Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game  (Read 56932 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Steelhold - A Penal Colony Succession Game
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2013, 05:33:25 pm »

Modis Last Stand:
Jackal lies slain... No, the love of my life lies slain... We fought together, talked together and even plotted Lenehan's downfall together. The plan may already be in motion for him to fall by the end of the year, even without Jackal and I, it will work. But here I am, holding my beloved in my arms as I weep for him. I never truly hated him, and I always felt sorry for when I betrayed him for power. I saw the goblins returning and I gripped my axe as I whispered a small prayer for Jackal as I left his side. There will be no more justice after I am done today. There will be no more joy in my life. There is only hate and anger. My name, is from the language known only by few, and it means "Anger". I was never truly born with a name, only given one since all I knew my life was to attack those who angered me. I fought, I killed and conquered. I feel no more anything but that anger. If I survive this ordeal, I will kill Lenehan and anyone who steps in my way... Even the children if they even cry when I kill him. I won't take power, I'll give it to someone who can truly lead us. But today, I kill those who slain my loved one. I will kill every last goblin I see until the day I die. After I kill Lenehan, I will hunt the bastards down. They will all die. I WILL FIGHT, KILL AND DESTROY!

<Modi charged the horde of enemies valiantly. With the rage of her fallen lover, she goes to meet death. She slays a few before they overwhelm and kill her. She died in battle. She died knowing that Lenehan will loose it all. She died going to her heaven with Jackal. She saw Sarrak on the way there and, though he did not come with her, she stayed to watch the fortress and gaze on his book every now and then. She never did see Jackal on the way to heaven...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2013, 06:34:00 pm »

Diary of the True Prophet, entry 6
Lenehan did not take my warnings to heart.  He has continued his ridiculous elf worship and arranged the deaths of Modi and Jackal, two former overseers and possible threats to his rule.  Modi was a secret ally of mine.  While she would not convert, and thus is doomed to eternal torment, her anger made her a useful tool against Lenehan.  Perhaps Lenehan knew this, and sent them to their deaths.  I will have to seek more allies against Lenehan, lest he attempt to find me.  Of all of the dwarfs in this fortress, the one I find most interesting is Asmoth.  His experiments speak of a mind twisted beyond recognition, one that will be easy prey for persuasion.  The fortress is also host to a vampire, one cursed by the false gods.  He, too, is likely to ally himself with me against Lenehan.

I have yet to determine Lenehan's true plans for this fortress.  He has been digging "ventilation shafts" that descend as far as the caverns.  I have watched the progress from the shadows but have yet to determine the true point behind these.  Perhaps, should they be extended, my lords could use them to escape from their prison...

I will find Asmoth in his laboratory, and there discuss the possibility of an alliance.  He is not one of my lord's liking, but his aid is a necessary evil if we are to defeat Lenehan.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
  • One notable kill: Himself
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2013, 07:48:25 pm »

24th of Galena
Angry-dwarf and the Warden died three days ago. Greens attacked and killed a lot of soldiers. I don't really care. I didn't like Angry-dwarf or the Warden. I think they were good for each other though. Both angry, both mean, both a little crazy.

But now Elf-lover's the Warden. I asked him a month ago if he could start having people produce lye but he just sent me off. He's mean. But he's not as mean as he is creepy. I think he wants to eat me, but I'm not sure. I don't really care if he eats me but I don't like the dying part. I don't know what happens after you die.
Mask-dwarf seems to know though. He keeps talking to Labcoat-dwarf about an "alliance" and the "true gods." It sounds nice. Maybe I'll ask him about it.

Elf-lover seems to be trying to be friendly to Labcoat-dwarf though. He probably thinks Labcoat-dwarf is a danger and wants to keep him under control but he should know Labcoat-dwarf's not dangerous. He's crazy but he's not mean. I've seen what he does to some of the dwarves he uses for tests, but they're all mean dwarves. I think Labcoat-dwarf's just sad because of something that happened in the past and now he takes it out on those that remind him of it.

Maybe Elf-lover's one of those people. I know he makes me sad and angry. He's mean to everyone and he's been digging holes all over the fortress. I don't know what he's trying to put into the fortress but it can't be "fresh air." The desert air is far from fresh. It smells funny and is always hot, so we end up sweating all the time. I'm tired of Elf-lover. I really think it's time I shut him up.

Maybe Labcoat-dwarf can help me.

Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY
A better fort for you and me!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »

Diary of the True Prophet, entry 7
It appears I am not going as unnoticed as I would have hoped.  I talked to Asmoth, but he seemed noncommittal, unwilling to make an alliance just yet.  I waited around his chambers, and sure enough, an hour later Lenehan came down to talk to him.  Perhaps I will have to seek more allies.
But back to my first statement.  I found a dwarf I had never before seen eavesdropping outside of Asmoth's door.  The blessing of the gods allowed me to pass him unseen, but I must be more careful in the future.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:31 pm »

So which convict takes over the fortress next?

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »

Shininglight, but it looks like he hasn't been dorfed yet.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:38 pm »

Well, I wonder if he'll claim a guard?

BlackMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:38 pm »

Hm. Might not fit with his character bio but he can always be creative.
Mod mod mod the raws!
Mod mod mod the raws!
SAY YES TO SLAVERY

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2013, 09:40:59 pm »

Hm. Might not fit with his character bio but he can always be creative.
I didn't see it, crap... I thought that's what you meant

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2013, 11:34:26 am »

Bury me with my mace! Failing that, bury me with a particularly heavy stick.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2013, 02:26:29 pm »

Asmoth's Log, 29th of Galena.

Test two results: At last, my skills seem to be coming back to me. I managed to induce full body necrosis in one of our prisoners, and operated on him to remove the rotten tissue. He didn't even die at all! Unfortunately, I had to perform euthanasia on him, since it would have taken months for his eyes and other tissue to heal to the point of being a useful test subject once again. The smell was also irritating those who were outside my offices, in spite of Lenehan's new ventilation shafts. I'll add any non-rotten meat to Lenehan's food supply and throw what's left into the bone stockpile.

On the subject of ventilation shafts, Moisturiser tells me that they're actually intended for a darker purpose. I'm not sure what we can do about this, short of poisoning all our miners, and unfortunately I don't seem to have very much poison left. This probably warrants further thought. In the meantime, I have several barrels of goblin tallow that I need to disguise as animal tallow.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2013, 03:43:33 pm »

I requested to be dwarfed as the Clerk several pages back, here lemme quote:

Crap need to make a new Dwarf. Alrigth then i'll have a look at the save and pick someone then write a backstory.

Found one:

The clerk Kadol Oddomtomus.

Requesting the Name: Shining. Profession: Novelist.

Shining was originaly arrested for writing several small novels based around some rather unsavory elements of the Kingdom's history. It was classed as agitative propaganda. After his sentencing he was reconvicted while still in prison for writing ACTUAL agitative propaganda. He eventual staged no less than 3 riots in order to try and get out of jail. Earning him the enviable chance of going to Steelhold to simply get rid of him. ( The dwarf is a woman but screw it all dwarves have beards even if they can't be seen. )

However before I can do anything I need the save.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:46:16 pm by Shininglight »
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 13, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »

Holy cow all these updates and i killed a gob very nice work, now i gotta read through all this fiction.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »

I actually did dwarf Shining a while back, and I apologize that I forgot to mention it earlier.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2013, 10:32:00 pm »

So who will stop the elf lover now that Modi and Jackal are dead?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22