Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 70845 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Carefully planned regicide (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

From under her cloak, maskwolf whipped her crossbow around, slamming it into the unknown dwarf.  As he/she fell backwards, Maskwolf shoved the loaded crossbow up under the dwarf's chin.

"Choose your next words very carefully, or this bolt goes straight into your skull."

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2014, 12:44:49 pm »

From the diary of baroness Monitor Lizard von Chamberdrums, Dame of the Order of Empress Daria:

"About five days ago I recieved a rather short note from one of my long-time aquaintances, Komodo Dragon. He informed me that he had discussed the situation with the most competent ringleaders. Our weaponry export turned out to be an effective way to start the unrest. Angry mob will soon overrun the streets of the Mountainhome, seeking for royal blood. The king will immediately travel to the safest place possible - to the loyal barony of Chamberdrums. Huh...

I decided to gather a meeting tomorrow to plan our further actions. First of all, we need to choose our new overseer. Grimmash said that he was tired of running this place - I understand him so much.

There is one more thing... If we manage to kill the king, what should we do next? A few years ago, I would have said "Leave this place" without hesitation. But now... It feels like I'm at home."

OOC note: Great story so far, Authority2! :)
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 19, 2014, 02:13:53 am »

"Empress" Daria just smirks a bit - a possibly unfortunate addition to our cabal is not an unplanned for event - why would she have been training dagger assassins, except to someday use as her own personal weapons?  Loyalty is made in the fires of devotion and devotion is formed from carefully molded dreams and deceptions.  Such a tool can be flexible, yet withstand generations of abuse if crafted properly.

What happens after the regicide?  What always happens? CONQUEST!

Birth, life, death, rebirth, the cycle is unending, so the death of one royal line precipitates the birth of a new one.  When the King falls under the gold and cheese, when his last breath is smothered under sumptuousness, in the chaos of the Mountainhomes: this is the fertile ground from which new authorities will arise!  We here in this small hame can then venture forth leading our carefully indoctrinated disciples to bring to glory the Living Gods.  Who but Deities Incarnate dare slay a king?  Our actions are our proof and the beliefs of those proofs shall bring us untold riches and power.  What do we do after slaying the King, you ask?  We seek immortality and reign for a thousand years.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:33:47 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 20, 2014, 12:21:32 pm »

28 Obsidian, 136
19:07

Nuckles limped over and used his crutch to put out the flames on the intruder's cloak.  Who could have found our secret meeting?  They better not be here to steal our drugs or treasures!!  Oh, Maskwolf looks ready to use that thing, I better back off to a safe distance...
Nuckles moves over to the side and gets his mace ready.  If that maniac starts a shooting spree, I'm gonna have to knock her out for a bit.
"Better get talking, if we find out you're working with the Kobolds a bolt in the skull will be the LEAST of your worries!"

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 20, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »

28 Obsidian, 136
22:45

From the diary of 'Authority2' Rockswad, Engraver

Dear Diary,
I'm starting a diary today because *whispers* tomorrow I'm going to be the new overseer! :D
So I thought, right, I want to write a book so everyone in the future will know the grand tale of my story, as the overseer who led, or I guess am leading (will lead?) Chamberdrums into a new age! Great, right?
Now you might be wondering how this happened.
A few hours ago, I got this creative itch. You know how dwarves sometimes get inspired, and they work all night and make legendary artifacts? I felt like the time had finally come for me! So I got out my chisel and went to one of the walls in the main corridor (so everyone could see it after it got done) and then I stared at the wall for ten minutes but it was a false alarm. What a downer. So I just half-heartedly engraved some crossbows and called it a day.
And then on my way to get a drink, I heard some noise from a side corridor I'd never explored. Not mining-noise either, it was fighting noise. So I opened the door.
Some dwarf was pointing a crossbow at another dwarf on the floor, another one was holding a mace threateningly, and the other four were on fire.
They all looked at me.
"What's happening?" I asked, coughing a little in the smoke. "Is she a separatist? Or a renegade?!"
Then they said they'd make me overseer if I promised not to tell anyone about this, and they showed me the baroness, who was on fire, and the previous overseer, who wasn't, and then they pushed me out and slammed the door on me.
I liked the one with the crossbow. You can always tell a dwarf by the weapons they carry.
Tomorrow begins my reign! I'm so happy.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 20, 2014, 05:49:47 pm »

Well that was unexpected. :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:06 pm »

Mind if I get dorfed in the next possible migrants, as the name of 'Grey Man' :P

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 21, 2014, 02:40:11 am »

Mind if I get dorfed in the next possible migrants, as the name of 'Grey Man' :P

Sure thing. I'll add you to the list.

Thing are going rather slow, I see. Any help required, Authority2?

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 21, 2014, 05:37:12 am »

It's because I learned of the hermit challenge and I had to try it out. I'm finished now though so it's okay :3 (she fell one storey from channeling her own tile, then broke an arm and somehow died from it)
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 21, 2014, 01:10:40 pm »

I think we need some criminal records for Authority and Grey Man so we can trust them.
Nuckles would be very suspicious of some "honest citizen" who just shows up.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 21, 2014, 01:43:13 pm »

"Authority2" hasn't been told anything, though. She's kept in the dark, like a plump helmet.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 21, 2014, 04:41:04 pm »

"Authority2" hasn't been told anything, though. She's kept in the dark, like a plump helmet.
But, and this bit is important, not eaten with relish or pulped and brewed into a syrupy wine.  Because that wouldn't be very tasty at ALL.

...I'm moderately certain...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 22, 2014, 07:07:18 am »

Time to write up an back story, WOOOO.

Diary of Zust,
121, Slate

Seem like today is the day I fight for the KING, the man who rise our people to glory and wealth, the man who shear weight bought us to this place and will guide it to the end for his or Mountainhome days, and I will be glad...
The local Commander has choose both me and my sister for the new squads to make sure that Mountainhome stay safe from what deify its glory, He was smaller them most of our kins here and seem like the high life has taken him with the fat he was carrying with him and barely look like he use that axe he carry with him...

Tomorrow, the training will begin and we will become ready for ANYTHING, be it goblins and other monster that will dare try to rise higher then that is us, DWARFS...

121, Limestone
Today I am put into my first real fight, not something an Dwarf forgets, as its is the first thing you remember, the first time your blood moves and you feel it pump into your vein's and show the gods that you are ready for anything...
But it was not an goblin or beast of unknown to us, but an drunk 'Ex-Hammer' Dwarf, he was at the meeting hall as I was eating, defiying words about our king and Mountainhome, I told the geezer to not speak about him and this place in such way and he told me "That an person that never seen blood spill onto the ground should learn what that Ol' Bag really dose for us', so i slam my fist into his face and knocking him down, with blood running down his nose and I answer...
'I am not just some Ol' bag and nether is the king, I am his sword and where he points me, I will attack, and if you dare try to think your are higher then him or me, as he lead us to where you choose not to face, and I will fight it for him, then you should bow to me and him, as we fight to keep our home safe and while your deify to help".
He look back to me and...Laughed... Saying "You may think that now, but as soon as you seem that...DWARF...You will see that he is not what you think he is, and you will become what I am, an broken Ol' man that has nothing for looking into an false truth".
Then he just walked away, smiling as he won an battle, but I will not fall for this false LIES about our king, he is only speaking such way to make me break and run away when i truly fight an real threat, not him and truly not the king...Right?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:23:16 am by Evilsx »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:24 am »

From the diary of baroness Monitor Lizard von Chamberdrums, Dame of the Order of Empress Daria:

"Un-friggin-beliavable! Yestarday during the meeting we managed to catch a spy in our ranks! Although I am still not sure if he is a spy or just a random dwarf passing by, we decided to hold him in captivity until the king comes. Actually, as we don't have any kind of law enforcers here, it was hard to choose the place where to put him. Daria said that our vampire mayor (Is he still a mayor?) would enjoy to have a new roommate, but I thought keeping this dwarf alive will be a better option for Chamberdrums, even though I want to shoot him in the leg. You know what? That asshole ruined my dress! My brand new giant spider silk cloak is now completely mangled! Now I'll have to wait until a caravan comes to buy a new one.

I was so irritated that, when a diplomat from the Mountainhome showed up, I said him to go f**k himself. He seemed a bit offened, so I decided to show him out adamantine stockpile. He quickly became friendlier, and then we discussed some things related to the king's visit.

It seems that Nuckles is up to something. Our mechanic claimed a brewery and hauled a bunch of large bags there. He's also wearing a strange robe with a crystal glass visor. I asked him what he was doing, and he told me he was "cooking". Cooking what? Obviously, something that the Mountainhome guards would not approve of. Also, it seems that Rough Rogue is giving him a hand, gathering different herbs and mushrooms and bringing them to his place."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:46:06 am by Monitor Lisard »

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 22, 2014, 08:33:02 am »

This part of the diary is burned, only small part remaining...

...Called to Vault...Sister was just sent to vault guard...Lasted words was "Fight for what is real...DEATH TO THE BITCH THAT...Blood for Blood, Family for Family...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44