Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cave-Adapted Dwarves Not Vomiting  (Read 461 times)

Khegit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cave-Adapted Dwarves Not Vomiting
« on: October 13, 2013, 10:09:03 pm »

I have many dwarves with a severe case of cave adaption. However, when they are exposed to sunlight, they only get the thought "Was nauseated by the sun", but do not throw up. Is there a problem here? (Not that I'm complaining, really.)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Cave-Adapted Dwarves Not Vomiting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:03:21 am »

maybe they have a good constitution or something and manage not to throw up? try keeping one exposed for a very long time to see what happens
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:25:47 pm »

I haven't seen much recently in the way of dwarf puke outside of gut wounds. Perhaps Toady took it out at some point, given the hideous trails you could make in 40d.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:01:11 pm »

In version 0.31 and later, vomit generally only makes the ground green-colored, making it mostly indistinguishable from grass; it's not like it was back in 40d and earlier where it showed up as a trail of "".
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.