Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Dwarf Cancels .... Too Injured"  (Read 1167 times)

Khegit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Dwarf Cancels .... Too Injured"
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:17:58 pm »

Recently, a dwarf went berserk and hurt one of my other dwarves. He survived, but now his right wrist is factured, and he cannot do any work due to this. He just recently came out of the hospital for treatment of his other wounds, but he won't go back in to get his wrist treated. What do I do?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: "Dwarf Cancels .... Too Injured"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

This is a known problem. I always just injure them further, but someone else may know of a better solution.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:38:09 am »

The first thing I would try is editing all his labor down to something like diagnoser in the hospital.  And put a 'post-it' on my monitor to check on him once in a while
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 09:47:43 am »

broken bones will eventually heal by themself too
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Khegit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 02:50:51 pm »

The first thing I would try is editing all his labor down to something like diagnoser in the hospital.  And put a 'post-it' on my monitor to check on him once in a while

But I want him to 'get' treated, not be the one doing the treating. This happened before with one of my hammerdwarves, I just wrote it off as the doctors not being able to remove that bolt from his chest. Now it happened again, perhaps not as severely, but still. Does the fractured wrist just heal on its own?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 04:55:38 pm »

What's the health screen of the dwarf say? If under "treatment" you have a list of items that say "needs [diagnosis/suturing/setting/etc.]", then you have an actual untreated wound. If no such thing shows up but there's a list of procedures for the affected limb in the "medical history" tab, the dwarf has already been treated and the injury just needs some more time to mend. Dwarfs are typically released from hospital once the treatment list has been worked off, they may still have active injuries that only go away after several days or weeks.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »

Does the dwarf have any nerve damage in the left arm?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Khegit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 06:10:50 pm »

Never mind, she has a cast on, now. It should heal with some time.... although, the incompetence of my doctors to remove a bolt from a dwarf's chest still resulted in a berserk, skilled hammerdwarf, and two dead....so there's that.