Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game  (Read 56905 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2013, 03:00:37 am »

I finally gave in, and decided to draw a picture of our favorite psychopath: Dr. Asmoth G.D.D.

The white overcoat is her mysterious leather lab-coat, before it got burnt to a crisp, covered in blood of course.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 23, 2013, 09:11:33 am »

Women dwarves have no beards!? :o

Still awesome
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2013, 01:38:02 pm »

Women dwarves have no beards!? :o

Still awesome
No beards by default. There is a pre-written section in the raws without brackets that will give them beards, as many people do prefer them that way.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2013, 10:24:43 pm »

Diary of Magni:
Well, the Queen sent me on this blasted journey to this "Steelhold" where she said my sister was sent to after she was sent to prison. Well, I'm sent there as a reinforcement guard crew, but the other convicts they're sending don't know I'm a guard. I'm supposed to report to this "Jackal" who is the Warden. Supposudley, from rumors with the traders, he has a thing for my sister... Which is really strange if I'm going to be working with this guy. I know my sister had some problems after the Dwarf-Elf war, but getting the hots for the warden? Pathetic... It'll be nice to see my sister after so long, especially since last I saw her was just after the war. Hopefully time has managed to calm her down quite a bit.

The current events at Steelhold were that Jackal is in charge, the convicts seem happy, and everything seems to be working to her majesty's plans. I pray that this is true and not just a façade...

LATER:
It was... I come here expecting the guards to be manning the tower and keeping a hold on the convicts, but it turned out that the convicts hold the power here now... And the best part: the last convict in charge killed, not only Jackal, but my SISTER. And there were rumors that the doctor here resurrected her somehow, but there is no evidence of this. I've watched her experiments before, hauling some odd things there just to keep an eye on things, and I must say they're rather gruesome. She appears to be attempting to resurrect bodies... But he did this before I thought? Then there's that strange shadow I keep seeing every now and then of a masked dwarf. He doesn't notice I see him, but I do, and he kind of scares me. There's an odd air about him and something sinister. He's never there for long, and when he is, he's hiding in plain sight, blending in with others. The others keep to themselves, but one I feel bad for, which is Gob. He's a big guy and has arms the thickness of my hammer. And not the handle. He's not very bright and everyone openly insults him on it. He's a damn good fighter but really needs to learn to work for himself. I may talk a bit to him, he seems strong enough but others show me that I can have him help me have to return power to the guards.

Speaking of guards, the convicts have a small militia force and then one that was all crossbowmen and archers. The previous convict leader, Lenehan, seemed to have an obsession with elves and made that squad, led by himself. They say he tried to turn everyone into elves, but the mad dwarves tell me this. The others talk as if Lenehan never existed. Was he really that insane? I visit my sister's tomb regularly, and as ornate as it is, its kind of sad because the coffin appears to have been broken open and hastily put back together. I then spoke with the doctor after awhile and asked her about my sister, and she kind of shook her head muttering something about "recreating the process". When I asked her about Lenehan, she says her nephew was a brilliant mind but one that must've been put down. The doctor appears to be the maddest of the mad, but I doubt he'll cause much trouble to me. After all, during the next Caravan, I can send word to the queen about the status of the place. I can only hope I am not discovered in time... I will most likely keep this diary buried somewhere so no one may find out my plans. If you're reading this, you are either a fellow guard, a soldier come to liberate Steelhold; meaning I am slain. Or I am just re-reading my observations. I can only hope that I will live long enough through these events that Steelhold will return to the grace of her majesty... Though they swear that they are a Barony under her majesty's rule, they are a bunch of bandits, thieves and traitors... And unlike my sister who's rage fueled her justice, my hammer and my strength will help me return this to the justice system her majesty had intended this place to be...

((Story placed so the next guy in the turn list can have a reason to hurry up :P))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:07:03 pm by highmax28 »

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2013, 10:44:55 pm »

Gob was one of the many who died during the great siege; he no longer lives in Steelhold.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2013, 11:05:26 pm »

Gob was one of the many who died during the great siege; he no longer lives in Steelhold.
Crap...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2013, 12:38:43 am »

Looking over the rules, it appears that even if shining got extra time, this is his/her last day for updates.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:44 am »

Hope nothing's happened to him. Nice picture by the way.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2013, 02:32:07 pm »

Sadly i won't be able to update this something's come up, i spent most of today in the hospital with someone using a razor to cut open my finger nail to removes something that was trapped there, its put m behind by a lot, sorry y'all.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2013, 03:28:18 pm »

That sounds terrible.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 25, 2013, 04:17:49 pm »

I'll never clean my nails with a mechanical pencil again thats for sure.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 25, 2013, 08:02:56 pm »

Does that mean it's icefire's turn?

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2013, 08:49:55 pm »

Yessir

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2013, 10:43:31 pm »

Legend tells of an ancient fortress, one lost to gods and dwarfs alike.  They tell of a fortress overrun by crime and debauchery, a place so fearsome even the queen feared for her life.  They say that beyond the walls of this fortress were committed deeds of unspeakable horror, ones that no dwarf could witness and return with their sanity.

Today, this fortress lies in ruins, surrounded by a dying landscape.  Perhaps, some say, in dying the corruption that had once been confined to the fortress seeped out, poisoning the land.  The name of the fortress was almost lost to history, for to speak it's name was thought to bring death to the one who spoke it.  It is true that to speak the name of the fortress or any of it's most debauched inhabitants is to draw something's attention, and that much power focused on a single dwarf is rarely beneficial.  I take a risk even writing the name, for I am certain to die for it.  But future generations must know, so that they can avoid making the same mistakes.

It's name was... Steelhold.

That, by the way, is part of the setup for my turn.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:37 pm »

This will be perfect timing; Thanksgiving break, plenty of time to dorf around.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22