Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9048 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2013, 11:54:40 am »

Let's see...jetex, Lenglon, Scood, and Errol have submitted actions. Flying Dice and Remalle still need to.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:00 pm »

(I'll get on it.  I thought this was becoming a suggestion game.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2013, 12:12:55 pm »

I was considering it. I'm going to run a few more turns.

Or until jetex gets the whole thing blown open to the press. Either or.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:09 pm »

((composition of IA-1 changed to include OEM1))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2013, 01:40:51 pm »

Major 1: Recruit people. Try to appear nicer this time.
Major 2: If successful, test Serum GHX-001b on one of the new subjects. If no new recruits are available due to failure in M1, approach Subject 8 about the matter. If she accepts, test on her.

"Hello, Sharon. I hope you're feeling well. I've made some modifications to my formula; will you test it and see if there are any changes?"

Major 3: Test Serum AB2C-002 on another new subject, if one is available.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »

(Actually, I think I'll just wait 'til the suggestion game happens.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:15 pm »

(Actually, I think I'll just wait 'til the suggestion game happens.)
Alright. We have a spot for a waitlister.

...I'll start working on the turn this evening.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2013, 02:29:04 pm »

Spoiler: Data (click to show/hide)
Theory: each formula has multiple possible "sets" of results, which "set" a person receives is determined by their personality.
Post this to the office board.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »

Frederick slaps a coffee-stained scrap onto it in response. "Not the worst idea, but needs more sets of data. Try using known serums, like Glitterlance B - you can use my stash if you want."

"Another interesting mixture would be just Gold and Holly. Since we have two proven serums that build onto it. Data's sparse but suggests the conjecture that Holly has empowering properties, as Gold/Rose/Holly is a serum, Gold/Holly/X-Radium is a serum, Gold/X-Radium/Rose is not. It's a trivial conclusion, but whether a mixture empowers or doesn't empower does not depend on the subject."

((GreatWyrmGold, your acronym tags in the subject list are broken.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2013, 06:42:19 pm »

Petra tacks her own note in place.

Hence, my own trials. I am going to attempt to isolate gold as an active agent. Additionally, one path to progress is to examine the effects of new additions to formulae with known properties. I suggest that we focus on pinning down the effects of ingredients by mixing multiple serums with a single common ingredient and searching for a shared effect. Once we have a pool of know effects, we should be able to create serums to order.

Also, must investigate effects of application of multiple serums to the same subject.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2013, 08:05:59 pm »

Also, must investigate effects of application of multiple serums to the same subject.
((Please do. It's been pretty quiet around here.))
Sig

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2013, 09:20:16 pm »

I really hope we don't end up with an Echidna-like event petra. posts Mr.Green referencing a movie he once watched.

((my character is the least scientist like scientist here apparently))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:26:10 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2013, 09:36:29 pm »

Man, movies in this world must be awesome.

And don't worry, I'm about to get to work on the turn.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2013, 11:01:47 pm »

((GreatWyrmGold, your acronym tags in the subject list are broken.))
Again? Ugh...maybe I should just give you the raw numbers.
...Actually, that sounds pretty good. Not like you won't find them anyways.

"...I DID WHAT?!"
MAJOR: GET THAT GOOGLE DRIVE DELETED.
Inconsequential: Verbally berate yourself as you do both of the first major actions. You are not doing something that unbelievably stupid again.
MAJOR: Hack into Google's database, after bouncing my signal plenty of times, and after taking all precautions possible, and make sure it is deleted. Delete it if it isn't already.
Major: Attempt to recruit a homeless person as a Subject peacefully, and if that doesn't succeed, take them by force.

Yes, 2 parts Red Phosphorus added to the Gold Drake Formula, but I was hoping to just add it to the original formula, not make a new one.

((As long as the game keeps going, I don't mind.))
[1] You somehow e-mail the information to a bunch of news networks, governmental agencies, and so forth. It gets CC'd to Dr. Gott.
Your attempts to further halt the damage are interrupted by Stormwolf. You are dead.
((Well, we have the first loss. But don't worry; there's a fair chance that this place will get a raid shortly and the game would end anyways.))

Non-turn stuff:
That's how adding stuff to other stuff works. What, did you expect to turn the Gold Drake formula into a bomb?
And it would probably be a new scientist in the same continuity.

Upon hearing about the results of the Glitterlance B test:
"Wow, I need to be careful about my testing procedures. I wana keep my nose. I think I might want to recruit some help here."
Major action: go through my contacts list and try to find someone to recruit as a lab assistant. I need them to be a trustworthy, cautious adult with a sense of morality and who I can get along with. I'll keep them in the loop regarding how the research we're doing is going, and whenever they feel ready, I'll let them pick exactly what serum to use on them. essentially meaning that they're going to get to pick and choose their own superpowers. Their primary duty is going to be testing the serums I'm making on other subjects, until they feel ready to pick their own serum.
Minor action: Continue to perform my daily routine of training with my flame manipulation abilities.
Insignifigant action: request for <name of lab assistant> to thoroughly test I-2 on <name of subject-10>.
Insignifigant action: be nearby when <name of lab assistant> begins testing I-2 on <name of subject-10>, in case <name of subject-10> becomes hostile (microturn request in that case). leave <name of lab assistant> to it once <name of lab assistant> seems safe.
Major action: mix Glitterlance A, Holly, I-1, and OEM1. Name the result IA-1
Minor action: Put in some extra training with my flame abilities today, after my work is done, as a way to relax. invite <name of lab assistant> to watch (hopefully knowing that I'm looking out for her will make her feel safer) and ask them to tell me how the testing of I-2 went while I practice.
[6] You locate an excellent individual. He is skilled, brilliant, and so forth. He's certainly fascinated with your work. You can't see anything wrong with him at all. He is registered as Subject 14.
You feel like you've reached about as far as you will ever get with simply practicing flaming in an empty, fireproof room.
You mix some IA-1.
As for Charlie, your assistant, he tests on Jana, Subject 10. She begins excreting salty water from every pore. Normally, the water soon evaporates into mist that dissipates quickly; if focused on, however, the water stops doing so and starts collecting. When the water collects in a large quantity, it begins to have odd types of algae and weeds grow in it. Hm...

all major actions = community service

minor: Mr.green talks to what's her face. I mean subject 9.

He greets her with the biggest grin on his face and a orange peel in his mouth.
"Told ya so."
((What's the context? I forget what you told her.))
Secret action: [6] You lead a bunch of criminals to the base. Turns out, some of them were supposed to go back to jail. The police are not amused...you have another court date tomorrow. They intend to figure out what crime that technically falls under by then, noting that this is an unusual case.

Righto... first, keep testing #2 by throwing a softball at him, then a burning piece of paper. Do ask #2 to turn the field off as well, and have him try to interact with objects. Also, ask #4 if he feels strange in some way.
Major action #1: Mix one part Cinquefoil and two parts Glitterlance B, dub the result Glitterlance B-01.
Major action #2: Full testing regimen of raw Holly on Subject #4 if he reports feeling perfectly normal. Otherwise, mix one part Glitterlance A and one part T-Quartz, dub it T-Glitterlance A.
Major action #3: Full testing regimen of Glitterlance B-01 on the old man and the random kid. CAUTIOUSLY.

"Also, cut it out with the 'got your nose' jokes. Seriously. I do not have time for your human silliness."
When you throw the baseball, an arc of energy strikes the baseball away and reaches for you. [1] You decided to throw it from a few inches from the subject, so of course it strikes you. Your legs suddenly get a few extra joints.
Burning the paper does not cause additional amusing mutations.

Glitterlance B-01 mixed.
Subject 04 reports feeling pissed. A brief interview confirms that he means annoyed and not drunk. You classify this as "perfectly normal". You mix some T-Gliterlance A.
(I'd appreciate if you'd use their subject numbers. Good RP, and more importantly I can find them easily.)
Subject 05 reports minimal issues, but subject 06 reacts poorly. As 06 is under emotional distress, and due to time constraints, you forgo full testing on 06 and focus on 05. 05's energy seems to cause physical changes, much like 04's. You discover a new ability: You can switch genders! You smack Subject 05 for unauthorized tactile tests before returning to your room to...experiment with your new ability. Yup, it does grant secondary characteristics...

Major 1: Recruit people. Try to appear nicer this time.
Major 2: If successful, test Serum GHX-001b on one of the new subjects. If no new recruits are available due to failure in M1, approach Subject 8 about the matter. If she accepts, test on her.

"Hello, Sharon. I hope you're feeling well. I've made some modifications to my formula; will you test it and see if there are any changes?"

Major 3: Test Serum AB2C-002 on another new subject, if one is available.
It's way too late...remind me to do it tomorrow.
Sig

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2013, 11:06:05 pm »

Who came out from the wait list?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9