Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why do I keep creating worlds with no dwarves!  (Read 520 times)

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why do I keep creating worlds with no dwarves!
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »

Recently, I have decided to create a new world to play Dwarf Fortress on. I did not extensively modify the game, but added some basic changes. I nerfed bows, and made dwarves the only ones to have crossbows. I also made ostriches common domestic animals, increased their clutch size, and made all domestic animals and dwarves give birth to young at at full size, due to the bug preventing creatures from growing to their full size. I also added a few reactions including one to turn vermin into coke and one that turns corpses to coke. Aside from this, I did nothing besides increasing the size of some poultry slightly and giving all caravans guards. With these changes, I created a world. In this world, there were mountain halls, but they were populated by humans. No dwarven civs had ever existed, and gremlins, merpeople, and satyrs had actually formed their own civs, even though I had not coded in civs for those races. The biggest problem was the lack of dwarves. When I decided to embark, I was presented with a group of humans. I created maybe 8 or so other worlds, the results were the same. Aside from the new civs and the absence of dwarves, the only strange thing was that the elves were worshiping gods, not regional forces. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:06:11 pm by someone12345 »
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Why do I keep creating worlds with no dwarves!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:05:13 pm »

Maybe there's a duplicate raw somewhere? The symptoms seem to match.
It's FEF, not FEOF

WhimsyWink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 09:50:52 am »

I got this one Garath:

Have you tried the modding discussion boards? 

You have a lot going on there.  All that comes to MY mind is that birthing at full size is likely to kill off all the females.  And that is decidely unhelpful to you.
Ellipsis free since August 2013.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »

I wasn't going to post here cause I didn't know and I don't always point out that some questions are answered faster elsewhere  :P

I know I post a lot in this part of the forum, count me bored and with a lot of free time
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 02:20:25 am »

This is some kind of bug.

Check Human entity raws, do they have [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]? If they don't, then some of your modifications really messed everything.

Does this keeps happening if you gen multiple worlds?