Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capturing and Executing Enemies  (Read 1104 times)

Mythalinear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Capturing and Executing Enemies
« on: October 15, 2013, 11:14:18 am »

What is the best (or most fun) way of capturing and executing your foes? In my last fortress I kept a long one tile underground path full of cage traps open so that all the goblins would get captured after the main entrances were closed up. I would then drop them one by one into the arena where my militia stood waiting. Not all that creative, I know. I am considering a deep hole with raised spear traps at the bottom and then flicking the spears on and off if the initial drop doesn't kill whatever gets tossed in.

What creative ways have you come up with?

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
  • this games out to get me
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing and Executing Enemies
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 06:46:58 pm »

atm the moment im trying to create a system where i can drop prisoners into the hfs. you could give it a shot, in any case magma solves all problems
If life were like DF, Toady's strange mood would have produced an Artifact Game of Awesome that menaces with spikes of code ten years ago.  
But it is not.
Instead, what we have is a single obsessive mason trying to carve Mt. Rushmore.

aiseant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 04:31:43 am »

I have a bunch of chains in the middle of my war dogs pasture zone and where my soldiers are training. I drag naked goblins from their cage to the chain, and they're generally dead before reaching the restrain ^^
http://tenshedkadol.wordpress.com/

As a Urist McFrenchy, please forgive my english

Heck, only the elves would tame a leech. [...] Just for this, I'm starting up lead goblet production. Anyone who tries to sell me a tame leech deserves to die from lead poisoning.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 06:44:18 am »

I usually just make a bunch of mass-dumping-holes above my barracks and drop prisoners there. Usually I don't even care disarming them. I disarm them only for the recruits or unarmored soldiers. Sometimes I drop them to room surrounded with fortifications and let my marksdwarves practice with them.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 06:45:20 am »

I never got patience to disarm prisoners.

I used to chain bowmen and force recruits to fight them. It was hilarious show, but not an effective exercise.
You can dig pit into cavern, for example and drop prisoners so they would disintegrate.
You can drop them into pit where your pet giant recluse spider lives (That was very funny thing to do)

I personally employ danger room with real iron spikes. Drop prisoners through hole in celling. When prisoners die, you can claim their stuff. Next time I plan to make real gladiator arena, where my militia recruits would fight goblin army to death while I laugh madly.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 06:48:20 am »

yea looking over these answer you get a general sense of how well dwarves treat prisoners.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:32:33 pm by dashadowlord »
If life were like DF, Toady's strange mood would have produced an Artifact Game of Awesome that menaces with spikes of code ten years ago.  
But it is not.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:51:16 am »

At least he used gas instead of spikes or serrated discs. *runs*
But honestly that aint really a topic to joke about.

Regarding Prisoneers. I once had a flooding chamber for that purpose. Quite boring but it did the job.

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:21 am »

I am dropping my prisoners to the 3 tiles deep pool full of water. And tamed aligators.

Mythalinear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 01:54:48 pm »

How do you disarm prisoners?

hera35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 03:55:44 pm »

Target practice. The actual archery training is pretty forked up and a pain in the ass to set up, plus you get much more experience from live foes. Considering the fact that crossbows aren't affected by weapon material apart from melee combat you can very quickly set up a super efficient elite marksdwarf squad using only wood and bones as materials.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »

How do you disarm prisoners?

This page on the wiki might help.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »

1) Dig out giant maze, preferably 2-3 Zs wide with numerous lakes and gardens.

2) Smooth and engrave walls of entire maze, fill with statuary and weapon-traps.

3) Seal off all entry into maze save for a single hole at the top of the ceiling, it is now an elaborate deathpit/arena.

4) Fill with useless animalmen, they will wander about the structure and occasionally die horribly amusingly.

5) Now drop goblins and elves in, let the games begin!
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »

1) Dig out giant maze, preferably 2-3 Zs wide with numerous lakes and gardens.

2) Smooth and engrave walls of entire maze, fill with statuary and weapon-traps.

3) Seal off all entry into maze save for a single hole at the top of the ceiling, it is now an elaborate deathpit/arena.

4) Fill with useless animalmen, they will wander about the structure and occasionally die horribly amusingly.

5) Now drop goblins and elves in, let the games begin!

:o you forgot the minotaurs
But it is not.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 09:26:18 pm »

I just have a simple temple like structure over the great sea of magma life and drop prisoners in there. We then pull the lever and watch them all fall in, and occasionally breathe in the smoke of fresh gobbo casserole.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 12:27:55 pm »

I don't require entertainment from my enemies, I just need them gone.  Deep hole does the trick for me.
Ellipsis free since August 2013.