Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to parable, a mimimalist RTD  (Read 6769 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to parable, a mimimalist RTD
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:30:15 am »

"This is a story of a few people in an office building. They are employees for the company in the office building, and had a simple job. All they did was pushing buttons on a keyboard, they were told what keys to press on a monitor, how long to push them, and in what order. This is what they did for every day of every month of every year. Usually this is soul crushing, but they enjoyed every minute of it. As if they had been made exactly for this job. Though one day something very peculiar happened, something that will forever change them. Something they would never quite forget. They have been at their desks for an hour, when they realized not one single order has arrived from a monitor, no one has shown up to give instructions, call a meeting, or say hi besides the others. Never at all their years of the company has this happened. This almost complete isolation, something was wrong, shocked frozen solid, they found thereselfs unable to move for the longest of time, but as they came to their wits and regained their senses, they got out of their desks, and stepped out of their offices." This is a RTD Inspired by the Stanley Parable, a game witch I recently found out about by the HD Remix on steam.
What do???

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to parable, a mimimalist RTD
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:34:30 am »

Clearly, there must have been a combination of failures inside the system. Something must have cut off the normal communication channels. Attempt to contact our supervisor, first over the office phone or intercom system, then in person if that doesn't work.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 09:46:48 am »

This must be an error on my Side...
Check if the computer is plugged in and turned on.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 10:15:20 am »

Clearly, there must have been a combination of failures inside the system. Something must have cut off the normal communication channels. Attempt to contact our supervisor, first over the office phone or intercom system, then in person if that doesn't work.
"But legion wanted to call the supervisor to make Shure....... Hey, why aren't you following my story??? Why are you even inter-acting with the phone??? Now lets try to do this again. Legion Walked out of his/her office."
This must be an error on my Side...
Check if the computer is plugged in and turned on.
" So anailater decided to check his computer first, Why of course it is, its always turned on and plugged in when you get to work... So he decide to step out of his office.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:43:27 am »

Anailater walks out of his office and into his neighbours office.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 11:50:03 am »

Lalasa boots up a game of solitaire while she waits for the day's orders.  :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 12:07:25 pm »

NO! Phone first! MUST USE PHONE! PHOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Argue with fate, call supervisor, ask what is going on
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

scapheap briefly wondered why someone is narrating before stepping into the hallway
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 12:36:19 pm »

Anailater walks out of his office and into his neighbours office.
"Anailater walks out of  his neabor's office and sees (roll:3) someone playing solitaire"
Lalasa boots up a game of solitaire while she waits for the day's orders.  :P
" lalasa decides to spend the time playing solitaire, she/he has never tried to play it here for some reason. Then someone comes into his/her office door.
NO! Phone first! MUST USE PHONE! PHOOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Argue with fate, call supervisor, ask what is going on
"Fine, Lengion uses the phone, but all attempts she tries to call someone fail...."
scapheap briefly wondered why someone is narrating before stepping into the hallway
"I'm narrating my story for this game right her, anyways scapheap goes outside his office, most of his coworkers were gone, scapheap deiced to go to the meeting room, maybe they missed a memo???"
Guys, this narrator thinks this is a video game, not a RTD, but don't spoil the surprise! Also you all got fives somehow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 01:55:25 pm »

"Oh that nice-wait, game? We in a 'the matrix' thing right now? You think I would noticed being put in one, unless I was born here..."
Scapheap step into the meeting room where...
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 02:38:14 pm »

Go to my supervisor's office. knock politely... and then knock again in ten second intervals over the next seven minutes or until someone opens the door... whichever comes first.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 03:00:09 pm »

"Oh that nice-wait, game? We in a 'the matrix' thing right now? You think I would noticed being put in one, unless I was born here..."
Scapheap step into the meeting room where...
"scapheap came to a set of two open doors, he entered the door on his left, also disregard that last comment, that was directed at the player." GM: I recommend you take the door on your right, also he doesn't know you are actually the player, also doesn't know that you can respawn.
Go to my supervisor's office. knock politely... and then knock again in ten second intervals over the next seven minutes or until someone opens the door... whichever comes first.
"Lenglon doesn't know where the supervisor's office is, since it only came to him/her rather he/she came to it. She decides to follow scap."
you CAN Disobey the narrator's commands.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

Lalasa shows her solitaire playing skills to Anailater~!

"Have you tried this yet?  It's pretty cool.  You have to move around these little cards and stuff..."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 03:30:47 pm »

My boss has stopped responding? A chance at freedom from this terrible job? Redemption? Hope!?

Play minecraft. I always wanted to play that when the bossman wasn't around.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 03:52:07 pm »

"Nah I'm a pinball guy myself, anyway you have any orders, I think the systems down."
Have a casual chat, try to ignore the voice in my head.
So how are you today?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5