Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!  (Read 9049 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Superpowers, Inc: Day 2!
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:31:46 pm »

Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Concept (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secrets or What? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Days (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weeks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: So You Need A Subject (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:27:00 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superpowers, Inc
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:32:33 pm »

Facility
Spoiler: Warehouse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Employees (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Database (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Requisition Data (click to show/hide)

Outside

Ely, Nevada
The town your facility is just outside of. 4,000 people and change, making it the largest city in the region. Yeah, Nevada's sparsely populated except for where there are a ton of people. It has a little museum, a historic hotel, and a few other things.
Spoiler: Ely Tarmy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:04:56 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »

Name: William Park
Appearance: Small, nerdy, unremarkable Korean man.  Usually wearing a lab coat because he forgets to take it off.
Personality: Willing to do what needs to be done to satisfy his curiousity.  Not necessarily evil, but unethical and amoral if necessary.
Talents:
-Null (1): Makes you unaffected by powers. Lucky? you.
-Silver-Tongued (1): +1 on rolls related to convincing people to do stuff. Useful for getting people to agree with you.
-Stealthy (1): +1 on rolls to sneak around. Helps with kidnapping potential subjects, avoiding the law, etc.
Backstory: A Michigan-born scientist who's been fascinated with superpowers since childhood.  He's willing to cross lines to know more.  Along with learning to manipulate people and sneak around where he shouldn't be, he developed a formula from superhuman blood that acts an antivenin of sorts, rendering him immune to direct uses of superpowers.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:29:26 pm by Remalle »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 08:48:32 pm »

Name: Petra Kahler
Appearance: 5'5", average build. Very short brown hair, high, thin brow, cloudy grey eyes, snub nose. Excessively slender fingers.
Personality: Cold, calculating, and distant with those who don't matter. Friendly and helpful with those who do. Tends towards verbosity and chatter, even when being cruelly dismissive.

Talents:
-Likeable (2): Makes Dr. Gott like you more.
-Silver-Tongued (1): +1 on rolls related to convincing people to do stuff. Useful for getting people to agree with you.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:48:52 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 08:56:29 pm »

Name: Irine
Appearance: Kitsune, nuff said. red-haired and shorter than average.
Personality: Whimsical, somewhat carefree but tries to respect others desires.

Talents:
Powered - cosmetic (kitsune) + flame manipulation
Silver-tonged

Editing in extra details.

Appearance: Human-ish female, red-haired, with brown eyes. 5' tall. has fox-like ears and a set of nine large fox tails, proportionally the correct size for a fox her size, meaning they're rather gigantic.
Personality: Rather whimsical, and a little absent-minded, and overall has a very playful nature. When she's distracted or worried, she tends to become quite jumpy, but normally has fun when people mess with her as long as it's nothing mean. Often moves with a bounce in her step and and occasionally behaves oddly just to have fun and play with people. Pretends to be more innocent than she really is, because it makes her feel safer and more at home. Generally acts rather carefree but contains no real malice, and will leave people alone if asked... most of the time.
Bio: When Irine heard about the opportunity to research how superpowers are generated, she quite literally jumped at the chance, abandoning her nearly-complete medical degree and caught a flight here as soon as possible instead. It seemed like the chance of a lifetime, and she firmly believes that this is going to be fun.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:11:28 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:08 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I hope this is alright. I kinda figured this might be interesting. If you wanna change anything, go right ahead. I'm not entirely sure how the rules governing everything works, so I dunno what traits should do to achieve the desired effect.

PS: I thought the physical change caused by the power would adapt him to being a scary, shadowy kinda figure who works in the shadows, while his resulting madness would make him think like that scary shadow.
Basically, the power is just there to make social interactions interesting, while the crazy is there to spice up his labwork.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:35:22 pm by Thecard »

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 09:02:13 pm »

Reserving too!

EDIT:

Name: Garry Johnson. Shade, just call me Shade.
Appearance: Aren't you seeing me? Well, I guess that having part of my dark hair covering my left eye doesn't help. And I'm just thin, not puny.
Personality: If your brain can handle the concepts, lets say that I have a mix of nihilism and misanthropy.

Traits:
-Connected (1): You know some locals already. This will help you negotiate in town.
-Stealthy (1): +1 on rolls to sneak around. Helps with kidnapping potential subjects, avoiding the law, etc.

Backstory (made out of a little bit of frustration for being lazy):
About my past? Well, my life has been like those of everybody. You know, divroced parents, an unfulfilled desire for acceptation, not being able to be with cool guys "because you're freaking weird". You know the drill. With the difference that while life generally throws a moderate amount of shit to the faces of every average Joe, I had like a shit magnet, you know. But nobody payed attention to me. Everybody just said "do not listen to him, he only wants to get you attention" and "he is not depressed, he is just a teenager". Damn psychologist, those cocky bastards that think they can know what someone is thinking. Damn everybody, they think that they can have a fullfilling life in this senseless thing we call reality. Assholes, everybody is an asshole. Yes, that includes you, birdbrain.
-(Interviewer) Sir, please calm down and abstain from insulting people.
-I will do what I fucking want when I fucking decide that I want it, idiot. The interview is over.
-Sir, I decide when the intervi-
-IT'S FUCKING OVER.
*Door slams*
[End of the recording]

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 09:02:49 pm »

Reserved. See you in about a day.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 09:12:12 pm »

Talents:
-Powered (2): You have a superpower! You can make a suggestion, but in the end I will be deciding what it is. I will be fair, I will try to grant your request, but don't abuse it!

Power request: Lively Speech: Able to create something from nothing and change something into something else by describing its qualities or the nature of the change. The greater the depth of description, the more accurate and useful the creation or change will be. Effects are reduced in quality by 50% if the description is mental rather than spoken aloud.

I'll leave it to you to decide how to balance it, in terms of hard limits on: size/volume, physical qualities, whether something like it already exists (conceptual vs. real), if temporary & local alterations are limited to things like making holes in walls, or if it can temporarily change physical laws, etc. I've already built one major drawback into it, in that it requires an extended "cast" time with verbal component to be very useful. I see two ways to balance it further: either allow more dramatic uses of it but impose a cap on use (basically require a mana-equivalent to cast), or make it freely usable but only with the less powerful applications. Or another route, if you have one.
I'm going to say no. Firstly, "The ability to make or change things by talking" is hard to balance, period. Secondly, the focus is supposed to be on your work as scientists, not on your own powers; the powers are supposed to be neat little quirks which a few of you might have.

Well, I was planning to let six in, we have one character, one needs-a-little-work character, and four reserves. As the only prepared character when we have enough, the first character, and the only non-reserve, Lenglon is definitely in.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »

Sheet already made! (edited my previous post)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »

>.>
<.<
Name: Lyle Hauser
Appearance: Average height, average length brown-ish hair, blue eyes. And glasses.
Personality: Kind, treats others with respect. Tends to curse a little when things go bad. Just a bit of a pervert.
Lyle is very Connected with people around town. He has a Silver Tongue and is surprisingly Burly for his average size.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:27:53 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 09:27:24 pm »

I have a question: Can we potentially add negative traits?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 09:48:03 pm »

-snip-
I'm going to say no. Firstly, "The ability to make or change things by talking" is hard to balance, period. Secondly, the focus is supposed to be on your work as scientists, not on your own powers; the powers are supposed to be neat little quirks which a few of you might have.

Well, I was planning to let six in, we have one character, one needs-a-little-work character, and four reserves. As the only prepared character when we have enough, the first character, and the only non-reserve, Lenglon is definitely in.
Fair enough. I'll shake things up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 09:56:31 pm »

ooooooh sci-fi perplexicon. reserving a spot

Name: Walter Green
Appearance: A bald man with a goatee
Personality: I think he is weird, but whatever

Talents: What makes you special? Three points to be spent on the following:
-Connected (1): You know some locals already. This will help you negotiate in town.
-silver tongue
-null

Was a well known bar tender He used to tell the grandest stories and all the regulars enjoyed them. Still works there as a source of recruitment.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:28:47 am by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 10:01:31 pm »

Using this space to reserve with.

Spoiler: James Braxton (click to show/hide)

If I am not allowed to use negative traits, then feel free to take out the power and negative trait and replace them with Null.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:55:28 pm by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9