Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll about a possible Indie nuclear submarine simulator

I'd buy such a game if the price is reasonable
- 8 (50%)
I'd not buy the game, since it would have no 3D graphics.
- 0 (0%)
I'd support the game within the Steam Greenlight program
- 8 (50%)
I have no interest at all in such a game
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: February 08, 2014, 07:17:44 am

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Submarine Simulation, set in the cold war  (Read 4341 times)

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Submarine Simulation, set in the cold war
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:54:15 am »

I'm currently writing a submarine simulator, set in the cold war...it is in its very early stage, nevertheless there are some videos and blog posts about it

http://cwssinfo.blogspot.com/

Thought, I share this here if somebody has interest and wanna give feedback :).
"No matter what you or anyone else does, there will be someone who says that there's something bad about it. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there's somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, "Oh, you can't do that..."

-Tom Clancy

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Submarine Simulation, set in the cold war
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 09:13:00 am »

PTW and see where it goes.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:42:15 pm »

PTW.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:08:02 am »

PTW

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 05:29:27 am »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

PTW. I loved the Red Storm Rising game, and WWII sub sims like Silent Service.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 07:18:33 am »

Hi people,

you would do me a favor if you take some seconds and vote in the (newly) attached poll.

Thanks!
"No matter what you or anyone else does, there will be someone who says that there's something bad about it. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there's somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, "Oh, you can't do that..."

-Tom Clancy

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 07:32:04 am »

Fantastic!  This is a project that I was hoping to do myself a few years down the road after I'd worked through a few other items on my to-do list.  Red Storm Rising was such a wonderfully conceived game; the tactical and strategic elements seemlessly flow together to make something that is works so well.  I don't suppose I could contribute to this project?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 08:21:44 am »

Fantastic!  This is a project that I was hoping to do myself a few years down the road after I'd worked through a few other items on my to-do list.  Red Storm Rising was such a wonderfully conceived game; the tactical and strategic elements seemlessly flow together to make something that is works so well.  I don't suppose I could contribute to this project?

Never say never :). Currently, it is too early but you may send me a PM if you want to say in contact. RSR was indeed a wonderful game but it should not be a direct clone. I was a little brainstorming if the strategic map could not be of much more importance...more having a (turn-based) boardgame approach including much more ideas of Tom Clancy's fantastic novel ...so a mix of game genres similar like X-Com UFO but vice versa (strategic: turn-based, tactical (submarine) battle: real time).

-Tom Clancy

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 05:32:23 pm »

What language are you using, btw?  I've been doing mostly python lately but I need an excuse to learn more C++ and would at least consider learning anything else you need.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 01:48:44 am »

What language are you using, btw?  I've been doing mostly python lately but I need an excuse to learn more C++ and would at least consider learning anything else you need.

It's c#/.net....

-Tom Clancy

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:51:18 am »

Will there be playable Soviet Navy submarines (assuming that you'll command an American submarine by default)?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 12:37:49 pm »

Will there be playable Soviet Navy submarines (assuming that you'll command an American submarine by default)?

would be a possibility, yes...the strategic part would be a problem, since you cannot implement this so generic like different submarines...

-Tom Clancy

hawkeye_de

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 12:01:51 pm »

Some new Screenshots: http://img4web.com/g/JAK2. Progress is slow but hope is that I can turn most of my coding efforts into the game itself soon.
No question that the UI needs to be polished when the game itself is more mature...

-Tom Clancy
Pages: [1] 2