Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Badlands. Post-Apocalyptic Minimalist  (Read 4584 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Badlands. Post-Apocalyptic Minimalist
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 04:58:57 pm »

Go meet up with my family and see how they're doing. afterwards wander out of town to a nearby stream I know of and figure out how to do some fire majicks. make sure that I don't get stepped on while I walk around.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 07:12:58 pm »

"A show of arms and force. What a splendid way of greeting newcomers."

I'd advise to step lightly. It doesn't look like a nice place out here.

"Not kidding me there..."

Inquire about current state of town. Check on why they're armed. Announce intention of peace.

lamejerk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 09:58:27 pm »

find the nearest buxom broad and begin belligerently bellowing bullshit about her booty

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 03:28:52 pm »

That can't be right. A town full of hostile, heavily-armed inhabitants? How unlikely, indeed.

In fact, they probably are actually completely normal career-minded individuals with families to feed and bills to pay, and they're just waving at us, as they are happy to see us.

Yes, that must be the truth. So it shall be.

Normalize inhabitants with do-anything powers.
[3] Reality shifts and parts as you rip it apart. Suddenly, everyone's a bit more friendly and nice. They still possess guns, though. Your fellow travelers look mildly bewildered. Your plans go wrong however, as a hole in reality makes a [1] Flechette Horror pop out. Since everyone in town now polite, no-one bothers it.

Enemy: Flechette Horror
A strange being of metal with an inner core of constantly shifting spikes. It howls occasionally and disperses painful looking flechettes. It fires a burst of flechettes at you but [1] misses entirely.

Crazy Meter: 1

This scenario is non-optimal. Ideal, conditions require distrust between opponent faction. Puts up nano-tech shield and invisibility cloak, then walks among the lines and pulls the trigger of one of the villagers's weapons while aiming it at another villager
[6] You pull the trigger of a villager while he's pointing it at another person. However, reality suddenly shifts to make everyone much nicer... however, your villager stay, and he just shot another villager due to you. He looks back at you in horror and aims his gun at you! [4] He fires, and hits you in the chest! You stumble back and fall over.
Giggle profusely, then put up the hood of my cloak and slowly creep away. Stand off to the side of the confrontation and watch carefully to see if anyone notices.

Ohboyohboyohboy, time for some fuuuun!~
[4] Nothing happens to you, but you get to see all the fun. Wheeee.

Go meet up with my family and see how they're doing. afterwards wander out of town to a nearby stream I know of and figure out how to do some fire majicks. make sure that I don't get stepped on while I walk around.
Staying far away from the ensuing gunfight, you head back to your home, an old truck. [5] Your mate seems to have caught enough horribly mutated creatures to feed your kits for the next summer if all goes well. No more dead kits for now! You go over to the river and attempt to do some fire magic. [3] You find a zippo lighter half-buried in the sand. It still works! Zippos are practically magic.

"A show of arms and force. What a splendid way of greeting newcomers."

I'd advise to step lightly. It doesn't look like a nice place out here.

"Not kidding me there..."

Inquire about current state of town. Check on why they're armed. Announce intention of peace.
[1] You go up to a villager and ask what's up. He holds up his sword and shouts "We don't like strangers round here!". [2]He stabs at you, which you block, but then reality suddenly shifts around, and now he's talking about the weather. How queer...

find the nearest buxom broad and begin belligerently bellowing bullshit about her booty
[2] You comment on a rather curvacious lady's attributes. She pales a bit and frowns, then rather viciously implies that you should leave her general area. Gee, these villagers are way more polite then they were about five minutes ago.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »

That's not right, either. This thing seems downright nonsensical in its design and shape, not to mention its murderous ambitions.

Engage godlike powers to endow Flechette Horror with an actually realistic ambition that isn't murdering everyone, like, say, gardening. Yes. Gardening sounds like a good occupation for somebody like that.

Scood

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is both a lie and truth until observed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 04:13:03 pm »

rafno turns everything in a 10 mile radius into jelly creatures except himself
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:23:36 pm by Scood »
...............___@@@__                  
......_____//__?__I_?_\______
----o--THIS IS THE POLICE-@)
-----`--(@)=====+====(@)-----

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

Take a walk around. I'll run into something sooner or later.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 08:35:57 pm »

eh???
Summary: Intelligent Fox kit with magic capabilities
I think ages got confused here.

leave the zippo where I can find it, and try to figure out flame magic. if I end up at risk of burning, jump into the stream.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

lamejerk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 09:02:44 pm »

press the issue further, remarking how curvaceous her curves are and drawing parallels between my gun and my gun(s)
"Damn, girl. I'd like to draw a detailed full body portrait of you and take it somewhere private."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 11:11:05 pm »

Zap the Flechette Horror with the zapper stick, send it one kilometer directly up.

"Ehehehe..."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 01:14:04 am »

Aira glanced at her companions, surely this was their work.

She then looked back at the man who was busy talking about the weather, rainstorms and passing the heavenly body argument around as she batted away his sword.

"Sir, why are you armed, and who armed you all? What is your view on outsiders, and whoever told you these concepts?"

A bit too formal there chief.

Interrogate!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 06:00:41 am »

((...))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 05:38:01 pm »

Can I still join?
If so than see spoiler, if not than sorry...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

lamejerk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 06:47:09 pm »

bump? fniff?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 04:18:21 am »

Fniff, is this dead ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3