Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 70717 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Chamberdrums besieged! (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2013, 07:51:34 pm »

I think there are three marksdwarves, I'll check when I'm doing the rest of my turn.

We have plenty of gold down in the mines and I've started digging out the rest of the vein that lizard found. Don't have the coal to smelt it yet and the undead are stopping us from collecting wood sadly, so my works are being slowed a bit. But I'm doing full gold for every room currently present, both dining and bedrooms. I'll include screenshots in my next update.

Wow.  Okay.  That is awesome.

1 Felsite
It seems that Grim is attempting to bribe us into complacency.  He claims that everyone in the fortress is going to get golden furniture for their new rooms.  Like I believe that.  All he cares about is his own prestige.  For Armok's sake, there isn't even any coke to smelt it with, much less to power the forges long enough to make the stuff.  It's a bribe, plain and simple, and easily seen as such by anyone who is looking at it.  Except the miner.  I never caught [his?] name, but [he?] is completely enamored with the idea.  Like most petty criminals, all he cares about is the shiny things.  Not me.  I am above them all.  I am not a criminal, I am a proud marksdwarf; they will never trick me into believing what they do.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »

Journal of Miner Firecrazy
Entry #10

It appears that Grim isn't just giving gold furniture, he is painting the entire bedroom in gold, including the dining room! Soon the mountainhomes will be jealous at the wealth we have accumulated, and eventually the king will come visit. I should start designing the blueprints for the Throne room trap, but I'm way too busy mining out the gold we found. I am also worried that with this new found wealth, goblins and kobolds will start looking our way, and the humans will try to bribe us to give them the fortress. I suggested to Grim that we need a bigger military, and more traps. Time to go mining out gold!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2013, 08:19:34 pm »

7 Felsite
I overheard the miner talking to Grim about defense today.  Apparently named FireCrazy.  Not sure I want someone with that name (nickname?) mining, but that's not my concern.  The undead still haven't left the area, unfortunate.  Perhaps I was wrong about Grim, he seemed very reasonable in proposing that everyone get gold rooms.  Perhaps... Just perhaps... he can live.  For now.  Just so long as he doesn't try to steal the glory of victory from me again.  All of this gold stuff he's promised us...  What am I saying!? Am I turning into one of them? Caring only for their material wealth?  What madness is this?  Grim stole the glory of killing the necromancer, made my accomplishments seem weak and paltry.  He MUST pay!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »

Journal of Grim, Broker and interim Overseer of Chamberdrums

1st Hematite
Our food stocks are rising steadily. We weren't using many of our fields for some reason. I've changed that, each is now dedicated to a specific crop and our first harvest is well on it's way to being ready. Sadly we have all but run out of gold bars now, though gold ore is plentiful.

Our bedrooms will need to wait to be finished I suppose. If we had coal our progress would be much better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

14th Hematite
That thrice damned necromancer doesn't know when to quit! It may be dead but now it lingers around the fort as a blasted ghost! I have asked Nuckles the fort mechanic to set up some additional traps at the entrance. I intend to open the fortress and destroy the blasted undead so that we can dispose of the necromancers corpse.

21st Hematite
It is with a sad heart that I report the death of one of our own. We opened the fortress and lured several of the dead inside, several were crushed by our rock traps or knocked down by the weapon traps Nuckles assembled, but there were several that got through, our militia stood bravely against them, but tragedy struck when one dealt Rufus a blow to the spine. He suffocated before anyone could assist him. A dozen of the vile undead were destroyed today, but the mood is still somber at Rufus's passing. I have asked the mason to prepare him a memorial slab and to meet me in the residences to discuss a fitting tomb for our departed friend.

Rufus will forever lie in a cave of glittering gold. We have lain him to rest in a coffin made of gold ore and turned his room into a golden tomb. What was once his dining room will now serve as a place for those who wish to mourn him to gather and read the slab erected in his memory.

11th Galena
Through a combination of traps, cunning and strength of arms we have vanquished the last undead. We have interred the necromancer in a coffin and erected a slab to mark her death. It stands in the courtyard, forever to lie in the unrelenting sun and wind.

15th Galena
Troubling events have transpired today. A goblin attempted to sneak into our fortress. His leg was broken by our stonefall traps and he tried to crawl away. His head was cut free by one of the militia. The presence of the creature disturbs me, where one goblin comes more are sure to follow.

18th Galena
I knew it! Two more goblins and a kobold have tested our defences! The goblins were easy prey for our soldiers, stunned as they were by our traps but the kobold managed to flee our wrath.

As I mentioned above, Rufus was killed in combat by a zombie.  :( After deliberating for a moment about whether or not to savescum it I decided to let it stand as it was and give him a really shiny tomb. I'll dorf someone in the next migrant wave to take his place if desired.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »

Do I have any kills? Also , what type of farming labors do I have enabled?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2013, 09:48:40 pm »

You've killed one zombie horse and one zombie human, and have tanning, milking and shearing active.

For the purposes of blatant bragging, I have killed one necromancer, three zombie goblins, two zombie kobolds and two zombie humans.

Lizard, who is serving as out third marksdwarf has no kills.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2013, 09:51:28 pm »

I will take the CMD! Just change the job title to "Follower of Mary Baker Eddy"
Bonus points if you know who that is without looking it up.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2013, 11:17:53 pm »

Journal of Miner Firecrazy
Entry #11

Rufus, an axedwarf, was killed by the undead when he took a blow to his spine while defending the fortress. May he rest in peace. We have entombed him in a gold coffin. On other news, as I had predicted, goblins and kobolds are sneaking into the fortress to try and steal it's wealth. I told Grim that we may expect an ambush within a year. Anyway, the thieves were easily killed by our stonefall traps and weapon traps. I continue to mine out precious gold. By the way... I'm probably imagining it but, I think i recognized one of those zombies that invaded the fortress.. Probably my imagination.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2013, 11:31:51 pm »

Submitting a request to have my dwarf lead a marksdwarf squad. As in an active duty one, not a reserve one. I'll write about it in character when I get to a computer. So probably tomorrow.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Marksdwarf Elite (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2013, 01:41:16 am »

The idea of rooms studded with gold sounds cool! Now we should save some ore and wait for traders to come - every piece gives us 4 bars of gold. You may also make gold coins.

You've killed one zombie horse and one zombie human, and have tanning, milking and shearing active.

For the purposes of blatant bragging, I have killed one necromancer, three zombie goblins, two zombie kobolds and two zombie humans.

Lizard, who is serving as out third marksdwarf has no kills.
Actually, as I used my dwarf for digging purposes, she might have no crossbow. In that case, give her one.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2013, 02:08:01 am »

From the diary of Monitor Lizard, mason:
Yesterday we lost Rufus. He was killed by zombies as we tried to break the siege. We were successful, but he got hit in the spine and suffocated. Rest in piece, Rufus. You were a brave soldier and a good dwarf.

Grim, who is our new leader, seems to be doing fine running the fortress. He completed some of the projects I started during my term of overseership. He also said he's going to stud our quarters with gold! Now we are talking. Maskwolf seems to be jealous of him because our overseer killed that necromanser himself. As for me, I'm glad that we have at least three good marksdwarves here."

OOC note: Good job breaking the undead siege!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:28:45 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2013, 04:34:16 am »

Is my dorf drafted or does he continue to memorialize all around on the walls of the fortress?
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2013, 03:29:02 pm »

From the diary of Maskwolf

18 Galena
I cannot stand this place.  All of the dwarves are so happy, like exile was the best thing that ever happened to them.  Every day that bastard Grim comes by yelling at me to haul crap around the fortress.  I'm sick of putting up with his carp, but the only way I don't have to relies on him.  Today I asked him to build an archery range to train a squad of full-time marksdwarves for defense.  He looked at me briefly, said "I'll think about it." and walked off.  Bastard.

There must be some way I can get rid of him.  He stole my glory, he stole my job, and he will pay for every offense with agony when the time comes.  But for now, I must bide my time, hope that he steps down and fades from view.  Then, I will strike.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2013, 07:24:47 pm »

Is my dorf drafted or does he continue to memorialize all around on the walls of the fortress?

You aren't drafted but I've not been doing much engraving.

EDIT: I've decided that to avoid the lack of charcoal being a big problem I'll make some furniture out of gold nuggets to furnish the rooms and leave the full conversion for when I can get some wood. The undead seem to have prevented any migrants or caravans in spring and summer.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:04:28 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Blenheim Datandur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »

Holy shit, this looks epic and has made me want to start playing DF again. Could I maybe be dorfed when a migrant wave comes in?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44