Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: The Global War of Malice: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 24947 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: •╢ The Global War of Malice [RP][2 PLAYERS WANTED] ╟•
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2013, 07:36:56 pm »

... No he's not. A Mary Sue is somebody who's perfect at everything not in one specific and well defined skill set.

He has a very specific and defined skill set in which he is very skilled, take him outside of that skill set and he has 0 training and 0 experience and will likely die in 30 seconds flat.
He's good at stealth and covert killing. He has experience in sabotage. Thats it.

Put him into a direct battle or take away his ability to sneak and he's worse then a raw recruit. Which makes perfect sense because his entire career is based around avoiding detection and removing specific targets.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:39:56 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »

Patrick, unless your person is some sort of robot, with all due respect he can not.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2013, 07:44:55 pm »

Snipers developed tricks to allow them to remain focussed and on target decades ago.
For instance the most common is to create a fantasy around yourself and your target to keep your mind focussed on them. Does it have side effects? Yes of course it does but a sniper can remain on target for days without incidient. It's after it ends that the problems come up or after more then several straight days but thats more due to mental fatigue then anything else.

I've looked but I've found nothing at all to say snipers have a 30 minute limit then go insane so can you show me where you got it from so I can understand your point of view?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:48:56 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »

Not necessarily insane, just loosing focus. They switch with there teammate. Or atleast thats how NATO has it. Afterall, you will need someone to watch your back, and you will need someone to find you targets, ranges, etc.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2013, 07:54:35 pm »

Please also remember that snipers act in teams. Mostly because one can really only look down a scope and not go insane for 30min at a time.
As far as I know, it's because they're a spotter meant to help you find how you should set your scopes and such. Tell you how far off the shot was, find trajectories, etc.

Patrick, do you think your character is the single most skilled person in the group?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2013, 07:58:31 pm »

Ranges and such can be done alone at a push and as long as you stay outside of extreme distances.
As for watching your back, thats a large part of the reason he hates being in groups.

He's always worked alone so in his entire career if he's had somebody behind him it's meant an enemy has found him. Operating in a group is going to be difficult for him and having a partner if either of our last 2 members is even capable of taking that role would be next to impossible for him until he's been around you all long enough to trust you.

Finding his target in this situation is not a problem since his primary job will just be supporting all of you, no specific target to kill unless the general assigns him one beyond order of prioirty in battle which in his case is basically just enemy snipers die first then officers then everyone else.
Other then special circumstances like artillery spotters or chooper pilots.

Focus is just a matter of discipline a single man can maintain it for days but it does have side effects that vary depending on the individual person.

Harvey is the total opposite, all of you are more skilled Harveys limited skills are just more refined within that limited area making him superior in one role and inferior in every other. I designed him with the specific purpose of being good in only one specific role.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:10:06 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2013, 07:59:21 pm »

╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

Henry throws another smoke, rushing towards the Munitions store. Suddenly, you spot a landmine right in the center of the doorway.

Bekter looks through his infrared imagery, aiming towards the smoke screen, seeing nothing as the thermal sight cant see it. He then aims around, finding Edgar. He aims, firing a shot that misses right as Edgar appears to move inside the powerstation.

Edgar quickly heads into the power, readying his assault rifle.

--------------
Meanwhile, back in HQ.
"Guess he saw that landmine I materialized there..." The General says.
"It was in an obvious spot." Lydia adds.

Denia walks inside the HQ, "Sorry for my tardiness." She says.
"About time." He says, pointing to a holographic screen of the fight.
"The other three are training it out in the AR cube. Wanna' have some fun, girl?" He asks, looking towards the control panel.

"This here control panel controls all environmental aspects of the AR Battlefield. You can materialize anything from landmines to giant monsters and such." He says.

Lydia inputs something into the panel, and suddenly in the hologram screen it starts raining.

♦Squad♦

Spoiler: ΩDatabaseΩ (click to show/hide)

☼HOSTILES☼
No hostiles

♥ALLIES♥
Spoiler: QM Lydia Fiores (6) (click to show/hide)

¤UNIQUE ITEMS¤
None
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

(( Don't worry I know my place in the team. He'll just be a little uncomfortable with it he'll still follow orders and do his job. ))
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:38:41 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2013, 08:23:46 pm »

((Then why did you keep saying you're more versatile than us?))

Denia smiles. This should be good. She looks over the controls, then at the battlefield. She grins. Beginning to type, she sits down. A moment later, a bucket of paint, upside down, appears over Harvey. Followed swiftly a grunting sound from somewhere behind him, as a fully armored samurai found himself on the roof. A few seconds later, three heavily armed soldiers appear within the power plant, though Edgar can't see them yet. Henry is beset by the ground beginning to shift under his feet, moving constantly, different pieces meant to throw him off balance, and a bear made of metal and belching smoke begins to come around a corner.

She was feeling vicious today.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:24:32 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »

(( And this is why letting a player mess around is a bad idea. ))

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:34:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:57 pm »

Henry grins as he spots the mine, this would suit his needs perfectly.

-PMing GM my plans-
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2013, 08:37:23 pm »

(( And this is why letting a player mess around is a bad idea. ))

Harvey sits down and goes to sleep while he waits for the waist of time to be over. (( In short Harvey will not do anything else in the training and yes this is entirely IC. He's an agent not a lab rat.  ))
Im going to ignore it, I am assuming the general wouldnt do that
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2013, 08:38:26 pm »

(( Probably, but this entire mission is pissing Harvey off, so eliminating himself from the training makes perfect sense. ))
Caine's law.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2013, 08:43:20 pm »

Patrick dont, trust me. Just play through it.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2013, 08:44:56 pm »

Through what? Dogs that come out of nowhere effectively taking away every single one of my strengths and paint dropping out of the sky?
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28