Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: The Global War of Malice: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 24912 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: •╢ The Global War of Malice [RP] ╟•
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2013, 12:52:34 pm »

Harvey walking onto the jet last settled himself into the seat closest to the planes ramp and hitting a button on the small device strapped to his wrist, moments later the faint sounds of eerily sad music filtered in the planes cabin just loudly enough to make people wonder if the sound was real or imagined.

Several minutes later Harveys body began to shake faintly and one hand vanished under his shirt to wrap around something as he began to mumble mumble quietly to himself just loudly enough to be heard.

"Peter, Alice, Janet, Thomas, Mathew...... Sam."

The list of names continued for several minutes before beginning to repeat always halting almost imperceptibly at the name Sam before continuing.

(( The device is just a weird data tablet with wireless headphones. ))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:54:24 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2013, 01:10:49 pm »

Vetra sat back in her seat, gingerly observing the behavior of her teammates. Sarah was listening to one of those songs about worshiping the devil and while eating your family members or something of that sort. Hey, if she was a good teammate, Vetra wasn't going to judge her for her musical tastes. Meanwhile, Harvey was shaking in his seat, listening to some depressing ballad while muttering the names of what was probably his last squad or family. Vetra watched the display for a few moments, sympathetically thinking to herself, 'That right there is a sad old man.'

As Harvey's angst began to creep on Vetra, the pyro shook her head and decided to drown everything out with her own music. Putting on the headphones, she browsed her playist until she could find something appropriate to listen to.

"Here we go. Perfect."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2013, 09:22:40 pm »

Henry smiles as his squad mates fall into whatever pre-mission routines they have as he nods off to sleep.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:52 pm »

╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

Henry cracks a smile as his squad mates fall into whatever pre-mission routine they have.

Vetra sat back in her seat, gingerly observing the behavior of her teammates. Sarah was listening to one of those songs about worshiping the devil and while eating your family members or something of that sort.
 Hey, if she was a good teammate, Vetra wasn't going to judge her for her musical tastes. Meanwhile, Harvey was shaking in his seat, listening to some depressing ballad while muttering the names of what was probably his last squad or family. Vetra watched the display for a few moments, sympathetically thinking to herself, 'That right there is a sad old man.'

As Harvey's angst began to creep on Vetra, the pyro shook her head and decided to drown everything out with her own music. Putting on the headphones, she browsed her playist until she could find something appropriate to listen to.

"Here we go. Perfect."

-
Harvey hits a button on the small device strapped to his wrist, moments later the faint sounds of eerily sad music filtered in the planes cabin just loudly enough to make people wonder if the sound was real or imagined.
Several minutes later Harveys body began to shake faintly and one hand vanished under his shirt to wrap around something as he began to mumble mumble quietly to himself just loudly enough to be heard.

"Peter, Alice, Janet, Thomas, Mathew...... Sam."

The list of names continued for several minutes before beginning to repeat always halting almost imperceptibly at the name Sam before continuing.

---
Edgar lets out a sigh, showing a confused face. He wanders around the ship mumbling about medical equipment.

-
With a eager slump, Kinson thudded into a seat and slid on some headphones. Death metal blared loudly from them as Kinson's muscles visibly relaxed, and she yawned sleepily.

"Ey', who wants to play some cards?" General James Mortimer says, shuffling a deck of cards. Lydia sits next to him.

♦Squad♦

Spoiler: ΩDatabaseΩ (click to show/hide)

☼HOSTILES☼
None

♥ALLIES♥
Spoiler: QM Lydia Fiores (6) (click to show/hide)

¤UNIQUE ITEMS¤
None

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2013, 02:29:31 pm »

((Yellow? I thought I was maroon or dark green...))

"What game? Idiots delight? Crazy eights? Fish?"
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2013, 04:32:54 pm »

Harvey shakes his head mutely before bringing up a recent map of the mining down on the device strapped to his wrist and looking for a central position that is tall enough to provide a clear line of sight throughout the town.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2013, 05:25:09 pm »

Henry's eyes pop open. "Did someone say cards?"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »

((I hate all of you. Maroon, Blue, Purple...I just use lightslategray. Or teal.))

The resident nano-technologist, meanwhile, was tinkering with her toys, as she usually did. Seeing if she could remove or improve anything about the drones, making sure none of the mines were duds, that sort-of thing. Her armor was on a special folding rack set up on one wall, designed to let her step into and wear the armor quickly, as the bulk and complexity meant it took a long time to do it any other way, and was nearly impossible without help. It was a flat, dark gray on the outer areas, mostly black, white, or khaki inside, depending on the material in question. As it was now, the armor was split at the seams and spread open to clamp down around Denia's form when she stepped in, and it also appeared to be custom built for her, based on the rigidity of the materials and the height of the armor.

At the mention of cards, Denia raises an eyebrow. "Gambling, General? Since when was that allowed in the army...next thing we know, you'll be pulling out a bottle of whiskey and reminiscing about the good ol' days." As the woman spoke, her face slowly became a wide grin, not truly mocking, but close.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2013, 06:50:09 pm »

"Regular cards or Pokemon?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 05, 2013, 07:43:02 pm »

(I looked back at the posts, you actually are orange)

Henry's eyes pop open. "Did someone say cards?"
"Regular cards or Pokemon?" Vetra asks, eating a sandwich.

"What game? Idiots delight? Crazy eights? Fish?" Edgar asks the general.
"Ah, one of the new games that came out. It's called Malice the Card Game. Pretty fun, you got these cards which represent certain cards." General Mortimer explains, displaying a set of cards displayed in his hand. The card cover says "MALICE" in big maroon words with black borders. A design of some high-tech hover tank is displayed below. Then to the bottom right is a trademark by the Celerian Military Supply.

Harvey shakes his head mutely before bringing up a recent map of the mining down on the device strapped to his wrist and looking for a central position that is tall enough to provide a clear line of sight throughout the town.

Denia tinkers with her gear, and checking it.
At the mention of cards, Denia raises an eyebrow. "Gambling, General? Since when was that allowed in the army...next thing we know, you'll be pulling out a bottle of whiskey and reminiscing about the good ol' days." As the woman spoke, her face slowly became a wide grin, not truly mocking, but close.

General Mortimer produces a flask of whiskey from his pack.
 "Back in old days, we didn't have these holovisions and fancy HUDs! We had the radio!" He mimics the voice of an old man, before taking a shot of his flask. He briefly wipes his mouth afterward on his monochromatic shaded sleeve.

"Damn, I'm old, but I'll always have the soldier's spirit, Ms. Hauberich." The General asserts, adjusting his solid eye HUD eyepatch.

"Gather around youngsters, lemme' show ya'll how to play Malice." He announces, shuffling the card deck.

♦Squad♦

☼HOSTILES☼
None

♥ALLIES♥

¤UNIQUE ITEMS¤
None

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2013, 07:57:38 pm »

((General Mortimer grew up when radios were the central point of entertainment? Doesn't that make him ~120 years old, at the least? Damn, I wonder what kind of medical breakthrough humans went through if a man is still serving in the military at the age that 99.999999% of people would be dead by.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2013, 08:04:28 pm »

Radios still are the main form in some places. SO hes either from hickvill earth, or is 120.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2013, 08:14:58 pm »

Continue scanning map to memorize as many details as possible.
Caine's law.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2013, 08:27:45 am »

Harvey once again examines the mining town hologram in detail, and looks for any spots to snipe on. The tallest point in the mine is a large silo which has a slide that goes down to a track. There are numerous tunnels located throughout, and an ore processing plant which is a large concrete building.

"Alright, first you gotta get yer' deck out. A deck is us--" General Mortimer shows until the ship shakes around.
General Mortimer immediately throws the cards down and places his two index fingers onto his ear.
 "Pilot, what's the emergency?" He asks.
 "SIR! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" He yells out over the ship intercom. Suddenly, a rocket thrusting noise is heard outside and smashes against the ship's wing, shaking the whole ship.

"BATTLE STATIONS!" Mortimer yells out as he un-slings his LU-90.

"Shit..!" Lydia yells out as she topples onto the ground.

♦Squad♦

☼HOSTILES☼
None

♥ALLIES♥

¤UNIQUE ITEMS¤
None

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2013, 11:05:47 am »

Kinson's head slammed against thehard steel of the aircraft's frame.
"Gargh!"
Quickly, she slid from her seat. She hooked an arm around Lydia and pulled her onto her lap back onto the seat, bracing her so she wouldn't bounce around.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:26:48 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28