Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: The Global War of Malice: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 24943 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: •╢ The Global War of Malice [RP] ╟•
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2013, 03:04:01 pm »

OOC: I didn't think Picasso would actually catch on, but hey! It did!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2013, 03:11:45 pm »

(( I need to retcon my age, I did say ages back I was making him older then everyone else but nobody else gave ages until now ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2013, 03:13:40 pm »

So you want a dude with arthritis in addition to bad backs, shit lungs and way too much of a load? Good luck.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

So you're trying to make Solid Snake, basically.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2013, 03:25:30 pm »

((just let it go, you don't need to be older than everyone else; it's annoying to have someone being condescending all the time))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2013, 03:39:56 pm »

(( He won't be, but his age is the core I built him on so I need to make him older or nothing else in his personality profile fits. So it's either change his age or change the whole character and the age is by far the simpler option. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »

((I'd let Patrick keep his character here, and just constantly sark at him until he stops being condescening. He'll learn... or learn to be the butt of all the jokes.))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »

(( I actually had a better idea for my character and rebuilt his personality a little. ))
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2013, 04:22:04 pm »

(( I actually had a better idea for my character and rebuilt his personality a little. ))

((Great. Can we all be friends now?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2013, 04:24:18 pm »

(( Meh you still ain't likely to like him for a while, at least not until after the first mission. Can't really be helped. Every military force in existence has antagonisation between different branches. That ain't gonna vanish in 5 minutes.

And RP, Harvey is not special ops like you where he's an entirely separate branch of the military from the rest of you. Kind of a cross between a spy an assassin and internal affairs though he's never been actively involved the internal affairs side. ))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:28:00 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2013, 04:35:29 pm »

(( Meh you still ain't likely to like him for a while, at least not until after the first mission. Can't really be helped. Every military force in existence has antagonisation between different branches. That ain't gonna vanish in 5 minutes.

And RP, Harvey is not special ops like you where he's an entirely separate branch of the military from the rest of you. Kind of a cross between a spy an assassin and internal affairs though he's never been actively involved the internal affairs side. ))

((I definitely wouldn't say that every single military everywhere in the world is antagonistic with the others. Maybe at the administrative level its inevitable, what with everyone wanting what they think is best for themselves and their country, but at the regular level it definitely isn't always the case. Sure, there will be rivalry, but in most cases its friendly competitiveness. Whatever Harvey was, he was never at the administrative level. Plus, in some totalitarian states, I would imagine that the whole military is so centralized that antagonism would be penalized if not straight illegal.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »

(( Hah you've never seen what happens when you put a sailor and a grunt from the British army in the same room have you? It normally ends up involving fists. In any case for this character his trained drilled the rivalry and antagonisation into him.

That's not going to fade entirely ever but it will dim a bit later and what he's hiding beneath it will come out. At least enough that the 1 person on the team he likes so far will see it. ))
Caine's law.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2013, 05:42:56 pm »

((Well, I made Denia to be somewhat matronly, but in the 'better behave or I'll smack you into next week' sense. Also, she doesn't put up with people giving her shit, like I said in her personality. So she'll keep calling you Picky. It'll probably become a friendly nickname once she gets to know you, if your character is the type of person she can get along with.

But she will deck you if you call her pup again.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2013, 06:01:07 pm »

(( He's more likely to call you " The Lady. " So far your the only one Harvey doesn't have a strong desire to shoot. ))
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

(( He's more likely to call you " The Lady. " So far your the only one Harvey doesn't have a strong desire to shoot. ))

((He wants to shoot Vetra for offering a hug and then opting to defend him and defuse the situation? Man, Harvey's kind of a douche.))
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28