Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game  (Read 56882 times)

Jovus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »

Ironically, due to catastrophic computer failure, I will be unable to take my turn. Please skip me.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2013, 04:55:51 pm »

This is madness

hairypotatoes

• Bay Watcher
  • i like potatoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »

Edit didnt fully read the first post.

i would like to join this.

dwarf name: Hairyjack

Hairyjack is a notorious swindler scumbag and thief. he wouldnt think twice about putting his own mom in a grave for a gold coins or a fine dwarven brew. Hairyjack is a small dwarf but feisty and has no sense of remorse, honour. The one thing respectable about hairyjack is his willingness to fight the biggest meanest dwarfs without hesitation which has earned him more than one gruesome scars and missing teeth.

i would like a turn to please.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:58:56 pm by hairypotatoes »
potato?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2013, 05:46:13 pm »

So... Its back to me? Well... I'm waiting for the save message
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2013, 05:49:15 pm »

So... Its back to me? Well... I'm waiting for the save message
If I'm not mistaken, the save is up on DFFD, I saw it there while uploading my orbtrances file for my succession game.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2013, 05:51:18 pm »

Well, you're going to have to wait a day and then some, I can only update tomorrow night; I'm in class, I work tomorrow until 9, and I'm walking home

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2013, 02:05:26 am »

This is madness

Nope, this is just Steelhold. Where overseers powerful inmates try to kill themselves so to not to take a turn in this growing mess.

And yeah, save is on DFFD. If you want - go, download and look at what was not done.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2013, 06:52:30 am »

I'll download the save during math this morning, but I'm half awake ATM so update won't happen unless you want bullcrap

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »

Ok chuckles, what the hell is MACOSX? Steelhold is in there AND outside of it, and I don't know which one is updated or not

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2013, 03:58:30 pm »

Also, I just realized I never requested a job for my dwarf. I'm fine with anything non-military and non-farmer. Well, non-military except wrestler, if you get a dwarf with wrestling I'll take it.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2013, 05:19:06 pm »

*Whistles*
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2013, 05:29:28 pm »

I'm getting to it, I gotta do write up, etc. Takes me some time to start some things... Like mineforest re-embark on top of this... It wont take long, trust me, no write ups for that

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2013, 06:20:00 pm »

Journal of Modi, Cutter

1st of Granite, 253: The Chaos Begins
Its been so long since I've written in a book... Its fitting, so precious and wonderful... I'll be constantly writing in here. Things happen when you take the head guardsman and have him wrapped under your arm. We're claimed lovers, but I use him to my advantage. I hate all guards and soldiers after what they did to me... They don't think the kill of my squad captain was justified, but it was justice and justice it shall be! We have all been sent here as punishment from the queen who made this place a penal colony. I have no problem with her Majesty in doing so, and many are grateful, but my vengeance and hatred goes towards our General, who was condemning me to court marshal. Jackal may be one of his men, but I doubt that he is like him. Still... You can never trust anyone... Not even if you actually DO have feelings for them, and I don't.

There was a bit of chaos in today and it turned me into the new overseer. A gorlak broke into our halls and I killed it, but the head smacked Sarrak when I cleaved it. He got angry and started throwing a fit and the guards tried to hold him down. This is where things got ugly. The soldier and more murderous convicts, like myself, got in and started to fight each other with our fists, just for a good old fashioned brawl was what many of us say it was for. No one was killed, but it turned more chaotic when even the NON soldiers and guards joined in, everyone bashing each other about like no tomorrow. I didn't see some of the more reclusive of the convicts like Shadow or Rock Eyes, and even the political ones, like Lenehan and Jovus, where nowhere to be seen. In the end, the guards where forced down, and then the other convicts and myself managed to hold them down. Jackal then came with his unit with maces and other weapons, hoping to contain us, but he failed. When we had them all tied up and restrained, I went up to Jackal and I put a soft hand on his face and I told him he can be let go with his guards, provided that he lets me run the show. The look of sadness upon his face was gut wrenching but so sweet at the same time... I whispered into his ear and told him not to worry, he'd still maintain all control but all projects and plans were under my command. He nodded, as if he had no real reason to say no. I then ordered them to be immediately released and kept nder watchful eye under the convict soldiers, who would become the new guards.

I am now the overseer, and in my dominion, you might as well say I am a goddess, for what I say now is law. This fortress will be one of Justice and TRUE righteousness. I will not be cast down in chains again as long as I live, and I will never bow down to ANYONE ever again. I'll also continue to be jackals "lover" even if he thinks I betrayed him, but we'll see what happens...

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2013, 05:07:09 pm »

For clarification, when exactly did you download the save?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2013, 05:13:49 pm »

For clarification, when exactly did you download the save?
November 2, I've been very busy...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22