Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: The Global War of Malice: In the jungle, the mighty jungle...  (Read 24913 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: •╢ The Global War of Malice [RP] ╟•
« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »

((Exactly.And where did he find enough bullets, or fire them fast enough?))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 28, 2013, 01:37:11 am »

((Plus when your are stuck by yourself behind enemy lines, why would he care so much about his "unit" which wouldnt be helping him in anyway.))
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 28, 2013, 08:51:24 am »

(( Weren't at war officially kind of the point of being an agent, his unit was hitting specific targets trying to prevent the war entirely in secret.

Taking out prototype weapons, killing people who were pushing for war, gathering intel incase of war and so on, getting some ammo isn't overly difficult to do when you won't need to do it more then once a year and since operations like that tend to require a month or more of planning time first he'd use up very little ammo over all.

As for his unit, why wouldn't he care? They're the only people within hundreds of miles that he can trust to watch his back and the people he trained with and worked with on joint assignment. Of course he cares about them. They're the closest he has to family when hes never off duty.

Do you stop caring about your family because you don't see them for a couple of years? ))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:12:03 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 28, 2013, 09:59:00 am »

((You could try telling us this through RP. Show, not tell. Telling us this is pretty irrelevant because it won't affect how our characters treat him: they won't know.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 28, 2013, 10:09:17 am »

(( It is gonna come out in RP later on but he's not gonna share it with total strangers. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 28, 2013, 10:31:18 am »

((then tell us later on, not now.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 28, 2013, 10:32:37 am »

(( Was answering Aseaheru and Elfeater's questions. ))
Caine's law.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 28, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

((if they weren't at war yet, it wasn't behind enemy lines; he was just a spy.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 28, 2013, 01:03:37 pm »

(( When they still want to kill you and it's still your job to kill them I classify it as a war.

Cold war would be more accurate I suppose though. ))
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2013, 04:33:02 pm »

Yah, uh, not really. More like illegal covert operations.
Highly Opinionated Fool

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2013, 07:32:14 pm »

((Time to dig through 7 pages of posts))
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

"YES SIR!" Everyone yells out, before walking to do their own things.
"Yay! Party time!" Vetra yells out, running off to get ready.

"Ey', sir..." Bekter goes over to the General, raising his attention.
"Yes, Special Agent Bekter..?" He says, crossing his arms behind his back.
"I need to request some UAV Drones, sir. And AP rounds, as well as a stealth camoflauge." Harvey says, standing at attention.
"We already have reconnaissance drones in the area. Their live feed will be up-linked to everyone's HUD." He says, before dismissing Harvey.
 "As for the other things, camouflage is expensive shit, man. Though I'll have Lydia get ya' some AP rounds." He says, continuing what he was doing.

Denia cracks her neck. Denia stands up from the computer and walked over to Lydia, flopping down in a chair near her.

"Hey, Lydia, right? Could I get some spysats? You know, recon drones? Oh, and blueprints for an auto turret; we have those, right? And uhhh...could we get air support? I mean, beyond me." She grins. "Just some matty drops, for stuff we can't get in the field. I think the nanobots should be able to build parts of them so we can build it ourselves, if not the full thing."
She waits for a reply, then interrupts suddenly: "Oh yeah, sorry, but limpet mines too! And some claymores or frag, if we got 'em. Sorry."

"God Fucking damnit, would you like a 50-foot mech with that, Denia..?" Lydia says in a sarcastic tone.
"Su-" Denia says before being cut off by Lydia.
"I was kidding. Jesus shit, we'll just air-drop that stuff for you. Mines and frags are in that box over there." She says, getting back to her work.

Denia grabs some nice explosive weaponry.

Henry looks over the recorded training session and smiles.
He walks over the the sniper, "Hey there Picasso."

Harvey turns to look at the man briefly with his mask still covering his faith judging him silently before muttering to himself quietly enough for Henry not to hear it properly.
"Grunts, always the same."

He then lowers his mask to give Henry a bored but friendly smile.
" Hello, and who are you?"

Henry returns the smile.
"Henry, Engineer."

Harvey holds his hand out politely then squeezes tightly to test Henrys strength as he responds.
" Harvey, some ass ordered me to join the general. "

He then pulled his rifle over his shoulder and smiled at it lovingly.
" And to make sure you lot make it back in one piece, or at least in a big enough piece that we don't need to carry you. "

Smiling slightly to show he was joking Harvey then laid out his array of weapons on the ground first his rifle, then pistols, then smg and lastly his swords and slowly began to dismantle and rebuild each gun in turn ensuring it was in perfect condition before taking a whetstone from a pocket on his leg and beginning to sharpen his swords.

Henry glances cynically at the guy and his weapons.
"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you around then Picasso."

" Maybe you will and maybe you won't. It doesn't mean I won't be nearby though pup. "

---

Denia watches idly as the others introduce themselves, then snorts at the sniper callling the guy -what was it, Henry?- a pup.
 "Hey, 'Picasso', you know everyone here is at least as tough as you seem to think you are, right?"
She leans back and picks at her nails lazily, as she continues. "Hell, you don't have to carry around all the shit I do, I doubt you're half as strong as me. We're the best of the best here, Picky. We ain't just some random boot-lickers they managed to round up."
The woman pulls out a knife and picks a bit of grease from underneath her thumbnail, as she hums a familiar, but not quite recognizable, tune.

Harvey smiled tiredly shacking his head as he stood then began to replace his equipment, first checking his pistols we're loaded and the safeties off and taking comfort from the weight of the loaded guns before placing them into holsters on his legs, then strapping his P90 across his chest and placing the rifle into an open ended case on his back before crossing the blades over it.

He then smiled at the woman who'd spoken and pulled down his hood for the first time revealing his dark hair streaked with gray and giving some indication of his age.

" I should hope so, boot lickers need to be strong even if you are better then them now but we'll see about that when the fighting starts pup.

While your were still wearing pretty dresses and dreaming about dragons and handsome princes I was killing and bleeding keeping you safe, while you were being a kid my friends were dieing."
Harvey then smiled sadly and walked towards her and held his hand out.

"Some bright spark thought it best you all had a man who knew the enemy and how to fight him and the war thats to come and I drew the short straw 3 days before I was due to start training kids like you to replace me. So I'm dragging these tired old bones into war against to keep you pups alive so you can learn and when this wars over carry on what men like me began a lifetime ago."

Harvey standing with his hand outstretched then smiles warmly at her.
"Try to stay alive pup, once this is done I'll be told old to keep going to war then it'll be your turn to fight or die alone in the dark so the people back home can think they're safe and the worlds at peace."

Suddenly, the general interrupts Harvey's wise words with an announcement.
"I ASSUME EVERYONE'S READY? PLANES WAITING OUTSIDE, GUYS." He yells out, before walking outside.

Everyone else follows in an organised line, even Lydia.

===

The plane's pretty big, and is specifically designed to hold troops. It has a futuristic style to it, like the ones you'd see in movies today.
Everyone loads up into the large room in the back. The back room holds troops, and is illuminated by a bright white light. The floor is paneled steel, and a hologram rests in the middle of what appears to be a mining facility.

General Mortimer makes an announcement while the plane lifts off.
"Judging from the enemy's speed, I'll say they'll be here tomorrow at noon. Now, keep in mind that these troopers aren't poor-equipped. They are powerful, and can easily kill you if you ain't careful." The general says, making hand motions around the hologram as he walks around.

"But we, we are professional, ladies and gentlemen,"
"We do it by the textbook, but with style. We take out the trash in a clean manner." He says.
"But we are also FIGHTING FOR OUR NATION!" He yells out, gaining everyone's cheers.

And so the carrier-jet sets off to the mining facility. The inside of the room you're in is pretty stable and you can even walk around in it. There's even a kitchen and a bathroom.

♦Squad♦

Spoiler: ΩDatabaseΩ (click to show/hide)

☼HOSTILES☼
None

♥ALLIES♥
Spoiler: QM Lydia Fiores (6) (click to show/hide)

€UNIQUE ITEMS€
None
╞═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╡

((Fuck, I forgot everyone's color code.))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 07:33:55 pm by PrivateNomad »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »

((I'll be brown in speech. I think that was what i was.))

With a eager slump, Kinson thudded into a seat and slid on some headphones. Death metal blared loudly from them as Kinson's muscles visibly relaxed, and she yawned sleepily.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2013, 08:07:18 pm »

Err... Missed me?

Edgar looks a tad confused, then wanders onto the ship grumbling about lack of medical equipment to patch up "Mister Sniper Man"
Highly Opinionated Fool

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2013, 09:05:11 pm »

(( Also my request for a high caliber sentry gun.))
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2013, 10:50:22 pm »

((MY EYES.
I would like to request that you not use blue in the future.
It's literally painful to read on Darkling.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28