeleton for my character, and when I edited in the rest of it. My character in ER took me a week to design because she was brand-new, and I wasn't working off a template for her.

and yes, I know that my character sheets are rather sparse for the amount of work I put in. I spend most of my work on visualizing details and any personality quirks I test out myself to get a very literal "feel" for how I want them to work, as well as working out how they would handle stress, sorrow, joy, etc.))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 02:19:21 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 02:47:10 pm »

I believe we are still waiting on jetex.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »

I just realized that this is set in the early 90's
...............___@@@__                  

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:02 pm »

Scood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2013, 03:10:30 pm »

ooooh. Then cauldron started later.
...............___@@@__                  

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2013, 03:23:38 pm »

This is still in the same universe where things split off from normal earth around the 1980s, right?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2013, 08:22:30 pm »

ooooh. Then cauldron started later.
Or it's not the Wormverse?
Sig

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2013, 08:34:37 pm »

"...I'll be... In my office then... Do we have any Phosphorus?"
Major: Mix together a Three part formula: Two parts Serpent, one part gold. Dub it "Gold Drake Forumla"
Major: Try and lay claim to a lab that can be deemed easily secured and that also has access to equipment needed to create and test formulae.
Minor: Go to the town and have a quick look around, see if I can't find places where I can commonly find poverty-stricken congregation areas.
Minor: Once I return, request that a shipment of Phosphorus, both White and Red be delivered to the lab.

OOC: Sorry for the wait. I just returned from school and when I was just about to compose a post, I was told that I was having dinner and a movie at my mom's boyfriend's house. Did I mention that Pacific Rim is a good movie?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9