Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: First Goblin Ambush  (Read 3331 times)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First Goblin Ambush
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 12:46:13 pm »

Yay! I just had my first Goblin siege!  I have 4 squads, 3 melee, 1 marksman, mostly in Steel (marksmen in leather).  I have a snakey hall way with bridges at both ends.  I have a fortification line on the second floor overlooking the snakey hallway so my archers can shoot whatever comes in with little fear.  I have a well, a hospital, fully functioning metals, soaps, farm, dairy, egg industries.

12 goblins walked up and got caught in my traps... done : /

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 12:49:26 pm »

My first full-on goblin raid wiped my game.  I got spear goblins, or whatever the ranged ones are called, and they just sniped everything in the zone from miles away until it wasn't worth continuing.  The first time I made it through the first wave of goblins was a Good Day.

Pretty much the only thing that gives me a sad now is the undead.  They ignore traps and just stroll down your heavily trapped Corridor of Death to shake your greeting dwarves firmly by the throat.

That'd be bowgoblins or xbow goblins.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

you have STEEL goblins? how come i never get such fun?

be very careful of ranged attackers. an elite marksman is more lethal to your dwarves than semi megabeasts, even some of the weaker megabeasts.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 09:22:51 pm »

be very careful of ranged attackers. an elite marksman is more lethal to your dwarves than semi megabeasts, even some of the weaker megabeasts.
Oh man, I lost about 8 elite soldier dwarves and 10 civilians to crossbow goblins in my last siege, and then that started a tantrum spiral... needless to say, fun ensued

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2013, 09:23:22 pm »

I think he was referring to his own squads. Other races never use steel, it's a Dwarven exclusive.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2013, 09:13:50 am »

Heh, my first seige was actually with a mod. Rise of the mushroom kingdom mod. I was the koopas and I only had 3 spear koopas and one blizzard master. One of the koopas babies were killed and 3 people injured. Actually lucky for my first siege. Your probably wondering what I was attacked by? I WAS ATTACKED BY THE FREAKING BUMPTIES THAT'S WHAT. Those penguins kept assaulting me and again And again, to the point I had a lengendary spear koopa!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     They sucked badly too! Every time they were wrestlers. My guys kept getting injured, hell one them got their eyes tooken out, but he still KICKS ASS. Finally one of the miners who died had a whole family living in the fort. They went on a massive tantrum spiral, it was like fallout! There were only 2 survivors, my two lengendary Spear koopas. I relieved them from duty to rebuild again. We actually lasted until more migrants came.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              In conclusion war, war never changes.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:20 am »

Damn goblins. A snatcher beat a baby in its mothers arms to death. Why do they target the baby first? Does the dwarf mistake it for a shield or something?

I had a snatcher slice a baby's leg off. I didn't know it until the kid turned twelve and I went  into therapist to assign her a task, and it said she was a Legendary Crutchwalker. I was all "What the--?" and looked at her.  Her leg was gone, from that attack all those years prior.

But seriously?  He sliced off her leg? I'm guessing he was aiming for Mom.  Mom, btw,beat the crap out of him with no military training. 
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Arowhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2013, 11:24:30 pm »

My first raid, goblin pikemen came in and killed 4 dwarves, then my miners and woodcutter used their tools to kill them off.
Another important reason is graphics: Toady is running out of letters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]