Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: The Global War of Malice: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 24891 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: •╢ The Global War of Malice [RP] ╟•
« Reply #345 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51:20 pm »

Edgar checks what he grabbed, buckles up and wonders if they need another gunner.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 14, 2013, 01:08:20 pm »

"Roger that." She slid out from under the Qm and buckled her into the seat. She steadily but quickly made her way to the front storage and slid the door open. Ignoring the others, she quickly sorted through the stores. No, no.. .there! She seized the legs and ducked out the storage area, the door shutting behind her. She hooekd a pair of 'chutes on the way and sat back down next to Fiores, handing over the legs. She slid her own parachute on and when the QM was ready handed her a chute as well, helping the QM if necessary.

That done, she clicked off the music she realised was still playing from the headphones around her neck, sat and waited for landing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 14, 2013, 05:50:48 pm »

" And tell them what? To send help? Prepare for attack? Prepare for our arrival? "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2013, 10:35:02 pm »

"You're a big boy, Harvey, I'm sure you'll figure it out." Denia says as she pulls the drone out of it's dive, scanning the ground to the front and right of the jet craft, the drone's engines struggling to keep up with the larger vehicle, though the task was easier as it could simply maintain the velocity it'd had with the plane after falling out. As soon as the missiles were spotted, the drone could relay the info to the plane and attempt some point defense. And of course, blow the fuck out of whoever fired them...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 14, 2013, 11:54:43 pm »

"Machine gun turret, hell yeah! That's what I'm talking about!"

Vetra jumps up rushing to the side wing of the ship, manning the heavy machine gun. She quickly checks the ammo belt and flips up the holographic site.

As she stands exposed to the rushing sky, Vetra takes in a deep breath of cool night air. She licks her lips, training her gun on anything that she can deem as enemy movement, gunfire or the source of rockets.

While doing so, she yells to Mortimer over the rushing wind: "SIR MORTIMER! WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, AND I KNOW YOU'VE DONE PLENTY TO HELP THIS ARMY IN TIMES OF NEED, I WOULD SUGGEST YOU USE DIFFERENT DEROGATORY INSULTS WHEN REFERRING TO THE SOLDIERS UNDERNEATH YOU! I REALIZE THAT YOU'RE AN OLD-SCHOOL GUY WHO CAN STILL REMEMBER FIGHTING BEFORE IRIDIUM, BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT THE CONTEXT OF THE TERM 'LADIES' AS YOU WERE USING IT IS NON-APPLICABLE AND A BIT SEXIST IN THE MODERN AGE! I UNDERSTAND THAT OUR SPECIAL FORCES WAS EXCLUSIVELY FOR MEN, BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT ALL BRANCHES OF THE MILITARY ARE MORE BALANCED BETWEEN GENDER AND ETHNICITY THAN EVER BEFORE! IT'S THE SAME WAY WITH MEN, MALE NURSING WASN'T TAKEN SERIOUSLY UNTIL JUST A FEW DECADES AGO, AND IS NOW SEEN AS A RESPECTABLE PROFESSION FOR EITHER GENDER! I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SUGGEST YOU USE MORE GENDER-NEUTRAL TERMS LIKE 'GRUNTS' OR 'KIDS', OR EVEN 'COW-FUCKERS' OR SOMETHING, AS THAT'S EMBARRASSING REGARDLESS OF YOUR INNATE SEX. YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN BE LIKE THAT, I KNOW THAT GETTING HIT BY ANTI-AERIAL ROCKETS CAN CAUSE PEOPLE TO SAY BAD THINGS, I'D JUST LIKE TO MAKE MY SENTIMENTS CLEAR! YOU DON'T HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR TERMINOLOGY IMMEDIATELY, WE ARE GETTING ATTACKED AT THE CURRENT MOMENT! AFTER THIS MISSION, IF YOU STILL WANT TO DISCUSS THIS, WE CAN TALK OVER SOME WINE AND CHEESE AND I CAN RECOMMEND SOME GOOD LITERATURE TO EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON THIS SUBJECT!"

Yes, Vetra could handle machine-gun duty while giving a speech on workplace egalitarianism, one of her known traits. One notable example was one siege where she went on a tirade against animal abuse via amplified speakers that eventually caused the besieged enemy battalion to surrender without fighting even occurring.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 19, 2013, 01:47:39 pm »

"Vetra?" Kinson called. "Some other time, please."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 19, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »

Henry looks around, "Anything I need to do sir?"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 19, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »

Send message to control. (( I have no idea what to say so not gonna try. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 03, 2014, 07:02:25 pm »

╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

And just as quick as the attack began, a missile strikes the bottom of the ship's rear, swiftly evading Denia's drones with precision. The ship rocks from the blast, and a part of the outer hull is torn apart, exposing the outside which is roaring with wind and missiles. Everybody inside the ship struggles to keep their balance, gripping onto nearby objects in desperate attempt to stay on.

"Initiating retrograde thrusters. Pre- Stop your blabbering, Anderson! Prepare for impact." a man calmly says from the intercom before he is seen walking from out the cockpit. He pulls his helmet and respirator off. His facial features appear stressed from the danger of the situation, his black eyes brandishing a tired look and his greasy black hair going off the side of his head, stopping down at the top of his neck.
 "This ship is precarious, James." the man says as he looks towards Mortimer with his tired eyes and his face bearing signs of old age, seemingly to be in his 40's.
 "I know, Felix." the ship captain says as he turns to everyone else whom is attentively staring at him. Lydia, who now is donned with a pair of metallic legs which Sarah brought her, shoots a glare towards Felix. Felix returns the glare with a tired glance, before turning back towards General Mortimer.

"It would be of our best interest not to hesitate. We jump with parachutes." he calmly says as he takes hold of a parachute and straps it on, turning to Lydia.
 "You too, Fiores." he retorts before leaping off the back of the ship. Lydia mumbles something before strapping a parachute on and jumping behind him in anger.

"And that, ladies and gentlemen, is our Scientific Adviser, Felix Antrixen. Also an old college friend of mine. He taught synthetic chemistry in college, which Lydia was also a student in. You could tell he wasn't the nicest teacher, but he's a smart guy." General Mortimer explains.

"If you need to get anything before you jump off, now's the time."

♦Squad♦

Spoiler: ΩDatabaseΩ (click to show/hide)

☼HOSTILES☼
None

♥ALLIES♥
Spoiler: QM Lydia Fiores (6) (click to show/hide)

€UNIQUE ITEMS€
None
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 03, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »

((And I am assuming nothing new to grab. Right.))
"Jumping. While getting shot. Joy. Whos ready to patch holes?"
Edgar checks he has everything, loads his SPIW and gets ready to jump, waiting for another person to jump with.
Highly Opinionated Fool

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 04, 2014, 07:06:46 am »

"Alright, Edgar, let's go." Swiftly, her parachute secure, she tapped Edgar on the shoulder and motioned to the doors. Seconds after he went, she jumped as well, plummeting into the turbulent skies.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 06, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »

"Guess it's a good a time as any to see how well these work. I'll go last; you go ahead. I need to grab my drone anyway." Denia seems weirdly calm in this situation, almost too calm. Her usual snark is also absent. Probably not a good sign of her current mental state.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 08, 2014, 06:04:07 pm »

"What should we do about Lydia sir?"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 08, 2014, 06:25:25 pm »

"Hall her down with you, ill fix her there so we dont all die."
Highly Opinionated Fool

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 08, 2014, 06:31:05 pm »

((She already jumped.))
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28